Iran, Azerbaijan to negotiate on implementation of latest agreements
Negotiations on the implementation of the latest agreements reached between Iran and Azerbaijan will be held during the visit to Baku of members of the inter-parliamentary friendship group between the two countries, Salman Khodadadi, co-chair of the inter-parliamentary friendship group, told APA’s Tehran bureau.
He said that preparations are underway for the Iranian members of the inter-parliamentary working group to visit Azerbaijan.
"We had a telephone conversation with Vasif Talibov, co-chair of the Azerbaijan-Iran inter-parliamentary friendship group on Monday. The necessity of developing relations was emphasized during the conversation,” Khodadad added.
Khodadadi noted that there is a great potential for the development of relations between the two countries.
"There are no countries other than Azerbaijan and Iran in terms of sharing so many historical, cultural, and religious similarities, as well as of having such great potential for cooperation. Several cities of the two neighboring countries, such as Astara, Bilasuvar and Julfa, bear the same names in Iran and Azerbaijan. Generally there are great opportunities for developing relations between the two countries,” he said.
The group co-chair went on to say that the establishment of fundamental political relations between the two countries is a result of deep economical relations.
“I think that both countries should further expand the economical relations in order to achieve durable political relations. Today, political relations are regulated on the basis of economical interests,” he said.
The Iranian people have always stood by Azerbaijan, Khodadadi emphasized.
“Today, the citizens of the two countries enjoy friendly and fraternal ties,” he said.
Hailing the commissioning of a joint Azerbaijani-Iranian automobile plant in Neftchala, Khodadadi noted that the plant has to satisfy customers by producing qualitative automobiles.
He also said that today Iran has extensive opportunities to serve in Azerbaijan’s medical field, and the production of medications would be another area for the development of relations with Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 21.07.2018“The visit of the Azerbaijani president to France is extremely important from the point of view of ensuring our national interests”
- 21.07.2018Angela Merkel to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev completed France visit
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates King Philippe of Belgium
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents discuss settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 04.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has always stood by Palestinian people - UPDATED
- 04.04.2018Indian FM arrives in Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Jordanian ICT minister
- 04.04.2018Bulgarian NGO issues interim report on upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani law enforcement took active role in investigation into 15 July coup attempt in Turkey: prosecutor general
- 03.04.2018President Aliyev congratulates Sisi on reelection as Egyptian president