Ilham Aliyev: Hungary one of closest friends, partners of Azerbaijan - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today accepted credentials of newly appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Hungary Viktor Szederkenyi.
Ambassador Viktor Szederkenyi reviewed a guard of honor.
Viktor Szederkenyi presented his credentials to President Ilham Aliyev.
President Ilham Aliyev then spoke with the ambassador.
President Ilham Aliyev hailed bilateral friendship and cooperation between Azerbaijan and Hungary. Noting that Hungary is a very attractive country for Azerbaijan, the head of state hailed the intensification of reciprocal visits. Praising political ties between the two countries, President Ilham Aliyev stressed the importance of regular meetings with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban in terms of expansion of the bilateral relations. The head of state said that Hungary is one of the closest friends and partners of Azerbaijan not just in Europe, but in the world.
Underlining the significance of expanding economic cooperation between the two countries, President Ilham Aliyev emphasized the necessity of joint efforts to increase trade. The head of state also noted that there are good opportunities for enhancing cooperation in investment, transport, energy, pharmaceutical and agriculture sectors. Saying the cooperation in humanitarian and cultural spheres successfully continues, President Ilham Aliyev pointed out that a number of important cultural events have already been held in both countries, which contributes to the their better knowing each other and to developing friendly relations.
The ambassador extended Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban’s greetings to the head of state, adding that the PM highly appreciates his personal friendship with the Azerbaijani President. Viktor Szederkenyi said that this will shape his activity as the ambassador in developing the bilateral cooperation. The Hungarian diplomat noted that there are very big opportunities for expanding the economic cooperation. The ambassador said: “I am very pleased to be an ambassador in your beautiful country. I am eager to get more knowledge about your country, your people and your culture.”
They stressed the importance of expanding cooperation between Azerbaijan and the European Union in a variety of areas, and preparing a document on Azerbaijan’s partnership with the European Union. The sides exchanged views over cooperation prospects.
The head of state thanked for Viktor Orban’s greetings, and asked Viktor Szederkenyi to communicate his greetings to the Hungarian Prime Minister.
On Sept. 12, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of newly appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Hungary Viktor Szederkenyi.
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit gets underway in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Alan Duncan: BTK and SGC projects – visible signs of extraordinary co-op between UK and Azerbaijan over past 25 years
- 24.11.2017EaP countries’ leaders officially welcomed in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit to set new goals for future partnership – EU envoy
- 24.11.2017Brussels to host Eastern Partnership summit
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev invites NATO Sec-Gen to Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2017NATO calls on Azerbaijan to step up security sector reform
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will continue partnership with NATO to provide stability in region
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Benelux countries agree on visa exemption for service passport holders
- 23.11.2017EU hopes talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan will be finalized next year
- 23.11.2017CMO chairman expresses support for Russia’s anti-ISIL operations
- 23.11.2017EU commissioner: ‘BTK project is in our interest’
- 23.11.2017Johannes Hahn: Eastern Partnership Declaration to be signed tomorrow
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Japan hold political consultations
- 23.11.2017EU says aviation agreement with Azerbaijan will definitely enhance co-op in this sector
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani president attends NATO's North Atlantic Council meeting
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev, NATO Sec-Gen Stoltenberg make press statements
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president says he’s confident new agreement with EU will be signed soon - UPDATED
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Turkey
- 12.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev recalls head of Azerbaijani mission to NATO
- 12.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives new Tajik ambassador
- 12.09.2017Dutch ambassador comments on decisions about Mehman Aliyev, Alexander Lapshin
- 12.09.2017EU, Azerbaijan hold discussions on close partnership, says Dutch ambassador