Georgia stands against escalation of Karabakh conflict – President Margvelashvili
Georgia stands against the escalation of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, said Georgia’s President Giorgi Margvelashvili.
Margvelashvili made the remarks at a meeting with Azerbaijani youth and representatives of the public in Marneuli, which was held within the framework of the “From Independence to Liberty – Centennial of the Republic” campaign, APA’s Georgia bureau reports.
One of the young participants of the meeting reminded the Georgian president that today marks the 26th anniversary of the Khojaly genocide and asked to honor the tragedy victims with a minute of silence.
Though the request remained unfulfilled, the Georgian president responded that Georgia is closely following the situation around the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Margvelashvili noted that Georgia supports a peaceful solution to the conflict.
At the meeting held at Marneuli’s employment center, President Margvelashvili said this year is important for Georgia in terms of celebrating the centenary of the republic’s establishment.
The president spoke about the challenges that Georgia faced throughout history and in the modern period, as well as the problems that arose after the occupation of the country’s territory by Russia. The Georgian leader also answered the questions of the meeting participants.
President Margvelashvili hailed the active involvement of Azerbaijanis in Georgia’s society.
He emphasized that the participation of young people in the events dedicated to the centenary of the republic is of great importance.
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 27.02.201826th anniversary of Khojaly genocide commemorated in Houston
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Geneva
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijan changes e-visa issuance procedure
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev phones Turkish counterpart
- 26.02.2018Turkish envoy: Those responsible for Khojaly tragedy should be brought to justice
- 26.02.2018European Parliament adopts statement on Khojaly genocide