Georgia, Azerbaijan contribute to creation of more stable, developed region: PM Kvirikashvili
Georgia and Azerbaijan, along with being strategic partners, contribute to the creation of a more stable and development region through joint cooperation in a number of projects, Georgia’s Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili said on Friday.
PM Kvirikashvili made the remarks at the CEO Lunch Tbilisi event dedicated to the launch of Caspian Energy Company, an APA correspondent reported from Tbilisi.
According to him, Georgia and Azerbaijan contribute to Europe’s energy security, unite the region and markets.
“Strengthening ties and cooperation creates a basis for economic revival and stability. We welcome the success of Azerbaijani companies in Georgia. We have a lot of plans to increase mutual investments, develop joint small and medium-sized business, and raise our cooperation to a new level,” he said.
Speaking about the exemplary neighborly relations between the two countries, Kvirikashvili particularly emphasized Azerbaijan’s assistance during forest fires in the Borjomi region.
“The people of Georgia will never forget the assistance of the Azerbaijani people in extinguishing the fires. Under the instruction of President Ilham Aliyev, firefighters, helicopters and special equipment of Azerbaijan have fought with fire together with us. I want to thank once again on behalf of the Georgian people,” he said.
Kvirikashvili also touched upon the investment climate in Georgia. He said that the government created the most favorable conditions for attracting more investments to the country.
Kvirikashvili expressed his hope that the Caspian Energy Georgia will play an important role in the development of trade and economic relations between Georgia and Azerbaijan.
Representatives from nearly 50 Azerbaijani and Turkish companies operating in Georgia as well as local companies attended the CEO Lunch Tbilisi event. Georgia’s Finance Minister Dmitry Kumsishvili, Economy and Sustainable Development Minister Giorgi Gakharia, Azerbaijani Ambassador to Georgia Dursun Hasanov and other officials also joined the event.
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey says quadrilateral co-op format with Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia to contribute to peace and stability
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs hail new format of quadrilateral cooperation
- 15.03.2018Baku Declaration adopted at meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs
- 15.03.2018Deputy PM: TAP is an important project for Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 15.03.2018PM Yildirim: Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia take serious steps to ensure regional security
- 15.03.2018Meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs kicks off in Baku
- 15.03.2018PACE to send 33-member delegation to Azerbaijan for election observation
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijan, Russia discuss fight against terrorism
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijan respects Spain’s territorial integrity - MFA
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parl’t speaker accuses OSCE PA special representative Vigenin of insincerity
- 29.09.2017Ukrainian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Ambassador: Turkish citizens who illegally visited Karabakh do not reflect country's official position
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijan recognizes, fully supports territorial integrity of Iraq