Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
A delegation headed by former Luxembourgian MP Jacques-Yves Henckes, along with President of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis Sahil Gasimov, is on a visit to Azerbaijan.
Elmira Akhundova, Head of the Azerbaijan-Luxembourg Working Group on Inter-Parliamentary Relations, told APA that the guests had a number of meetings on Wednesday.
She said that the meeting with Head of Azerbaijan’s Delegation to PACE Samad Seyidov focused on the discussion of current Europe-Azerbaijan relations and the anti-Azerbaijan campaign being carried out by some western circles.
Seyidov accused some European politicians of taking an unfair position against Azerbaijan.
The Luxembourgian politician stressed that the purpose of his visit is to find out the reality and convey it to Europe.
“This campaign against Azerbaijan is unfair, which is exactly why I’m here today so that I can learn your realities and convey them to Europe,” he said.
According to Akhundova, Henckes is a well-known lawyer in his country.
“At the beginning of this year, the deputies of the friendship group from Azerbaijan visited Luxembourg at the invitation of Chamber of Deputies of Luxembourg, and the flag of Azerbaijan was waving in the parliament of this country for three days. We are grateful to him for it. He was a member of Luxembourg’s Parliament for a long time. At present, he is the Honorary Vice-President of the Benelux Azerbaijanis Congress,” she said.. We are grateful to him for it. He was a member of Luxembourg’s Parliament for a long time. At present, he is the Honorary Vice-President of the Benelux Azerbaijanis Congress,” she said.
During the meeting, President of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis Sahil Gasimov talked about activities of Azerbaijanis in Europe with local politicians and the Karabakh forum to be held in Brussels in the coming days.
The delegation will stay in Azerbaijan untill October 21. During these days, several official meetings will be held.
- 22.01.2018PACE winter session kicks off today
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED