Georgia, Azerbaijan contribute to creation of more stable, developed region: PM Kvirikashvili
Georgia and Azerbaijan, along with being strategic partners, contribute to the creation of a more stable and development region through joint cooperation in a number of projects, Georgia’s Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili said on Friday.
PM Kvirikashvili made the remarks at the CEO Lunch Tbilisi event dedicated to the launch of Caspian Energy Company, an APA correspondent reported from Tbilisi.
According to him, Georgia and Azerbaijan contribute to Europe’s energy security, unite the region and markets.
“Strengthening ties and cooperation creates a basis for economic revival and stability. We welcome the success of Azerbaijani companies in Georgia. We have a lot of plans to increase mutual investments, develop joint small and medium-sized business, and raise our cooperation to a new level,” he said.
Speaking about the exemplary neighborly relations between the two countries, Kvirikashvili particularly emphasized Azerbaijan’s assistance during forest fires in the Borjomi region.
“The people of Georgia will never forget the assistance of the Azerbaijani people in extinguishing the fires. Under the instruction of President Ilham Aliyev, firefighters, helicopters and special equipment of Azerbaijan have fought with fire together with us. I want to thank once again on behalf of the Georgian people,” he said.
Kvirikashvili also touched upon the investment climate in Georgia. He said that the government created the most favorable conditions for attracting more investments to the country.
Kvirikashvili expressed his hope that the Caspian Energy Georgia will play an important role in the development of trade and economic relations between Georgia and Azerbaijan.
Representatives from nearly 50 Azerbaijani and Turkish companies operating in Georgia as well as local companies attended the CEO Lunch Tbilisi event. Georgia’s Finance Minister Dmitry Kumsishvili, Economy and Sustainable Development Minister Giorgi Gakharia, Azerbaijani Ambassador to Georgia Dursun Hasanov and other officials also joined the event.
- 16.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Kazakh leader
- 15.12.2017Qatar National Day marked in Baku
- 14.12.2017First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat
- 13.12.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 13.12.2017‘Jerusalem has not been abandoned,’ Erdogan says
- 13.12.2017OIC member states recognize E. Jerusalem as Palestine’s capital
- 13.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: U.S. should reconsider its decision on Jerusalem
- 13.12.2017U.S. provides over $30.8 million for mine and UXO clearance in Azerbaijan
- 13.12.2017Mahmoud Abbas rules out U.S. mediator role in Palestine-Israel peace process
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as ‘occupied capital of Palestine’
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel an ‘occupying and terror state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijan, Russia discuss fight against terrorism
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijan respects Spain’s territorial integrity - MFA
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parl’t speaker accuses OSCE PA special representative Vigenin of insincerity
- 29.09.2017Ukrainian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Ambassador: Turkish citizens who illegally visited Karabakh do not reflect country's official position
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijan recognizes, fully supports territorial integrity of Iraq