Georgia, Azerbaijan contribute to creation of more stable, developed region: PM Kvirikashvili
Georgia and Azerbaijan, along with being strategic partners, contribute to the creation of a more stable and development region through joint cooperation in a number of projects, Georgia’s Prime Minister Giorgi Kvirikashvili said on Friday.
PM Kvirikashvili made the remarks at the CEO Lunch Tbilisi event dedicated to the launch of Caspian Energy Company, an APA correspondent reported from Tbilisi.
According to him, Georgia and Azerbaijan contribute to Europe’s energy security, unite the region and markets.
“Strengthening ties and cooperation creates a basis for economic revival and stability. We welcome the success of Azerbaijani companies in Georgia. We have a lot of plans to increase mutual investments, develop joint small and medium-sized business, and raise our cooperation to a new level,” he said.
Speaking about the exemplary neighborly relations between the two countries, Kvirikashvili particularly emphasized Azerbaijan’s assistance during forest fires in the Borjomi region.
“The people of Georgia will never forget the assistance of the Azerbaijani people in extinguishing the fires. Under the instruction of President Ilham Aliyev, firefighters, helicopters and special equipment of Azerbaijan have fought with fire together with us. I want to thank once again on behalf of the Georgian people,” he said.
Kvirikashvili also touched upon the investment climate in Georgia. He said that the government created the most favorable conditions for attracting more investments to the country.
Kvirikashvili expressed his hope that the Caspian Energy Georgia will play an important role in the development of trade and economic relations between Georgia and Azerbaijan.
Representatives from nearly 50 Azerbaijani and Turkish companies operating in Georgia as well as local companies attended the CEO Lunch Tbilisi event. Georgia’s Finance Minister Dmitry Kumsishvili, Economy and Sustainable Development Minister Giorgi Gakharia, Azerbaijani Ambassador to Georgia Dursun Hasanov and other officials also joined the event.
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 13.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16
- 13.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria make press statements
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Bulgarian presidents meet in Baku
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president officially welcomed in Baku
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Iran's economy minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Date of Tehran meeting of Azerbaijani, Russian, Iranian presidents revealed
- 12.10.2017Official of U.S. Department of Defense arrives in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Preparation for Tehran meeting of Azerbaijani, Iranian, Russian presidents underway
- 12.10.2017Erdogan to visit Azerbaijan on Oct. 30 – envoy
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijan, Russia discuss fight against terrorism
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijan respects Spain’s territorial integrity - MFA
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijani parl’t speaker accuses OSCE PA special representative Vigenin of insincerity
- 29.09.2017Ukrainian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017Ambassador: Turkish citizens who illegally visited Karabakh do not reflect country's official position
- 29.09.2017Azerbaijan recognizes, fully supports territorial integrity of Iraq