Georgia stands against escalation of Karabakh conflict – President Margvelashvili
Georgia stands against the escalation of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, said Georgia’s President Giorgi Margvelashvili.
Margvelashvili made the remarks at a meeting with Azerbaijani youth and representatives of the public in Marneuli, which was held within the framework of the “From Independence to Liberty – Centennial of the Republic” campaign, APA’s Georgia bureau reports.
One of the young participants of the meeting reminded the Georgian president that today marks the 26th anniversary of the Khojaly genocide and asked to honor the tragedy victims with a minute of silence.
Though the request remained unfulfilled, the Georgian president responded that Georgia is closely following the situation around the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Margvelashvili noted that Georgia supports a peaceful solution to the conflict.
At the meeting held at Marneuli’s employment center, President Margvelashvili said this year is important for Georgia in terms of celebrating the centenary of the republic’s establishment.
The president spoke about the challenges that Georgia faced throughout history and in the modern period, as well as the problems that arose after the occupation of the country’s territory by Russia. The Georgian leader also answered the questions of the meeting participants.
President Margvelashvili hailed the active involvement of Azerbaijanis in Georgia’s society.
He emphasized that the participation of young people in the events dedicated to the centenary of the republic is of great importance.
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 27.02.201826th anniversary of Khojaly genocide commemorated in Houston
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Geneva
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijan changes e-visa issuance procedure
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev phones Turkish counterpart
- 26.02.2018Turkish envoy: Those responsible for Khojaly tragedy should be brought to justice
- 26.02.2018European Parliament adopts statement on Khojaly genocide