Iranian lawmaker calls for condemnation of Azerbaijani toddler’s murder by Armenian army
The murder of a toddler by Armenian armed forces in Azerbaijan’s village should be condemned, Nader Qazipour, Iranian MP from the city of Urmia, told APA’s Tehran bureau.
On July 4 at about 20:40 (GMT+4 hours), the Armenian armed forces, using 82-mm and 120-mm mortars and grenade launchers, shelled the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district. As a result of this provocation, the residents of the village Sahiba Allahverdiyeva, 50, and Zahra Guliyeva, 2, were killed. Salminaz Guliyeva, 52, was injured.
He said that over 20,000 people have expressed their support for the campaign launched in Iran to condemn the murder of an Azerbaijani toddler as a result of Armenian shelling and appealed to the country’s Foreign Ministry in this respect.
The lawmaker stressed the need to raise this issue in international organizations.
Iran has always condemned the murder of children in various countries, including Yemen, Syria, Kashmir and others, Qazipour said, adding. “Azerbaijanis are our Muslim brothers and neighbors. We are against any war. We think peace and stability should prevail in the region. We support a peaceful solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict”, he added.
He also called on the Iranian Foreign Ministry to arrange a meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers in Tehran.
Iran launched a campaign condemning the crimes against the 2-year-dol Zahra Guliyeva and civilians as a consequence of the Armenian provocation.
The one-sign campaign was initiated by Yolpress web portal through Telegram program.
Since it was launched, 20,161 people supported the campaign within 72 hours and condemned the Armenian crime.
Yolpress is published in Azerbaijani and Persian and mainly highlights the Eastern and Western Azerbaijani regional news.
Related news releases
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan condemns missile attacks against Saudi Arabia
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Belarus
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 28.12.2017Date set for ministerial conference of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
- 28.12.2017MFA: Azerbaijan pursued independent, multi-vector, balanced foreign policy in 2017
- 27.12.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: "Azerbaijan has become one of the centers of inter-civilization dialogue in the world"
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani president pays working visit to Russia
- 26.12.2017Russian officials congratulate Azerbaijani president on his birthday
- 25.12.2017Turkish PM sends letter to Azerbaijani President
- 14.07.2017VAK liquidation won’t affect Russia-Azerbaijan relations – ambassador
- 14.07.2017Anar Alakbarov: Terrorism is a crime against mankind
- 14.07.2017Iraq hails Azerbaijan’s support in fight against terrorism
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president receives credentials of incoming Turkmen ambassador
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijan appoints honorary consul to Sudan
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards group of diplomats