Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
Georgian President Giorgi Margvelashvili has congratulated Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev on the 25th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
“I’m pleased to note that cultural and historical ties between our countries have always been strong. Sincerely, I would like to state with great pleasure that we have over the past period witnessed the development of our partnership, which relies on friendship,” the Georgian leader said in his congratulatory letter.
President Margvelashvili noted that Georgia highly appreciates friendship and fruitful cooperation with Azerbaijan, which is a reliable partner.
The Georgian president expressed confidence that close partnership between the two countries will strengthen in the coming years with remarkable achievements in various fields.
“Taking this remarkable opportunity, I would like to express my gratitude for your continued support for Georgia's sovereignty and territorial integrity. Your Excellency, I ask you to accept my highest esteem and wishes of peace, stability and prosperity for the friendly people of Azerbaijan,” Margvelashvili said in his letter.
Georgia’s Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili also congratulated President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev on the 25th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
Georgia and Azerbaijan enjoy strong friendship based on kind neighborhood, mutual respect and understanding, Kvirikashvili said in his congratulatory letter.
“I’m very pleased to note that effective and intensive cooperation has played an important role in diversification of bilateral ties over the past period,” said the Georgian PM. “Your Excellency, I ask you to accept my highest esteem and wishes of peace and prosperity for the friendly people of Azerbaijan.”
Related news releases
- 16.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Kazakh leader
- 15.12.2017Qatar National Day marked in Baku
- 14.12.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat
- 13.12.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 13.12.2017‘Jerusalem has not been abandoned,’ Erdogan says
- 13.12.2017OIC member states recognize E. Jerusalem as Palestine’s capital
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: U.S. should reconsider its decision on Jerusalem
- 13.12.2017U.S. provides over $30.8 million for mine and UXO clearance in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Mahmoud Abbas rules out U.S. mediator role in Palestine-Israel peace process
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as ‘occupied capital of Palestine’
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel an ‘occupying and terror state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev, NATO Sec-Gen Stoltenberg make press statements
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani president attends NATO's North Atlantic Council meeting
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism