EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
The victims of human trafficking are mostly migrants, children and women, Head of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan Kestutis Jankauskas said on Wednesday.
Human trafficking is the third most profitable area following arms sales and drug and drug trafficking, Jankauskas said addressing an event in Baku dedicated to the EU Anti-Trafficking Day, APA reported.
He noted that this day first began to be marked on Oct.18, 2007.
“Human traffickers abuse helpless people. The crime of human trafficking is totally against European values,” he said.
Jankauskas added that the EU is implementing five annual strategies aimed at combating human trafficking in Azerbaijan.
“This strategy comprises up to 40 steps, the first of which aims to defend the rights of the victims. The victims of human trafficking are mostly migrants, children, and women,” he said, calling for a united effort in the fight against human trafficking.
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador