Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani companies willing to operate as contractors, investors in Afghanistan
As a friendly and partner country, Azerbaijan is proud to be standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Afghanistan on the path of development, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said in a statement to the press following his meeting with Afghan counterpart Mohammad Ashraf Ghani in Baku, APA reported.
“Looking back on the history of bilateral diplomatic relations, our cooperation is at the highest level now. We’re good partners and friends,” said the Azerbaijani president.
Azerbaijan and Afghanistan support each other in international organizations, stressed President Aliyev.
“We are grateful to Afghanistan for its fair position on the settlement of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict in accordance with the norms of international law,” said the president. “Azerbaijan, in its turn, supports Afghanistan in all international organizations. We are a member of the Resolve Support Mission. We provide multimodal transit and use of our airspace. We have decided to increase the number of our servicemen serving in Afghanistan and thus contribute to stability, peace and development in Afghanistan.”
The head of state noted that stability can only be achieved through economic and social development.
President Aliyev pointed out that Azerbaijan and Afghanistan are the participants of large-scale transport projects.
“At the Hear of Asia – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference, we both touched upon the Lapis Lazuli transport project which is of great importance for all participant countries,” he said.
The president mentioned that Azerbaijan has successfully implemented the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project together with its neighbors and partners.
Ilham Aliyev said that Azerbaijani companies are willing to operate as contractors and investors in Afghanistan.
“They are ready for it. We have relevant experience, and we want to be useful to our Afghan brothers,” he added.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Baku Declaration of 7th Heart of Asia - Istanbul Process Ministerial reaffirms commitments to principle of territorial integrity - UPDATED
- 04.12.2017EU special representative for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 04.12.2017Attention to Eastern Partnership program is ‘decreasing’: Azerbaijani MP
- 01.12.2017Ashraf Ghani: Afghanistan always ready to support Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan capable of playing larger role in making region more peaceful – U.S. envoy
- 01.12.2017Baku Declaration adopted at Heart of Asia - Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference