Lapshin has no complaints about detention conditions: Russian MFA
Blogger Alexander Lapshin, who is under arrest in Azerbaijan, has no complaints about the detention conditions, Russian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova told a briefing on Wednesday, APA's Moscow correspondent reported.
“Russia’s embassy in Azerbaijan is following the ongoing investigation into Lapshin’s case. Lapshin has no complaints about the detention conditions. His detention term has been extended till July 15. Upon the request of Russia’s embassy, Lapshin underwent medical examination,” said Zakharova.
As for another Russian citizen Marat Ueldanov who is in prison in Azerbaijan, Zakharova said that the preliminary hearing on his criminal case will be held on April 13.
The spokesperson noted that the Russian embassy has sent a note to the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry with a request to conduct a medial examination of Ueldanov.
Alexander Lapshin is a citizen of several countries and has had a criminal conspiracy with Armenians living in the occupied Azerbaijani territories. He also illegally visited these territories.
Lapshin is accused of violating Azerbaijani laws on state border in April 2011 and October 2012.
On Jan. 17, 2017, Alexei Stuk, deputy prosecutor general of Belarus, issued a ruling on Lapshin’s extradition to Azerbaijan.
Lapshin was extradited to Azerbaijan on February 7.
Related news releases
- 23.08.2017Hungarian embassy in Azerbaijan suspends visa issuance due to force-majeure situation
- 23.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Ukrainian counterpart
- 23.08.2017Croatia ex-president visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 23.08.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Sudanese ambassador
- 22.08.2017Spanish newspaper Marca apologizes to Azerbaijan for false info about Qarabag FC
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian FMs to meet on Sept. 7
- 22.08.2017PM Kvirikashvili: Azerbaijan was the first to send helicopter to help Georgia tackle forest fires
- 22.08.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Italian ambassador
- 22.08.2017Georgian president thanks Azerbaijan, Turkey for help in fighting forest fires
- 21.08.2017Georgia thanks Azerbaijan for help in tackling forest fires
- 21.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives former heads of state and government attending Global Young Leaders Forum
- 21.08.2017Latvia’s ex-president hails Azerbaijan’s experience in hosting high-profile events
- 21.08.2017Ismail Serageldin makes presentation on development of youth leadership at Baku forum
- 21.08.2017Opening session of Global Young Leaders Forum held in Baku
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian FMs expected to meet in Baku next month
- 21.08.2017Global Young Leaders Forum kicks off in Baku
- 18.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Afghan counterpart
- 18.08.2017Bolivia expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty
- 18.08.2017Turkish president to visit Azerbaijan
- 18.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to King of Spain
- 18.08.2017No Azerbaijani nationals among Barcelona terror attack victims
- 18.08.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns Barcelona terror attack
- 17.08.2017Children of some countries’ presidents and ex-presidents to attend Baku forum
- 17.08.2017Indonesia’s Independence Day celebrated in Baku
- 16.08.2017Vladimir Dorokhin: Number of Azerbaijanis studying in Russia increases day by day
- 14.08.2017Ambassador: Pakistan-Azerbaijan relations higher than strategic partnership
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian president
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president receives Chairman of Belarusian State Border Committee
- 09.08.2017Turkmen president departs from Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates president of Singapore
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 08.08.2017Status of Caspian Sea discussed during meeting of Azerbaijani PM and Turkmen president
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan stand for transforming Caspian Sea into source of stability’
- 08.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev: ‘Turkmenistan-Azerbaijan relations at highest level’
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan stand for preserving int’l and regional security’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan president: ‘We want lasting stability and peace in the region’
- 08.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan co-op will deepen - UPDATED
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents make statement to the press
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan sign documents
- 08.08.2017Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmen-Azerbaijani relations experiencing new stage’
- 12.04.2017FM: New Azerbaijan-EU agreement reflects support for and respect to territorial integrity of Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2017Fourth meeting of Azerbaijan-Russia joint commission on demarcation kicks off in Baku
- 13.04.2017Visegrad Group welcomes Azerbaijan’s intention to continue visa liberalization dialogue with EU
- 12.04.2017Baku to host meeting of EU-Azerbaijan cooperation committee
- 12.04.2017EU delegation to visit Azerbaijan ahead of Eastern Partnership summit
- 12.04.2017Azerbaijan, EU to hold next talks on new agreement on April 25