Iranian ambassador visits Nakhchivan
Baku. Malahat Najafova – APA. Iranian Ambassador Javad Jahangirzadeh paid a visit to the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic.
According to the embassy, the ambassador met there with Chairman of the Supreme Assembly of the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic Vasif Talibov. The diplomat pledged to do his utmost to contribute to developing bilateral ties.
He emphasized Nakhchivan’s importance for Azerbaijan as well as Iran, calling the Autonomous Republic “Door opening to Azerbaijan.” The ambassador spoke of his plans and the projects to be carried out in Azerbaijan. He said Vasif Talibov’s visit to Tehran will have a positive impact on mutual relations.
Talibov in his turn expressed hope for bilateral relations to strengthen further during the new ambassador’s diplomatic mission and thanked for the efficient work of Iran’s General Consulate in Nakhchivan. He called Nakhchivan a second home to Iranians.
The ambassador visited the Heydar Aliyev Museum, the Nakhchivan Business Center, the Ordubad Museum of History. He also got acquainted with the area where the Ordubad-Marazad HPP will be constructed. The diplomat met with Nakhchivan’s Minister of Economy Famil Seyidov.
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan condemns missile attacks against Saudi Arabia
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Belarus
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 28.12.2017Date set for ministerial conference of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
- 28.12.2017MFA: Azerbaijan pursued independent, multi-vector, balanced foreign policy in 2017
- 27.12.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: "Azerbaijan has become one of the centers of inter-civilization dialogue in the world"
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani president pays working visit to Russia
- 26.12.2017Russian officials congratulate Azerbaijani president on his birthday
- 25.12.2017Turkish PM sends letter to Azerbaijani President
- 25.12.2017Azerbaijani president to attend informal meeting of CIS Council of Heads of State
- 15.11.2016Azerbaijani FM leaves for Portugal
- 15.11.2016Azerbaijan, EU to begin negotiations on new partnership agreement
- 15.11.2016FM: Promotion of intercultural, interreligious dialogue among priorities of Azerbaijan’s foreign policy
- 14.11.2016Azerbaijan welcomes European Council adopting mandate for talks on new agreement
- 14.11.2016Tehran interested in holding trilateral meeting of Iranian, Russian, Azerbaijani presidents
- 14.11.2016EU to launch negotiations on new agreement with Azerbaijan