Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan joint projects are of great economic and political significance
Azerbaijan and Turkey are implementing large-scale joint projects, said Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev.
“Baku-Tbilisi-Kars, Trans Adriatic Pipeline and Trans Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline are major projects that are being implemented thanks to our joint efforts. We are redrawing Europe’s energy and transport map, which enhances our capacity, strengthens regional cooperation and contributes to regional security,” President Aliyev said a joint press conference with his Turkish counterpart Erdogan in Ankara on April 25, APA reports.
These projects are of great economic and political significance and ensure peace and security, stressed the Azerbaijani president.
President Aliyev pointed to the growing mutual investment between the two countries.
“Azerbaijan invested $14 billion in Turkey, and Turkey’s investment in Azerbaijan amounts to $12 billion. Only fraternal countries invest in each other such large sums,” he said. “The commissioning of TANAP and Star refinery will further enhance our capabilities. The trade turnover between the two countries will increase.”
President Aliyev also touched upon the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
“Turkey has always supported Azerbaijan in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. This solidarity gives us further strength,” he said.
The head of state underlined that the conflict must be resolved in accordance with the norms and principles of international law and on basis of UN Security Council resolutions.
Ilham Aliyev noted that Azerbaijan has always demonstrated solidarity with Turkey in the fight against terrorism.
"I congratulate the fraternal people for their success in Operation Olive Branch. Azerbaijan stood by Turkey on this matter as well,” he said.
The head of state went on to say that next month will mark the 100th anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic and Baku’s liberation from the Armenians with the support of the Islamic Army of the Caucasus.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2018Ogtay Asadov attends events dedicated to centenary of first Georgian republic
- 26.05.2018Emmanuel Macron: France to do its utmost for fair resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2018Italian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Finnish President congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Turkey
- 25.04.2018Romanian president congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 26.04.2018Angela Merkel congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan is increasing its military power also at expense of Turkish defense products
- 25.04.2018Turkey is one of world’s powers: Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future