Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
Georgian President Giorgi Margvelashvili has congratulated Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev on the 25th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
“I’m pleased to note that cultural and historical ties between our countries have always been strong. Sincerely, I would like to state with great pleasure that we have over the past period witnessed the development of our partnership, which relies on friendship,” the Georgian leader said in his congratulatory letter.
President Margvelashvili noted that Georgia highly appreciates friendship and fruitful cooperation with Azerbaijan, which is a reliable partner.
The Georgian president expressed confidence that close partnership between the two countries will strengthen in the coming years with remarkable achievements in various fields.
“Taking this remarkable opportunity, I would like to express my gratitude for your continued support for Georgia's sovereignty and territorial integrity. Your Excellency, I ask you to accept my highest esteem and wishes of peace, stability and prosperity for the friendly people of Azerbaijan,” Margvelashvili said in his letter.
Georgia’s Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili also congratulated President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev on the 25th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
Georgia and Azerbaijan enjoy strong friendship based on kind neighborhood, mutual respect and understanding, Kvirikashvili said in his congratulatory letter.
“I’m very pleased to note that effective and intensive cooperation has played an important role in diversification of bilateral ties over the past period,” said the Georgian PM. “Your Excellency, I ask you to accept my highest esteem and wishes of peace and prosperity for the friendly people of Azerbaijan.”
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 12.04.2014Draft resolution on so-called “Armenian genocide” not included in agenda of Senate
- 14.04.2014US ambassador to Azerbaijan visits Ganja
- 14.04.2014Israeli FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 11.04.2014Ilham Aliyev appoints Christian Balza as Azerbaijan’s Honorary Consul to Malta
- 11.04.2014Ahmad Davudoglu: “Turkey does everything possible for liberation of Azerbaijan’s occupied territories”
- 11.04.2014Yashar Aliyev appointed as permanent representative of Azerbaijan to the UN