Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
A delegation headed by former Luxembourgian MP Jacques-Yves Henckes, along with President of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis Sahil Gasimov, is on a visit to Azerbaijan.
Elmira Akhundova, Head of the Azerbaijan-Luxembourg Working Group on Inter-Parliamentary Relations, told APA that the guests had a number of meetings on Wednesday.
She said that the meeting with Head of Azerbaijan’s Delegation to PACE Samad Seyidov focused on the discussion of current Europe-Azerbaijan relations and the anti-Azerbaijan campaign being carried out by some western circles.
Seyidov accused some European politicians of taking an unfair position against Azerbaijan.
The Luxembourgian politician stressed that the purpose of his visit is to find out the reality and convey it to Europe.
“This campaign against Azerbaijan is unfair, which is exactly why I’m here today so that I can learn your realities and convey them to Europe,” he said.
According to Akhundova, Henckes is a well-known lawyer in his country.
“At the beginning of this year, the deputies of the friendship group from Azerbaijan visited Luxembourg at the invitation of Chamber of Deputies of Luxembourg, and the flag of Azerbaijan was waving in the parliament of this country for three days. We are grateful to him for it. He was a member of Luxembourg’s Parliament for a long time. At present, he is the Honorary Vice-President of the Benelux Azerbaijanis Congress,” she said.. We are grateful to him for it. He was a member of Luxembourg’s Parliament for a long time. At present, he is the Honorary Vice-President of the Benelux Azerbaijanis Congress,” she said.
During the meeting, President of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis Sahil Gasimov talked about activities of Azerbaijanis in Europe with local politicians and the Karabakh forum to be held in Brussels in the coming days.
The delegation will stay in Azerbaijan untill October 21. During these days, several official meetings will be held.
- 26.04.2018Azerbaijani President meets with UK Prime Minister
- 26.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with British MPs
- 26.04.2018Conference on future of Turkey-Russia relations kicks off in Antalya
- 26.04.2018PACE investigation body’s corruption report lacks ‘real facts’ – Azerbaijani MP
- 26.04.2018British minister: Ilham Aliyev’s re-election as president will ensure continuation of Azerbaijan’s rapid development
- 26.04.2018Head of Azerbaijani delegation slams corruption report by PACE Independent External Investigation Body
- 26.04.2018Allegations of corruption in PACE: Stefan Schennach objects to mention of his name in report
- 26.04.2018Angela Merkel congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.04.2018Romanian president congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Turkey
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan joint projects are of great economic and political significance
- 25.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan is increasing its military power also at expense of Turkish defense products
- 25.04.2018Turkey is one of world’s powers: Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey ink six documents
- 25.04.2018Erdogan says hopes he will make first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as president after June 24 elections
- 25.04.2018Ankara hosts Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting
- 25.04.2018Israeli envoy visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 25.04.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Ilham Aliyev is important person for region and whole world
- 25.04.2018Meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents kicks off in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani president officially welcomed in Ankara
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Anitkabir in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: No countries in world are as close to each other as Azerbaijan and Turkey
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents dined together
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev Park in Ankara
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey on official visit
- 24.04.2018UN secretary general congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED