Iranian lawmaker calls for condemnation of Azerbaijani toddler’s murder by Armenian army
The murder of a toddler by Armenian armed forces in Azerbaijan’s village should be condemned, Nader Qazipour, Iranian MP from the city of Urmia, told APA’s Tehran bureau.
On July 4 at about 20:40 (GMT+4 hours), the Armenian armed forces, using 82-mm and 120-mm mortars and grenade launchers, shelled the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district. As a result of this provocation, the residents of the village Sahiba Allahverdiyeva, 50, and Zahra Guliyeva, 2, were killed. Salminaz Guliyeva, 52, was injured.
He said that over 20,000 people have expressed their support for the campaign launched in Iran to condemn the murder of an Azerbaijani toddler as a result of Armenian shelling and appealed to the country’s Foreign Ministry in this respect.
The lawmaker stressed the need to raise this issue in international organizations.
Iran has always condemned the murder of children in various countries, including Yemen, Syria, Kashmir and others, Qazipour said, adding. “Azerbaijanis are our Muslim brothers and neighbors. We are against any war. We think peace and stability should prevail in the region. We support a peaceful solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict”, he added.
He also called on the Iranian Foreign Ministry to arrange a meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers in Tehran.
Iran launched a campaign condemning the crimes against the 2-year-dol Zahra Guliyeva and civilians as a consequence of the Armenian provocation.
The one-sign campaign was initiated by Yolpress web portal through Telegram program.
Since it was launched, 20,161 people supported the campaign within 72 hours and condemned the Armenian crime.
Yolpress is published in Azerbaijani and Persian and mainly highlights the Eastern and Western Azerbaijani regional news.
Related news releases
- 24.09.2017Elmar Mammadyarov had bilateral meeting with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bahrain
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan, Vanuatu establish diplomatic relations
- 23.09.2017OSCE PA’s Special Representative to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan attaches primary importance to promotion of intercultural, interreligious dialogue – FM Mammadyarov
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijan says it will never reconcile with occupation of its territories
- 23.09.2017Azerbaijani President send congratulatory letter to King of Saudi Arabia
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister attends GUAM-Japan ministerial meeting
- 22.09.2017Armenian MPs to go sightseeing in Baku
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani deputy education minister blames Armenian MP for making false remarks at Baku conference
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan calls on EU to display ‘decisive stance’ against Armenia
- 22.09.2017GUAM countries interested in development of mutually beneficial co-op with US
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan says energy co-op with EU has reached level of strategic partnership
- 22.09.2017NATO Secretary General's Special Representative to visit Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2017Armenian MPs to attend Euronest PA conference in Baku
- 21.09.2017Turkic Council foreign ministers meet in New York
- 21.09.2017Work underway to bring home Azerbaijani children found in territories freed from ISIL
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan preparing for Eastern Partnership summit: deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan says ‘no serious progress’ in talks with WTO
- 21.09.2017EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on trade to hold meeting in Brussels
- 21.09.2017New Azerbaijan-EU deal unlikely to be signed by year-end – deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan, EU to mull new partnership priorities in late September
- 21.09.2017Tehran to host discussions on Caspian Sea’s legal status
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Non-Aligned Movement plays crucial role in maintaining int’l peace
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in New York
- 20.09.2017President: Since 2004, Azerbaijan’s economy has grown more than threefold
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plays important role on global energy market
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Development of democracy, human rights protection among Azerbaijan’s top priorities
- 20.09.2017Chairman of EU Political and Security Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2017Jankauskas announces date of next round of EU-Azerbaijan talks on new deal - UPDATED
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev to address UN General Assembly
- 20.09.2017FM: Azerbaijan supports lasting solution to Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani President attends state banquet at UN headquarters
- 20.09.2017Benjamin Netanyahu: “Israel expanded corporation with Azerbaijan" - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017China, Azerbaijan consider education a priority area – ambassador
- 19.09.2017PACE co-rapporteurs make statement following their visit to Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with representatives of American Jewish organizations in New York
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Foundation for Ethnic Understanding in New York
- 17.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in the United States for visit
- 15.09.2017First Vice President Mehriban Aliyeva meets with French Minister of State attached to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Mexican counterpart
- 14.07.2017VAK liquidation won’t affect Russia-Azerbaijan relations – ambassador
- 14.07.2017Anar Alakbarov: Terrorism is a crime against mankind
- 14.07.2017Iraq hails Azerbaijan’s support in fight against terrorism
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president receives credentials of incoming Turkmen ambassador
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijan appoints honorary consul to Sudan
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards group of diplomats