Ilham Aliyev: Hungary one of closest friends, partners of Azerbaijan - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today accepted credentials of newly appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Hungary Viktor Szederkenyi.
Ambassador Viktor Szederkenyi reviewed a guard of honor.
Viktor Szederkenyi presented his credentials to President Ilham Aliyev.
President Ilham Aliyev then spoke with the ambassador.
President Ilham Aliyev hailed bilateral friendship and cooperation between Azerbaijan and Hungary. Noting that Hungary is a very attractive country for Azerbaijan, the head of state hailed the intensification of reciprocal visits. Praising political ties between the two countries, President Ilham Aliyev stressed the importance of regular meetings with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban in terms of expansion of the bilateral relations. The head of state said that Hungary is one of the closest friends and partners of Azerbaijan not just in Europe, but in the world.
Underlining the significance of expanding economic cooperation between the two countries, President Ilham Aliyev emphasized the necessity of joint efforts to increase trade. The head of state also noted that there are good opportunities for enhancing cooperation in investment, transport, energy, pharmaceutical and agriculture sectors. Saying the cooperation in humanitarian and cultural spheres successfully continues, President Ilham Aliyev pointed out that a number of important cultural events have already been held in both countries, which contributes to the their better knowing each other and to developing friendly relations.
The ambassador extended Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban’s greetings to the head of state, adding that the PM highly appreciates his personal friendship with the Azerbaijani President. Viktor Szederkenyi said that this will shape his activity as the ambassador in developing the bilateral cooperation. The Hungarian diplomat noted that there are very big opportunities for expanding the economic cooperation. The ambassador said: “I am very pleased to be an ambassador in your beautiful country. I am eager to get more knowledge about your country, your people and your culture.”
They stressed the importance of expanding cooperation between Azerbaijan and the European Union in a variety of areas, and preparing a document on Azerbaijan’s partnership with the European Union. The sides exchanged views over cooperation prospects.
The head of state thanked for Viktor Orban’s greetings, and asked Viktor Szederkenyi to communicate his greetings to the Hungarian Prime Minister.
On Sept. 12, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of newly appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Hungary Viktor Szederkenyi.
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani President attends state banquet at UN headquarters
- 20.09.2017Benjamin Netanyahu: “Israel expanded corporation with Azerbaijan" - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017China, Azerbaijan consider education a priority area – ambassador
- 19.09.2017PACE co-rapporteurs make statement following their visit to Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with representatives of American Jewish organizations in New York
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Foundation for Ethnic Understanding in New York
- 17.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in the United States for visit
- 15.09.2017First Vice President Mehriban Aliyeva meets with French Minister of State attached to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Mexican counterpart
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan checking if its citizens among London underground attack victims
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets Lao president
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets French Secretary of State to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives PACE co-rapporteurs - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017Moscow hosts int’l conference on Azerbaijan-Russia relations - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017UK hails Azerbaijan’s clear stance on counterterrorism
- 14.09.2017Alan Duncan: British PM intends to meet Azerbaijani president soon
- 14.09.2017UK says new ACG contract will greatly contribute to Azerbaijan’s economy
- 14.09.2017Russia’s ruling party welcomes creation of ‘Moscow-Baku axis’
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits Israel’s leading defense industry enterprises
- 14.09.2017US companies continue support for Azerbaijan’s key role in global energy security
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani president meets with Turkish energy minister
- 14.09.2017Ambassador Cekuta: US-Azerbaijan co-op covers three equally important areas
- 14.09.2017PACE PA co-rapporteurs arrive in Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Switzerland
- 13.09.2017Japanese PM sends letter to Azerbaijani president on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations between two countries
- 13.09.2017UK minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Vietnam will benefit from North-South transport corridor
- 13.09.2017No date set for Erdogan’s visit to Azerbaijan – ambassador
- 13.09.2017Lotfi Zadeh’s body to be sent to Azerbaijan in coming days – consul general
- 11.09.2017Nghiem Vu Khai and Nguyen Vu Ha Len awarded Taraggi Medal of Azerbaijan
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani FM receives new EU delegation head
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Vietnam, Lao PDR
- 11.09.2017Israeli ambassador positively assesses pardon of Alexander Lapshin
- 11.09.2017Itinerary of PACE co-rapporteurs’ Azerbaijan visit made public
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani FM receives Spain’s new charge d’affaires
- 11.09.2017Tehran: Summit of Iranian, Azerbaijani, Russian presidents to focus on discussion of regional, int’l issues
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by secretary of Vietnam Communist Party
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan, S. Korea mark 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 10.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani in Astana - UPDATED
- 10.09.2017Azerbaijani President: We resolutely condemn massacre and mass violence against Muslims in Myanmar
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president says he’s confident new agreement with EU will be signed soon - UPDATED
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Turkey
- 12.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev recalls head of Azerbaijani mission to NATO
- 12.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives new Tajik ambassador
- 12.09.2017Dutch ambassador comments on decisions about Mehman Aliyev, Alexander Lapshin
- 12.09.2017EU, Azerbaijan hold discussions on close partnership, says Dutch ambassador