Georgia, Azerbaijan contribute to creation of more stable, developed region: PM Kvirikashvili
Georgia and Azerbaijan, along with being strategic partners, contribute to the creation of a more stable and development region through joint cooperation in a number of projects, Georgia’s Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili said on Friday.
PM Kvirikashvili made the remarks at the CEO Lunch Tbilisi event dedicated to the launch of Caspian Energy Company, an APA correspondent reported from Tbilisi.
According to him, Georgia and Azerbaijan contribute to Europe’s energy security, unite the region and markets.
“Strengthening ties and cooperation creates a basis for economic revival and stability. We welcome the success of Azerbaijani companies in Georgia. We have a lot of plans to increase mutual investments, develop joint small and medium-sized business, and raise our cooperation to a new level,” he said.
Speaking about the exemplary neighborly relations between the two countries, Kvirikashvili particularly emphasized Azerbaijan’s assistance during forest fires in the Borjomi region.
“The people of Georgia will never forget the assistance of the Azerbaijani people in extinguishing the fires. Under the instruction of President Ilham Aliyev, firefighters, helicopters and special equipment of Azerbaijan have fought with fire together with us. I want to thank once again on behalf of the Georgian people,” he said.
Kvirikashvili also touched upon the investment climate in Georgia. He said that the government created the most favorable conditions for attracting more investments to the country.
Kvirikashvili expressed his hope that the Caspian Energy Georgia will play an important role in the development of trade and economic relations between Georgia and Azerbaijan.
Representatives from nearly 50 Azerbaijani and Turkish companies operating in Georgia as well as local companies attended the CEO Lunch Tbilisi event. Georgia’s Finance Minister Dmitry Kumsishvili, Economy and Sustainable Development Minister Giorgi Gakharia, Azerbaijani Ambassador to Georgia Dursun Hasanov and other officials also joined the event.
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani, French presidents meet in Paris
- 20.07.2018President Sergio Mattarella’s visit to Azerbaijan in spotlight of Italian media
- 20.07.2018Azerbaijani president meets with president of French National Assembly
- 20.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: 177 foreign legal entities carry out illegal economic activities in occupied Azerbaijani lands - UPDATED
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with SADE director general
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Executive VP of Bouygues Travaux Publics
- 20.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Forms of threats to global security becoming more complex, dangerous
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman and CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijan, Russia discuss fight against terrorism
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijan respects Spain’s territorial integrity - MFA
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parl’t speaker accuses OSCE PA special representative Vigenin of insincerity
- 29.09.2017Ukrainian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Ambassador: Turkish citizens who illegally visited Karabakh do not reflect country's official position
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijan recognizes, fully supports territorial integrity of Iraq