Iranian lawmaker calls for condemnation of Azerbaijani toddler’s murder by Armenian army
The murder of a toddler by Armenian armed forces in Azerbaijan’s village should be condemned, Nader Qazipour, Iranian MP from the city of Urmia, told APA’s Tehran bureau.
On July 4 at about 20:40 (GMT+4 hours), the Armenian armed forces, using 82-mm and 120-mm mortars and grenade launchers, shelled the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district. As a result of this provocation, the residents of the village Sahiba Allahverdiyeva, 50, and Zahra Guliyeva, 2, were killed. Salminaz Guliyeva, 52, was injured.
He said that over 20,000 people have expressed their support for the campaign launched in Iran to condemn the murder of an Azerbaijani toddler as a result of Armenian shelling and appealed to the country’s Foreign Ministry in this respect.
The lawmaker stressed the need to raise this issue in international organizations.
Iran has always condemned the murder of children in various countries, including Yemen, Syria, Kashmir and others, Qazipour said, adding. “Azerbaijanis are our Muslim brothers and neighbors. We are against any war. We think peace and stability should prevail in the region. We support a peaceful solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict”, he added.
He also called on the Iranian Foreign Ministry to arrange a meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers in Tehran.
Iran launched a campaign condemning the crimes against the 2-year-dol Zahra Guliyeva and civilians as a consequence of the Armenian provocation.
The one-sign campaign was initiated by Yolpress web portal through Telegram program.
Since it was launched, 20,161 people supported the campaign within 72 hours and condemned the Armenian crime.
Yolpress is published in Azerbaijani and Persian and mainly highlights the Eastern and Western Azerbaijani regional news.
Related news releases
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 13.11.2017EU appoints new special representative for South Caucasus and crisis in Georgia
- 13.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Iraqi PM
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijan offers assistance to Iran after earthquake - Iranian envoy
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union commissioners
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with African Union Commissioner for Peace and Security
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry expresses its attitude to the report on the detention of 200 Azerbaijani women in Iraq
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijan’s National Flag Day celebrated in California’s Monterey city
- 09.11.2017Israel's ambassador to Azerbaijan visits western disricts
- 09.11.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with Ethiopian president
- 08.11.2017Ali Hasanov: We feel hurtful about some Turkish MPs having voted against Azerbaijan in PACE
- 14.07.2017VAK liquidation won’t affect Russia-Azerbaijan relations – ambassador
- 14.07.2017Anar Alakbarov: Terrorism is a crime against mankind
- 14.07.2017Iraq hails Azerbaijan’s support in fight against terrorism
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president receives credentials of incoming Turkmen ambassador
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijan appoints honorary consul to Sudan
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards group of diplomats