Ilham Aliyev congratulates France’s President-elect Macron
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has congratulated Emmanuel Macron on his election as French president.
“I extend my heartfelt congratulations to you on the occasion of your victory in the presidential election in the French Republic. Your victory in the election testifies to the friendly French people's confidence in and support for your line of innovation,” President Aliyev told Macron in his congratulatory letter.
“I attach great importance to the bilateral and multuilateral relations between Azerbaijan and France. The high-level reciprocal visits, expansion of beneficial cooperation in a variety of fields and multifaceted cultural relations are features characterizing Azerbaijan-France diplomatic relations, whose history spans 25 years. I believe that through our joint efforts, friendship and cooperation between our two countries will further develop and enhance in the best interests of our nations,” said the Azerbaijani president.
“France is as well a co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group which deals with the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the region's most painful problem. An ethnic cleansing policy has been carried out in our historical lands, including Nagorno-Karabakh and seven adjacent regions, which were occupied as a result of the military aggression of the Armenian armed forces, and more than a million of Azerbaijanis became refugees and internally displaced persons,” President Aliyev noted in his letter.
“Armenia ignores the UN Security Council’s four conflict-related resolutions as well as relevant decisions and resolutions of the UN General Assembly, OSCE, NATO, European Parliament, PACE, Non-Aligned Movement, OIC and other influential international organizations. France, like other co-chairs, considers the current status-quo unacceptable. I attach particular importance to France’s efforts and hope that they will finally contribute to a fair settlement of the conflict. Azerbaijan's stance is that the conflict must be solved only in compliance with the norms of international law and within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity,” said the president.
“Once again, I extend my sincere congratulations to you, and wish you robust health, happiness and success in your future activities for the prosperity of the friendly people of France,” added the Azerbaijani president.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2017Firudin Hajiyev awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 20.07.2017FM Mammadyarov: OIC – a ‘unique platform’ for Azerbaijan in advancing cooperation with Muslim world
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Tajik ambassador
- 20.07.2017Int’l conference on question of Jerusalem kicks off in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to China
- 19.07.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to open up great opportunities – Azerbaijani FM
- 19.07.2017FM: Turkmenistan intends to expand relations with Azerbaijan, Turkey
- 19.07.2017Ashgabat to host fifth trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs
- 19.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 19.07.2017Ambassador: Czech Republic interested in co-op with Azerbaijan within Eastern Partnership
- 19.07.2017Visegrad Four supports soonest signing of Azerbaijan-EU deal on strategic partnership
- 19.07.2017Czech Senate delegation to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Eastern Partnership countries’ FMs to meet in September
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary in October
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen FMs mull co-op prospects
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs hold meeting in Baku
- 18.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan interested in expanding ties with Turkmenistan in all areas - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Austrian delegation - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Latvia
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "From now on Latvia and Azerbaijan are considered strategic partners"
- 17.07.2017Latvian President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan hopes for positive appellate court decision on VAK
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets speaker of Latvian parliament
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan-Latvia business forum held in Riga
- 17.07.2017Latvian president: Azerbaijan-EU ties to take more concrete form at Eastern Partnership summit
- 17.07.2017Final document on Caspian Sea’s status nearly 80% agreed - Azerbaijani FM
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-EU relations developing successfully
- 17.07.2017President Vejonis: Latvia will continue to support Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - UPDATED
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Freedom Monument in Latvia
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan, Latvia sign joint declaration on strategic partnership
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Latvian presidents make press statements
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Latvian presidents hold one-on-one meeting in Riga
- 16.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Latvia for official visit
- 15.07.2017Alexei Venediktov: Russia-Azerbaijan relations should be cleared of ‘random mines’
- 15.07.2017Turkish ambassador: Ilham Aliyev was one of the first heads of state to telephone Erdogan during 15 July coup attempt
- 15.07.2017Allahshukur Pashazade: Fetullah isn’t on his own, he has backers
- 14.07.2017Turkish deputy PM: Killing of 2-year-old Zahra is ‘international crime’
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani president sends letter to Turkish counterpart
- 08.05.2017Putin sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 08.05.2017Azerbaijan says propaganda and glorification of fascism has become Armenia’s state policy
- 08.05.2017Jordanian parliament speaker due in Azerbaijan
- 06.05.2017Polad Bulbuloglu: Today, UNESCO needs a resolute person who can offer new ideas
- 06.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets delegation led by Turkish minister
- 06.05.2017Baku comments on closure of OSCE Yerevan office