Ilham Aliyev: Hungary one of closest friends, partners of Azerbaijan - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today accepted credentials of newly appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Hungary Viktor Szederkenyi.
Ambassador Viktor Szederkenyi reviewed a guard of honor.
Viktor Szederkenyi presented his credentials to President Ilham Aliyev.
President Ilham Aliyev then spoke with the ambassador.
President Ilham Aliyev hailed bilateral friendship and cooperation between Azerbaijan and Hungary. Noting that Hungary is a very attractive country for Azerbaijan, the head of state hailed the intensification of reciprocal visits. Praising political ties between the two countries, President Ilham Aliyev stressed the importance of regular meetings with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban in terms of expansion of the bilateral relations. The head of state said that Hungary is one of the closest friends and partners of Azerbaijan not just in Europe, but in the world.
Underlining the significance of expanding economic cooperation between the two countries, President Ilham Aliyev emphasized the necessity of joint efforts to increase trade. The head of state also noted that there are good opportunities for enhancing cooperation in investment, transport, energy, pharmaceutical and agriculture sectors. Saying the cooperation in humanitarian and cultural spheres successfully continues, President Ilham Aliyev pointed out that a number of important cultural events have already been held in both countries, which contributes to the their better knowing each other and to developing friendly relations.
The ambassador extended Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban’s greetings to the head of state, adding that the PM highly appreciates his personal friendship with the Azerbaijani President. Viktor Szederkenyi said that this will shape his activity as the ambassador in developing the bilateral cooperation. The Hungarian diplomat noted that there are very big opportunities for expanding the economic cooperation. The ambassador said: “I am very pleased to be an ambassador in your beautiful country. I am eager to get more knowledge about your country, your people and your culture.”
They stressed the importance of expanding cooperation between Azerbaijan and the European Union in a variety of areas, and preparing a document on Azerbaijan’s partnership with the European Union. The sides exchanged views over cooperation prospects.
The head of state thanked for Viktor Orban’s greetings, and asked Viktor Szederkenyi to communicate his greetings to the Hungarian Prime Minister.
On Sept. 12, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of newly appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Hungary Viktor Szederkenyi.
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president says he’s confident new agreement with EU will be signed soon - UPDATED
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Turkey
- 12.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev recalls head of Azerbaijani mission to NATO
- 12.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives new Tajik ambassador
- 12.09.2017Dutch ambassador comments on decisions about Mehman Aliyev, Alexander Lapshin
- 12.09.2017EU, Azerbaijan hold discussions on close partnership, says Dutch ambassador