Georgian FM: Conflicts in GUAM countries hamper regional development
The protracted conflicts in the GUAM member countries hamper the development of the region, Georgia’s Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs Mikheil Janelidze said on Monday.
Janelidze made the remarks at the 10th annual session of the GUAM Parliamentary Assembly in Tbilisi, an APA correspondent reported from Tbilisi.
He said that peace and security problems within the framework of GUAM have not been fully achieved.
“The issue of territorial integrity remains topical. It will be impossible to fully realize the potential of the region without addressing these problems. There is a great need for the support of the international community in this area,” added Georgia’s top diplomat.
Janelidze stressed that GUAM has become a reliable partner in the region and beyond.
"Joint priorities for economic development in the future, political consolidation and cooperation among peoples have been defined within the framework of the organization,” he said.
Georgia’s top diplomat expressed gratitude to states and institutions supporting GUAM.
The GUAM Organization for Democracy and Economic Development is a regional organization of four post-Soviet states: Georgia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, and Moldova.
Related news releases
- 24.01.2018Azerbaijani President met with Chairman, CEO and Co-Founder of American company Blackstone
- 24.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with chairman and CEO of Lazard Freres
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Saudi Arabian minister of energy, industry and mineral resources
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Microsoft corporate vice president
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Deputy CEO of SUEZ GROUP in Davos
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: "We fulfill our obligations to reduce oil production"
- 23.01.2018Azerbaijani President met with the Georgian PM
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with President and Chairman of VTB Bank Management Board
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Diversification of economy is Azerbaijan’s main objective
- 23.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan managed to establish itself as a truly independent state
- 23.01.2018Davos Economic Forum kicks off today
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Royal Philips CEO
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with founder of BlackRock in Davos
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with vice president of Chevron Corporation
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with LUKOIL president in Davos
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with President of the World Economic Forum in Davos - UPDATED
- 22.01.2018Council of Europe Sec. Gen. positively assesses measures taken in Azerbaijan to humanize penalties
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani-Korean inter-parliamentary working group to visit Baku
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani MP elected PACE vice-president
- 22.01.2018Michele Nicoletti elected new PACE President
- 22.01.2018PACE winter session kicks off today
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 18.12.2017Nagorno-Karabakh conflict issue raised at GUAM PA session
- 18.12.2017Maros Sefcovic: Azerbaijan is a strategic energy partner for EU - INTERVIEW
- 18.12.2017Member countries’ unified position is GUAM’s main achievement – Secretary General
- 18.12.2017GUAM achieved stable position in int’l arena – Georgia
- 18.12.2017Tbilisi hosts 10th annual session of GUAM PA
- 16.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Kazakh leader