Iranian ayatollah raises territorial claims against Azerbaijan
Baku. Shamil Alibeyli – APA. “If I am elected as a president, I will return the lands of Tajikistan, Armenia and Azerbaijan, which were separated from Iran,” said Ayatollah Sayyid Mohammed Bokiri Kherrozi, who is going to run for presidency in June this year, APA reports quoting Iranian websites.
He said the return of the territories separated from Iran will be the major program of his pre-election campaign.
“I will get back these lands without any bloodshed. If I am elected as president, I will eliminate all sanctions imposed on Iran,” he said.
Sayyid Mohammed Bokiri Kherrozi added that he is not so popular, he attributed it to a special tactics.
Sayyid Mohammed Bokiri Kherrozi is secretary general of Hezbollah organization of Iran.
Related news releases
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani president receives Mevlut Cavusoglu
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish, Turkmen energy and foreign ministers may meet in early 2017
- 03.12.2016Turkey says welcomes Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO steps
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs mull Karabakh conflict settlement
- 02.12.2016AmCham prepares recommendations for development of business in Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Russia are good neighbors, continue to be friends
- 02.12.2016Turkish FM en route to Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2016Russia ready to solve regional problems - REPORT FROM KREMLIN - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016Russian deputy FM pays working visit to Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-US energy co-op developing successfully - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina support each other within int’l organizations - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016Peru intends to open embassy in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2016Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina mull co-op prospects - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016FM: Turkey respects Russia’s will to solve Karabakh conflict
- 01.12.2016No consensus on TAP within Bosnia & Herzegovina: FM
- 01.12.2016FM: Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina enjoy high level political relations
- 01.12.2016Azerbaijani deputy FM to attend BSEC Ministerial Council meeting
- 30.11.2016Moscow says Russia-Azerbaijan ties remain stable
- 30.11.2016Italian TV program, known for anti-Azerbaijani propaganda, suspended
- 30.11.2016Bosnia and Herzegovina’s FM due in Azerbaijan
- 30.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Turkish counterpart
- 30.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev responds to questions from Euronews, Russia-24 channels
- 29.11.2016Belarus president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2016Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by South African minister - UPDATED
- 29.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Iran joint projects are of global nature - UPDATED
- 29.11.2016South Africa to open embassy in Azerbaijan
- 29.11.2016Azerbaijan welcomes South Africa’s fair stance on Karabakh conflict
- 29.11.2016Lukashenko: Azerbaijani oil played a big part in winning Great Patriotic War
- 29.11.2016Belarus president pays respect to Azerbaijan’s national leader Heydar Aliyev in Baku
- 29.11.2016Belarus President: "Our relations have a level of strategic partnership"
- 29.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan and Belarus actively support each other in international organizations"
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijan`s first lady Mehriban Aliyeva meets with British Prime Ministerial Trade Envoy
- 28.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev hosted official dinner reception in honor of Belarus President
- 28.11.2016Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko presented with “Heydar Aliyev” Order
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijan and Belarus sign a number of documents on cooperation in various spheres
- 28.11.2016Belarus ready for long-term cooperation with Azerbaijan in oil sector
- 28.11.2016Presidents of Azerbaijan, Belarus meet in expanded format
- 28.11.2016Lukashenko: Azerbaijan can rely on Belarus as closest friend
- 28.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan eager to continue all-round cooperation with Belarus
- 28.11.2016Azerbaijani, Belarusian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 06.02.2013Ambassador Vladimir Dorokhin: “Being sovereign states Russia and Armenia are establishing relations in the manner they consider proper”
- 06.02.2013TEAS Brussels representation sends letter about Armenia’s plan to re-open Khojaly airport, to Jose Manuel Barroso, Catherine Ashton, Jagland ThorbjØrn, and Jean Claude Mignon
- 06.02.2013Russian ambassador: “The trade turnover between Azerbaijan and Russia has reached a record high”
- 06.02.2013Ukraine’s ambassador: “Azerbaijan and Ukraine are preparing to sign 8 interstate agreements”
- 06.02.2013US congressman issues statement at Congress on 20 January
- 06.02.2013Parliamentary Assembly of Bosnia and Herzegovina makes draft resolution on Azerbaijan’s occupied territories