Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has very positive reputation on international arena
Azerbaijan is a country that enjoys great respect and a very positive reputation on the international arena, said Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks addressing a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers dedicated to results of socio-economic development in nine months of 2017 and objectives for the future on October 9.
“This year our position on a global scale has become even stronger. We have multifaceted foreign relations. We have built mutually beneficial and equal relations with all countries,” he said.
President Aliyev stressed that today Azerbaijan is known worldwide as a reliable partner, a worthy state.
“We also conduct an open, independent foreign policy, which is welcomed by the international community,” he said.
The head of state said that he made 14 visits to foreign countries in the first nine months of 2017.
“Further visits are planned in the upcoming months as well,” the president said. “The speeches I made during foreign visits and international events reflect Azerbaijan’s policy, our achievements, and once again bring to the international community the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.”
He added that heads of more than ten states and governments have visited Azerbaijan since the beginning of 2017, and new visits are expected by the late year.
“Thus, our international relations are multifaceted. Our foreign policy ensures our national interests. I’d like to emphasize once again that Azerbaijan is a country that enjoys great respect and a very positive reputation on the international arena,” Ilham Aliyev said concluding his speech.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Moldovan president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018U.S. aims to help Azerbaijan become a strong, prosperous state: Ambassador Cekuta
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 09.10.2017Date of Erdogan’s visit to Azerbaijan revealed
- 10.10.2017Azerbaijan says new deal with EU creates important framework for comprehensive development of ties
- 10.10.2017Kurdistan referendum was a wrong step: Iraqi diplomat
- 09.10.2017Azerbaijani delegation head voices pessimism about future of PACE
- 09.10.2017Agenda revealed of Sochi meeting of CIS Foreign Ministers Council
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Projects involving Azerbaijan are of global nature