Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan-Turkey cooperation is of great importance for Eurasia
President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev then had a meeting with Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim.
The Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) project will strengthen the relations between Azerbaijan and Turkey, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said at a meeting with Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim, who is on an official visit to Baku, on March 14.
The head of state noted that the Azerbaijani-Turkish relations of friendship and brotherhood will further develop successfully.
"We are friends, brothers, we stand by each other in all issues, we support each other. This is the case today, and should always be such way. We are bound by very deep relations. We cooperate at a very high level in the political, economic, and all other spheres. Political ties are at the highest level. There are good results in the economic sphere. Trade turnover increased last year. Mutual investments are being made. Turkey invested in Azerbaijan, and Azerbaijan invested over $10 billion in Turkey," the head of state noted.
President Ilham Aliyev stressed that investment making is underway and will reach much greater indicators.
"This year we will jointly mark the commissioning of the TANAP project. This is a historic project that is completing successfully. It will strengthen the relations of our countries and, at the same time, open up new opportunities for the countries using this project. Last year, we solemnly marked the opening of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway. Today, the route is already successfully operating. After Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan, TANAP is our third historic project; our countries jointly implemented this project. That is, our cooperation has very good results in all spheres. These results are very important for our peoples, our countries and are of great importance for Eurasia," President Aliyev underlined.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey says quadrilateral co-op format with Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia to contribute to peace and stability
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs hail new format of quadrilateral cooperation
- 15.03.2018Baku Declaration adopted at meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs
- 15.03.2018Deputy PM: TAP is an important project for Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan sets an example of tolerance to the world
- 15.03.2018OSCE/ODIHR observation mission begins work in Azerbaijan amid upcoming election
- 15.03.2018Nagorno-Karabakh issue is a bleeding wound for Azerbaijan – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Binali Yildirim: No one believed in implementation of Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project - EXCLUSIVE - INTERVIEW
- 14.03.2018Georgian FM to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 14.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives co-chairs of Nizami Ganjavi International Center