Moscow hosts int’l conference on Azerbaijan-Russia relations - UPDATED
Moscow hosted an international conference, titled “The Moscow-Baku Axis: Towards a New Caucasus Geopolitics” on September 14.
Addressing the conference on the Azerbaijani-Russian relations, head of the Centre of Geopolitical Expertise, Aleksandr Dugin said that the event plays an important role in determination of the image of Azerbaijan in Russia and vice-versa, APA’s correspondent in Moscow reports.
Touching on the ways of solution to the Karabakh conflict, the Russian expert said that this conflict impedes strengthening of the cooperation between Moscow and Baku.
Mentioning that Azerbaijan formed a new view in the region, Chair of the Izborsky Club, writer and publicist Alexander Prokhanov stressed the importance of independent foreign policy of Baku for Moscow. According to him, this aspect plays an important role in Azerbaijan-Russia relations.
Chairman of Azerbaijani Parliament's Committee on legal policy and State Building Ali Huseynli spoke about the development of relations between the two countries: “The conference is a rare format. Today Azerbaijani and Russian patriots combine their efforts to fulfill common tasks.”
The Azerbaijani MP noted that cooperation between Moscow and Baku in military-technical sphere serves to strengthening of peace and security in the region.
Leader of the Russian Communist Party Gennady Zyuganov said that Azerbaijan had a great share in gaining victory in the Second World War. “Baku oil has a great role in the victory over fascism,” he added.
Highly appreciating the works of Heydar Aliyev and current President Ilham Aliyev in the development of modern Azerbaijan, the Russian politician noted that today Azerbaijan has become a very important player in the region in the world.
Speaking at the conference, members of the Azerbaijani community of Karabakh - composer Farhad Badalbeyli and MP Rovshan Rzayev complained about the non-settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Strongly criticizing the activities of the OSCE Minsk Group, they emphasized the importance of establishing a dialogue between the communities and assistance of Russian intellectuals in this regard.
Other Russian deputies and senators, political experts and public figures have paid special attention to the political settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh problem, referred to the cultural cooperation between the two countries, the role of the Azerbaijani Diaspora as the co-ordinator between Moscow and Baku, and the issues of dialogue and exchange between the intellectual and patriotic elite of Russia and Azerbaijan.
Deputies of Milli Majlis, Ali Huseynli and Mikhail Zabelin also raised the issue of the forthcoming activity of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress.
The conference was co-organized by Izborsk Club and the Centre for Geopolitical Expertise.
Deputies of the Russian State Duma and Azerbaijani Parliament, well-known social political figures, representatives of scientific and expert circles, as well as diplomats and media representatives from both countries are taking part at the event, an APA correspondent reported from Moscow.
Delivering a keynote speech, Aleksandr Dugin, head of the Centre of Geopolitical Expertise, said that the conference aims to evaluate the current state of relations between Russia and Azerbaijan.
“The event will focus on Russia-Azerbaijan cooperation in the field of strengthening security in the Caucasus. The participants will highlight Azerbaijan's role in contemporary international politics, deepening of the Russian-Azerbaijani relations and joint solutions to the disputed problems in the region,” he said.
The Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict will also be discussed at the conference. Moreover, the issue of cooperation in the cultural sphere, the role of the Azerbaijani diaspora, a coordinating link between the two countries, as well as dialogue and exchange of views between the intellectual and patriotic elite of Russia and Azerbaijan will also be mulled.
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Legal status of Caspian Sea to be discussed in Astana on May 21-24
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: No one will accept such Council of Europe
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to King of Norway
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been interrogated for 3 hours
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: Those who face sanctions in PACE are the ones who support Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: Azerbaijan to continue activity in PACE
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE decision – a manifestation of double standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Jamewstown Foundation president: BTK to carry military cargo, Turkey gives initial consent
- 16.05.2018Final declaration of PABSEC Istanbul summit does not include paragraph on al-Quds
- 16.05.2018PACE committee imposes sanction on Azerbaijani MP Samad Seyidov
- 16.05.2018Russia says concerned over 'dangerous escalation' in Gaza
- 16.05.2018What points does report of Independent Investigation Body on allegations of corruption within PACE highlight? - OPINION
- 16.05.2018Israeli ambassador: Peace will not be attainable as long as Palestinians refuse to recognize Jewish people as a nation - INTERVIEW
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijan names new deputy foreign minister
- 15.05.2018Palestinian ambassador: Trump ‘added fuel to the fire’ - INTERVIEW
- 15.05.2018Ilham Aliyev receives former president of Dutch Senate - UPDATED
- 14.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov met with the EU High Representative
- 14.05.2018President Aliyev congratulates Malaysian PM
- 14.05.2018ACRE staff member asks Baku not to blacklist him for visiting occupied lands
- 13.05.2018Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov departed to Belgium to attend the international conference on the victims of ethnic and religious violence in the Middle East
- 12.05.2018May 28 declared Azerbaijan National Day in Pennsylvania
- 11.05.2018Illegal “charter” signed between France’s Alfortville and Armenian-occupied Lachin city of Azerbaijan annulled
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives PACE co-rapporteurs - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets French Secretary of State to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets Lao president
- 14.09.2017UK hails Azerbaijan’s clear stance on counterterrorism
- 14.09.2017Alan Duncan: British PM intends to meet Azerbaijani president soon
- 14.09.2017UK says new ACG contract will greatly contribute to Azerbaijan’s economy