Head of Azerbaijani delegation slams corruption report by PACE Independent External Investigation Body
Head of the Azerbaijani delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) Samad Seyidov said he is proud to represent Azerbaijan, stressing that any attempt to discredit the country is in itself corruption.
Addressing debated on the corruption report by PACE’s Independent External Investigation Body, Seyidov said that the demonstration of such an attitude towards Azerbaijan raises a question.
“About a month ago you applauded Serzh Sargsyan in this hall. However, two days ago he was removed from power in Armenia for corruption. Where are those who presented him here as a democrat?” the Azerbaijani MP said.
He noted that Azerbaijan is in a state of war with Armenia.
“Part of our territories was occupied, we have nearly one million internally displaced people. We joined the organization [PACE] to see the rule of law. However, we observe here a new international law. My name is also included in the corruption report, however, the investigation body stated that I have nothing to do with corruption. I can not understand why my name is on this report. This is an unfair report. We will fight for our name, and we will win. Years ago, I said that this is our Council of Europe. Now I say that this is your Council of Europe. I do not want to work in such Council of Europe,” Seyidov added.
PACE’s Independent External Investigation Body earlier released its report on corruption facts within the Assembly.
The report includes the names of Head of Azerbaijan's delegation to PACE Samad Seyidov, co-rapporteurs Stefan Schennach, Cezar Florin Preda, former PACE president Pedro Agramunt, Spanish parliamentarian Jordi Xucla, etc.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2018Ogtay Asadov attends events dedicated to centenary of first Georgian republic
- 26.05.2018Emmanuel Macron: France to do its utmost for fair resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2018Italian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Finnish President congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 26.04.2018British minister: Ilham Aliyev’s re-election as president will ensure continuation of Azerbaijan’s rapid development
- 26.04.2018PACE investigation body’s corruption report lacks ‘real facts’ – Azerbaijani MP
- 26.04.2018Conference on future of Turkey-Russia relations kicks off in Antalya
- 26.04.2018Allegations of corruption in PACE: Stefan Schennach objects to mention of his name in report
- 26.04.2018Angela Merkel congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.04.2018Romanian president congratulates Azerbaijani president