Iranian lawmaker calls for condemnation of Azerbaijani toddler’s murder by Armenian army
The murder of a toddler by Armenian armed forces in Azerbaijan’s village should be condemned, Nader Qazipour, Iranian MP from the city of Urmia, told APA’s Tehran bureau.
On July 4 at about 20:40 (GMT+4 hours), the Armenian armed forces, using 82-mm and 120-mm mortars and grenade launchers, shelled the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district. As a result of this provocation, the residents of the village Sahiba Allahverdiyeva, 50, and Zahra Guliyeva, 2, were killed. Salminaz Guliyeva, 52, was injured.
He said that over 20,000 people have expressed their support for the campaign launched in Iran to condemn the murder of an Azerbaijani toddler as a result of Armenian shelling and appealed to the country’s Foreign Ministry in this respect.
The lawmaker stressed the need to raise this issue in international organizations.
Iran has always condemned the murder of children in various countries, including Yemen, Syria, Kashmir and others, Qazipour said, adding. “Azerbaijanis are our Muslim brothers and neighbors. We are against any war. We think peace and stability should prevail in the region. We support a peaceful solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict”, he added.
He also called on the Iranian Foreign Ministry to arrange a meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers in Tehran.
Iran launched a campaign condemning the crimes against the 2-year-dol Zahra Guliyeva and civilians as a consequence of the Armenian provocation.
The one-sign campaign was initiated by Yolpress web portal through Telegram program.
Since it was launched, 20,161 people supported the campaign within 72 hours and condemned the Armenian crime.
Yolpress is published in Azerbaijani and Persian and mainly highlights the Eastern and Western Azerbaijani regional news.
Related news releases
- 25.07.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates presidents of Liberia and Maldives
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani, Hungarian FMs meet
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijani, Russian presidents discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 21.07.2017Meeting of Presidents of Russia and Azerbaijan held in Sochi
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Russia for working visit
- 21.07.2017Egyptian embassy organizes official reception in Baku
- 21.07.2017Communiqué on closure of Al-Aqsa Mosque adopted at Baku conference
- 21.07.2017Ambassador: Protraction of Jerusalem problem indicates existence of double standards in int’l policy
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Hungarian ambassador
- 21.07.2017MFA: No Azerbaijani citizens injured in earthquake in Turkey, Greece
- 21.07.2017Russian, Azerbaijani presidents to meet in Sochi – Kremlin
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijan allocates $5M for development of infrastructure in East al-Quds
- 20.07.2017Firudin Hajiyev awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 20.07.2017FM Mammadyarov: OIC – a ‘unique platform’ for Azerbaijan in advancing cooperation with Muslim world
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Tajik ambassador
- 20.07.2017Int’l conference on question of Jerusalem kicks off in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to China
- 19.07.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to open up great opportunities – Azerbaijani FM
- 19.07.2017FM: Turkmenistan intends to expand relations with Azerbaijan, Turkey
- 19.07.2017Ashgabat to host fifth trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs
- 19.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 19.07.2017Ambassador: Czech Republic interested in co-op with Azerbaijan within Eastern Partnership
- 19.07.2017Visegrad Four supports soonest signing of Azerbaijan-EU deal on strategic partnership
- 19.07.2017Czech Senate delegation to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Eastern Partnership countries’ FMs to meet in September
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary in October
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen FMs mull co-op prospects
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs hold meeting in Baku
- 18.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan interested in expanding ties with Turkmenistan in all areas - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Austrian delegation - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Latvia
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "From now on Latvia and Azerbaijan are considered strategic partners"
- 17.07.2017Latvian President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan hopes for positive appellate court decision on VAK
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets speaker of Latvian parliament
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan-Latvia business forum held in Riga
- 17.07.2017Latvian president: Azerbaijan-EU ties to take more concrete form at Eastern Partnership summit
- 17.07.2017Final document on Caspian Sea’s status nearly 80% agreed - Azerbaijani FM
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-EU relations developing successfully
- 16.08.2013Foreign ministers of Azerbaijan, Turkey, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan issue joint statement on Egypt situation
- 16.08.2013Foreign Ministry: “Azerbaijan is attentively following the situation in Egypt”
- 16.08.2013US Ambassador to Azerbaijan delivers lecture entitled “Azerbaijan and America: An Ambassador’s view” in Massachusetts
- 16.08.2013Azerbaijan’s President: “We should make efforts to introduce the Turkic world as the center of tolerance”
- 16.08.2013Turkish President: “Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project will contribute to enhancing trade and relations among the Turkic-speaking states”
- 16.08.2013Azerbaijan hosts Summit of Turkic-Speaking States Cooperation Council - UPDATED - PHOTOSESSION