Iran, Azerbaijan to negotiate on implementation of latest agreements
Negotiations on the implementation of the latest agreements reached between Iran and Azerbaijan will be held during the visit to Baku of members of the inter-parliamentary friendship group between the two countries, Salman Khodadadi, co-chair of the inter-parliamentary friendship group, told APA’s Tehran bureau.
He said that preparations are underway for the Iranian members of the inter-parliamentary working group to visit Azerbaijan.
"We had a telephone conversation with Vasif Talibov, co-chair of the Azerbaijan-Iran inter-parliamentary friendship group on Monday. The necessity of developing relations was emphasized during the conversation,” Khodadad added.
Khodadadi noted that there is a great potential for the development of relations between the two countries.
"There are no countries other than Azerbaijan and Iran in terms of sharing so many historical, cultural, and religious similarities, as well as of having such great potential for cooperation. Several cities of the two neighboring countries, such as Astara, Bilasuvar and Julfa, bear the same names in Iran and Azerbaijan. Generally there are great opportunities for developing relations between the two countries,” he said.
The group co-chair went on to say that the establishment of fundamental political relations between the two countries is a result of deep economical relations.
“I think that both countries should further expand the economical relations in order to achieve durable political relations. Today, political relations are regulated on the basis of economical interests,” he said.
The Iranian people have always stood by Azerbaijan, Khodadadi emphasized.
“Today, the citizens of the two countries enjoy friendly and fraternal ties,” he said.
Hailing the commissioning of a joint Azerbaijani-Iranian automobile plant in Neftchala, Khodadadi noted that the plant has to satisfy customers by producing qualitative automobiles.
He also said that today Iran has extensive opportunities to serve in Azerbaijan’s medical field, and the production of medications would be another area for the development of relations with Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018PACE investigation body’s corruption report lacks ‘real facts’ – Azerbaijani MP
- 26.04.2018British minister: Ilham Aliyev’s re-election as president will ensure continuation of Azerbaijan’s rapid development
- 26.04.2018Head of Azerbaijani delegation slams corruption report by PACE Independent External Investigation Body
- 26.04.2018Allegations of corruption in PACE: Stefan Schennach objects to mention of his name in report
- 26.04.2018Angela Merkel congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.04.2018Romanian president congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Turkey
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan joint projects are of great economic and political significance
- 25.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan is increasing its military power also at expense of Turkish defense products
- 25.04.2018Turkey is one of world’s powers: Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey ink six documents
- 25.04.2018Erdogan says hopes he will make first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as president after June 24 elections
- 25.04.2018Ankara hosts Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting
- 25.04.2018Israeli envoy visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 25.04.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Ilham Aliyev is important person for region and whole world
- 25.04.2018Meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents kicks off in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani president officially welcomed in Ankara
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Anitkabir in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: No countries in world are as close to each other as Azerbaijan and Turkey
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents dined together
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev Park in Ankara
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey on official visit
- 24.04.2018UN secretary general congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 20.04.2018Baku: Belgian MPs’ acting as supporters of Kaspar Karampetian causes regret
- 20.04.2018Azerbaijani Emergency Situations Ministry hosts meeting with foreign military attaches
- 20.04.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has always stood by Palestinian people - UPDATED
- 04.04.2018Indian FM arrives in Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Jordanian ICT minister
- 04.04.2018Bulgarian NGO issues interim report on upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani law enforcement took active role in investigation into 15 July coup attempt in Turkey: prosecutor general
- 03.04.2018President Aliyev congratulates Sisi on reelection as Egyptian president