Ilham Aliyev: Although far apart, Azerbaijan and Australia can establish new co-op areas
Despite the fact that Azerbaijan and Australia are far from each other, it is possible to establish new cooperation areas by using a large port network, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev said at the meeting where he accepted the credentials of the newly appointed ambassador of Australia Marc Innes-Brown, APA reported.
President Ilham Aliyev underlined the importance of mutual visits of parliamentarians, ministers, and delegations at other levels.
Touching upon the economic cooperation, the head of state stressed the need for determining the format of economic cooperation to boost mutual trade.
President Ilham Aliyev noted there are good opportunities for developing cooperation in tourism.
The Azerbaijani president expressed hope that Marc Innes-Brown will contribute to the development of relations between the two countries during his tenure.
In turn, the Australian ambassador said he was proud to present to the Azerbaijani president his credentials on the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
He noted that Australia is keen to expand relations with Azerbaijan.
“Australia has always supported Azerbaijan. We support your sovereignty and territorial integrity, as well as your stance in connection with the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict,” added the ambassador.
The diplomat underscored the need for expanding cooperation between the two countries in the trade and investment spheres.
Related news releases
- 22.01.2018PACE winter session kicks off today
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 28.10.2017Azerbaijan supports territorial integrity of Spain – Foreign Ministry
- 28.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, strategic partnership, alliance will continue to strengthen
- 30.10.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents to outline future plans in Baku – ambassador
- 27.10.2017Several bilateral documents to be signed during Erdogan’s visit to Azerbaijan
- 27.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Australian, Guatemalan ambassadors
- 27.10.2017Russia says relations with Azerbaijan are developing through regions