Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov on Friday met with the delegation headed by his Gambian counterpart Ousainou Darboe, on the sidelines of his working visit to Azerbaijan, the Foreign Ministry told APA.
Expressing his satisfaction over visiting Azerbaijan, the Gambian minister mentioned that he was received by Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and during the meeting fruitful discussions were held.
The sides discussed the prospects of cooperation in various areas Azerbaijan and Gambia. The ministers underlined the importance of the expansion of legal framework and exchange of mutual visits in the development of bilateral relations adding that the two countries closely cooperate within the UN, OIC and other international organizations.
The ministers also noted that there is a huge potential for the cooperation in tourism, education, health and other spheres and to this end discussed the possibility of education opportunities for Gambian students at the high education institutions of Azerbaijan.
Speaking about the ADA University, minister Elmar Mammadyarov informed his interlocutor about granting scholarships by Azerbaijan for students from the OIC and Non-Aligned Movement member countries.
Mammadyarov informed also his colleague about capital Baku's candidature to Expo-2025.
Informing his interlocutor about the recent negotiation process on the resolution of Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict Minister Elmar Mammadyarov highly appreciated the just and fair position of Gambia on the settlement of the conflict on the basis of territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan within the internationally recognized borders in accordance with the relevant UN Security Council resolutions.
The Gambian FM underlined the traditional support by his Government within international organizations on illegal occupation of Azerbaijan's territories by Armenia.
At the meeting the sides exchanged their views on the issues of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Turkey on June 12
- 07.06.2018U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan hosts iftar dinner for Masalli women entrepreneurs
- 07.06.2018Santa Monica proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- 06.06.2018EU must engage with Azerbaijan or Putin will
- 06.06.2018Moscow: Serious preparation underway to sign convention on Caspian legal status at upcoming summit
- 06.06.2018Centenary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic solemnly marked in Washington, DC
- 06.06.2018PACE to elect new president at summer session
- 05.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Bulgarian envoy
- 05.06.2018Ambassador: Azerbaijan, UK enjoy constructive relations at all levels - INTERVIEW
- 05.06.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states: Kazakh president
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 07.06.2018Queen Elizabeth's birthday celebrated in Baku