Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani companies willing to operate as contractors, investors in Afghanistan
As a friendly and partner country, Azerbaijan is proud to be standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Afghanistan on the path of development, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said in a statement to the press following his meeting with Afghan counterpart Mohammad Ashraf Ghani in Baku, APA reported.
“Looking back on the history of bilateral diplomatic relations, our cooperation is at the highest level now. We’re good partners and friends,” said the Azerbaijani president.
Azerbaijan and Afghanistan support each other in international organizations, stressed President Aliyev.
“We are grateful to Afghanistan for its fair position on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict in accordance with the norms of international law,” said the president. “Azerbaijan, in its turn, supports Afghanistan in all international organizations. We are a member of the Resolve Support Mission. We provide multimodal transit and use of our airspace. We have decided to increase the number of our servicemen serving in Afghanistan and thus contribute to stability, peace and development in Afghanistan.”
The head of state noted that stability can only be achieved through economic and social development.
President Aliyev pointed out that Azerbaijan and Afghanistan are the participants of large-scale transport projects.
“At the Hear of Asia – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference, we both touched upon the Lapis Lazuli transport project which is of great importance for all participant countries,” he said.
The president mentioned that Azerbaijan has successfully implemented the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project together with its neighbors and partners.
Ilham Aliyev said that Azerbaijani companies are willing to operate as contractors and investors in Afghanistan.
“They are ready for it. We have relevant experience, and we want to be useful to our Afghan brothers,” he added.
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 13.12.2017‘Jerusalem has not been abandoned,’ Erdogan says
- 13.12.2017OIC member states recognize E. Jerusalem as Palestine’s capital
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: U.S. should reconsider its decision on Jerusalem
- 13.12.2017U.S. provides over $30.8 million for mine and UXO clearance in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Mahmoud Abbas rules out U.S. mediator role in Palestine-Israel peace process
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as ‘occupied capital of Palestine’
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel an ‘occupying and terror state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan supports peaceful settlement of Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Foreign Ministry
- 06.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan expands partnership with Russia in technology sector
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM: Int’l rules can be applied regarding controversial deposits in Caspian Sea
- 06.12.2017Draft Convention on Caspian status includes preservation of military balance: Azerbaijani MFA
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM reveals Caspian division principles
- 01.12.2017Baku Declaration of 7th Heart of Asia - Istanbul Process Ministerial reaffirms commitments to principle of territorial integrity - UPDATED
- 04.12.2017EU special representative for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 04.12.2017Attention to Eastern Partnership program is ‘decreasing’: Azerbaijani MP
- 01.12.2017Ashraf Ghani: Afghanistan always ready to support Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan capable of playing larger role in making region more peaceful – U.S. envoy
- 01.12.2017Baku Declaration adopted at Heart of Asia - Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference