Ilham Aliyev: Hungary one of closest friends, partners of Azerbaijan - UPDATED
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has today accepted credentials of newly appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Hungary Viktor Szederkenyi.
Ambassador Viktor Szederkenyi reviewed a guard of honor.
Viktor Szederkenyi presented his credentials to President Ilham Aliyev.
President Ilham Aliyev then spoke with the ambassador.
President Ilham Aliyev hailed bilateral friendship and cooperation between Azerbaijan and Hungary. Noting that Hungary is a very attractive country for Azerbaijan, the head of state hailed the intensification of reciprocal visits. Praising political ties between the two countries, President Ilham Aliyev stressed the importance of regular meetings with Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban in terms of expansion of the bilateral relations. The head of state said that Hungary is one of the closest friends and partners of Azerbaijan not just in Europe, but in the world.
Underlining the significance of expanding economic cooperation between the two countries, President Ilham Aliyev emphasized the necessity of joint efforts to increase trade. The head of state also noted that there are good opportunities for enhancing cooperation in investment, transport, energy, pharmaceutical and agriculture sectors. Saying the cooperation in humanitarian and cultural spheres successfully continues, President Ilham Aliyev pointed out that a number of important cultural events have already been held in both countries, which contributes to the their better knowing each other and to developing friendly relations.
The ambassador extended Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban’s greetings to the head of state, adding that the PM highly appreciates his personal friendship with the Azerbaijani President. Viktor Szederkenyi said that this will shape his activity as the ambassador in developing the bilateral cooperation. The Hungarian diplomat noted that there are very big opportunities for expanding the economic cooperation. The ambassador said: “I am very pleased to be an ambassador in your beautiful country. I am eager to get more knowledge about your country, your people and your culture.”
They stressed the importance of expanding cooperation between Azerbaijan and the European Union in a variety of areas, and preparing a document on Azerbaijan’s partnership with the European Union. The sides exchanged views over cooperation prospects.
The head of state thanked for Viktor Orban’s greetings, and asked Viktor Szederkenyi to communicate his greetings to the Hungarian Prime Minister.
On Sept. 12, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of newly appointed Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Hungary Viktor Szederkenyi.
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president says he’s confident new agreement with EU will be signed soon - UPDATED
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Turkey
- 12.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev recalls head of Azerbaijani mission to NATO
- 12.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives new Tajik ambassador
- 12.09.2017Dutch ambassador comments on decisions about Mehman Aliyev, Alexander Lapshin
- 12.09.2017EU, Azerbaijan hold discussions on close partnership, says Dutch ambassador