Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
A delegation headed by former Luxembourgian MP Jacques-Yves Henckes, along with President of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis Sahil Gasimov, is on a visit to Azerbaijan.
Elmira Akhundova, Head of the Azerbaijan-Luxembourg Working Group on Inter-Parliamentary Relations, told APA that the guests had a number of meetings on Wednesday.
She said that the meeting with Head of Azerbaijan’s Delegation to PACE Samad Seyidov focused on the discussion of current Europe-Azerbaijan relations and the anti-Azerbaijan campaign being carried out by some western circles.
Seyidov accused some European politicians of taking an unfair position against Azerbaijan.
The Luxembourgian politician stressed that the purpose of his visit is to find out the reality and convey it to Europe.
“This campaign against Azerbaijan is unfair, which is exactly why I’m here today so that I can learn your realities and convey them to Europe,” he said.
According to Akhundova, Henckes is a well-known lawyer in his country.
“At the beginning of this year, the deputies of the friendship group from Azerbaijan visited Luxembourg at the invitation of Chamber of Deputies of Luxembourg, and the flag of Azerbaijan was waving in the parliament of this country for three days. We are grateful to him for it. He was a member of Luxembourg’s Parliament for a long time. At present, he is the Honorary Vice-President of the Benelux Azerbaijanis Congress,” she said.. We are grateful to him for it. He was a member of Luxembourg’s Parliament for a long time. At present, he is the Honorary Vice-President of the Benelux Azerbaijanis Congress,” she said.
During the meeting, President of the Congress of European Azerbaijanis Sahil Gasimov talked about activities of Azerbaijanis in Europe with local politicians and the Karabakh forum to be held in Brussels in the coming days.
The delegation will stay in Azerbaijan untill October 21. During these days, several official meetings will be held.
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED