Ilham Aliyev: Although far apart, Azerbaijan and Australia can establish new co-op areas
Despite the fact that Azerbaijan and Australia are far from each other, it is possible to establish new cooperation areas by using a large port network, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev said at the meeting where he accepted the credentials of the newly appointed ambassador of Australia Marc Innes-Brown, APA reported.
President Ilham Aliyev underlined the importance of mutual visits of parliamentarians, ministers, and delegations at other levels.
Touching upon the economic cooperation, the head of state stressed the need for determining the format of economic cooperation to boost mutual trade.
President Ilham Aliyev noted there are good opportunities for developing cooperation in tourism.
The Azerbaijani president expressed hope that Marc Innes-Brown will contribute to the development of relations between the two countries during his tenure.
In turn, the Australian ambassador said he was proud to present to the Azerbaijani president his credentials on the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
He noted that Australia is keen to expand relations with Azerbaijan.
“Australia has always supported Azerbaijan. We support your sovereignty and territorial integrity, as well as your stance in connection with the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict,” added the ambassador.
The diplomat underscored the need for expanding cooperation between the two countries in the trade and investment spheres.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018Azerbaijani President meets with UK Prime Minister
- 26.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with British MPs
- 26.04.2018Conference on future of Turkey-Russia relations kicks off in Antalya
- 26.04.2018PACE investigation body’s corruption report lacks ‘real facts’ – Azerbaijani MP
- 26.04.2018British minister: Ilham Aliyev’s re-election as president will ensure continuation of Azerbaijan’s rapid development
- 26.04.2018Head of Azerbaijani delegation slams corruption report by PACE Independent External Investigation Body
- 26.04.2018Allegations of corruption in PACE: Stefan Schennach objects to mention of his name in report
- 26.04.2018Angela Merkel congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.04.2018Romanian president congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Turkey
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan joint projects are of great economic and political significance
- 25.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan is increasing its military power also at expense of Turkish defense products
- 25.04.2018Turkey is one of world’s powers: Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey ink six documents
- 25.04.2018Erdogan says hopes he will make first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as president after June 24 elections
- 25.04.2018Ankara hosts Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting
- 25.04.2018Israeli envoy visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 25.04.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Ilham Aliyev is important person for region and whole world
- 25.04.2018Meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents kicks off in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani president officially welcomed in Ankara
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Anitkabir in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: No countries in world are as close to each other as Azerbaijan and Turkey
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents dined together
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev Park in Ankara
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey on official visit
- 24.04.2018UN secretary general congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijan supports territorial integrity of Spain – Foreign Ministry
- 28.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, strategic partnership, alliance will continue to strengthen
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents to outline future plans in Baku – ambassador
- 27.10.2017Several bilateral documents to be signed during Erdogan’s visit to Azerbaijan
- 27.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Australian, Guatemalan ambassadors
- 27.10.2017Russia says relations with Azerbaijan are developing through regions