Moscow hosts int’l conference on Azerbaijan-Russia relations - UPDATED
Moscow hosted an international conference, titled “The Moscow-Baku Axis: Towards a New Caucasus Geopolitics” on September 14.
Addressing the conference on the Azerbaijani-Russian relations, head of the Centre of Geopolitical Expertise, Aleksandr Dugin said that the event plays an important role in determination of the image of Azerbaijan in Russia and vice-versa, APA’s correspondent in Moscow reports.
Touching on the ways of solution to the Karabakh conflict, the Russian expert said that this conflict impedes strengthening of the cooperation between Moscow and Baku.
Mentioning that Azerbaijan formed a new view in the region, Chair of the Izborsky Club, writer and publicist Alexander Prokhanov stressed the importance of independent foreign policy of Baku for Moscow. According to him, this aspect plays an important role in Azerbaijan-Russia relations.
Chairman of Azerbaijani Parliament's Committee on legal policy and State Building Ali Huseynli spoke about the development of relations between the two countries: “The conference is a rare format. Today Azerbaijani and Russian patriots combine their efforts to fulfill common tasks.”
The Azerbaijani MP noted that cooperation between Moscow and Baku in military-technical sphere serves to strengthening of peace and security in the region.
Leader of the Russian Communist Party Gennady Zyuganov said that Azerbaijan had a great share in gaining victory in the Second World War. “Baku oil has a great role in the victory over fascism,” he added.
Highly appreciating the works of Heydar Aliyev and current President Ilham Aliyev in the development of modern Azerbaijan, the Russian politician noted that today Azerbaijan has become a very important player in the region in the world.
Speaking at the conference, members of the Azerbaijani community of Karabakh - composer Farhad Badalbeyli and MP Rovshan Rzayev complained about the non-settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. Strongly criticizing the activities of the OSCE Minsk Group, they emphasized the importance of establishing a dialogue between the communities and assistance of Russian intellectuals in this regard.
Other Russian deputies and senators, political experts and public figures have paid special attention to the political settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh problem, referred to the cultural cooperation between the two countries, the role of the Azerbaijani Diaspora as the co-ordinator between Moscow and Baku, and the issues of dialogue and exchange between the intellectual and patriotic elite of Russia and Azerbaijan.
Deputies of Milli Majlis, Ali Huseynli and Mikhail Zabelin also raised the issue of the forthcoming activity of the All-Russian Azerbaijani Congress.
The conference was co-organized by Izborsk Club and the Centre for Geopolitical Expertise.
Deputies of the Russian State Duma and Azerbaijani Parliament, well-known social political figures, representatives of scientific and expert circles, as well as diplomats and media representatives from both countries are taking part at the event, an APA correspondent reported from Moscow.
Delivering a keynote speech, Aleksandr Dugin, head of the Centre of Geopolitical Expertise, said that the conference aims to evaluate the current state of relations between Russia and Azerbaijan.
“The event will focus on Russia-Azerbaijan cooperation in the field of strengthening security in the Caucasus. The participants will highlight Azerbaijan's role in contemporary international politics, deepening of the Russian-Azerbaijani relations and joint solutions to the disputed problems in the region,” he said.
The Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict will also be discussed at the conference. Moreover, the issue of cooperation in the cultural sphere, the role of the Azerbaijani diaspora, a coordinating link between the two countries, as well as dialogue and exchange of views between the intellectual and patriotic elite of Russia and Azerbaijan will also be mulled.
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing ambassador of Bulgaria
- 14.05.2007Azerbaijan consul general to St Petersburg visits Murmansk
- 14.05.2007Ambassador Vasili Istratov: Russia is ready to consider the issue on transmission of TV channels in Azerbaijan
- 14.05.2007Stepan Volkovetski: Ukraine closely follows reports on newly-found mass graves in Guba
- 14.05.2007Israeli Embassy organizes ambassadors’ visit to Guba
- 14.05.2007German Ambassador to Azerbaijan to visit Sheki
- 09.05.2007Russian Foreign Minister to visit Azerbaijan