Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
Georgian President Giorgi Margvelashvili has congratulated Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev on the 25th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
“I’m pleased to note that cultural and historical ties between our countries have always been strong. Sincerely, I would like to state with great pleasure that we have over the past period witnessed the development of our partnership, which relies on friendship,” the Georgian leader said in his congratulatory letter.
President Margvelashvili noted that Georgia highly appreciates friendship and fruitful cooperation with Azerbaijan, which is a reliable partner.
The Georgian president expressed confidence that close partnership between the two countries will strengthen in the coming years with remarkable achievements in various fields.
“Taking this remarkable opportunity, I would like to express my gratitude for your continued support for Georgia's sovereignty and territorial integrity. Your Excellency, I ask you to accept my highest esteem and wishes of peace, stability and prosperity for the friendly people of Azerbaijan,” Margvelashvili said in his letter.
Georgia’s Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili also congratulated President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev on the 25th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
Georgia and Azerbaijan enjoy strong friendship based on kind neighborhood, mutual respect and understanding, Kvirikashvili said in his congratulatory letter.
“I’m very pleased to note that effective and intensive cooperation has played an important role in diversification of bilateral ties over the past period,” said the Georgian PM. “Your Excellency, I ask you to accept my highest esteem and wishes of peace and prosperity for the friendly people of Azerbaijan.”
Related news releases
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev, NATO Sec-Gen Stoltenberg make press statements
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani president attends NATO's North Atlantic Council meeting
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism