Kashmir witnessing state terrorism: Pakistani ambassador
Seventy years ago the Indian army started the occupation of Kashmir, and the occupation is still ongoing despite the relevant UN resolutions, Pakistani Ambassador to Azerbaijan Saeed Khan Mohmand said at a press conference on October 27 - the day of Kashmir’s occupation, APA reported.
He said that every year 27 October is marked as a "black day" in Pakistan in connection with this event that took place in 1947.
Touching upon the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the diplomat said that Azerbaijan has experienced a similar tragedy as has Pakistan.
"Therefore, Azerbaijan is well understands Pakistan as we both have witnessed the same [kind of] human massacre,” he said.
Mohmand underlined that the Kashmir events were a violation of human rights.
"Kashmir is witnessing state terrorism,” the diplomat stressed, adding that since June of last year to September of this year, 460 people have been killed and more than 20,000 wounded in Kashmir.
The ambassador urged India to respect the UN resolutions and try to make efforts to resolve this issue.
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 27.10.2017Russia says relations with Azerbaijan are developing through regions
- 27.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Australian, Guatemalan ambassadors
- 27.10.2017Several bilateral documents to be signed during Erdogan’s visit to Azerbaijan
- 27.10.2017Foreign Ministry: Azerbaijan supports peaceful settlement of Jammu and Kashmir dispute in line with UNSC resolutions
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijan’s minister of emergency situations meets with Iranian economy minister
- 26.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Turkmen counterpart