Iranian lawmaker calls for condemnation of Azerbaijani toddler’s murder by Armenian army
The murder of a toddler by Armenian armed forces in Azerbaijan’s village should be condemned, Nader Qazipour, Iranian MP from the city of Urmia, told APA’s Tehran bureau.
On July 4 at about 20:40 (GMT+4 hours), the Armenian armed forces, using 82-mm and 120-mm mortars and grenade launchers, shelled the Alkhanli village of Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli district. As a result of this provocation, the residents of the village Sahiba Allahverdiyeva, 50, and Zahra Guliyeva, 2, were killed. Salminaz Guliyeva, 52, was injured.
He said that over 20,000 people have expressed their support for the campaign launched in Iran to condemn the murder of an Azerbaijani toddler as a result of Armenian shelling and appealed to the country’s Foreign Ministry in this respect.
The lawmaker stressed the need to raise this issue in international organizations.
Iran has always condemned the murder of children in various countries, including Yemen, Syria, Kashmir and others, Qazipour said, adding. “Azerbaijanis are our Muslim brothers and neighbors. We are against any war. We think peace and stability should prevail in the region. We support a peaceful solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict”, he added.
He also called on the Iranian Foreign Ministry to arrange a meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian foreign ministers in Tehran.
Iran launched a campaign condemning the crimes against the 2-year-dol Zahra Guliyeva and civilians as a consequence of the Armenian provocation.
The one-sign campaign was initiated by Yolpress web portal through Telegram program.
Since it was launched, 20,161 people supported the campaign within 72 hours and condemned the Armenian crime.
Yolpress is published in Azerbaijani and Persian and mainly highlights the Eastern and Western Azerbaijani regional news.
Related news releases
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan has massive influence in int’l arena
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Legal status of Caspian Sea to be discussed in Astana on May 21-24
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 14.07.2017VAK liquidation won’t affect Russia-Azerbaijan relations – ambassador
- 14.07.2017Anar Alakbarov: Terrorism is a crime against mankind
- 14.07.2017Iraq hails Azerbaijan’s support in fight against terrorism
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president receives credentials of incoming Turkmen ambassador
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijan appoints honorary consul to Sudan
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards group of diplomats