FM: Italy will continue to support intensifying ties between Azerbaijan, EU
Italy will continue to firmly support intensifying relations between Azerbaijan and the EU, Foreign Minister of Italy Angelino Alfano said in his letter addressed to his Azerbaijani counterpart Elmar Mammadyarov on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries, Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry told APA.
Stressing that Italy welcomes the process started on the Strategic Partnership Agreement between Azerbaijan and EU, the minister expressed his confidence that this Agreement will create a favorable framework for stimulating the dialogue on the issues of mutual interest and further strengthening our relations in all fields.
Angelino Alfano underlined that during the past 25 years the two countries have established important cooperation especially in the economic field and that Italy gradually becoming the main trade partner of Azerbaijan. He also noted that Italy is ready to make joint efforts with Azerbaijan on deepening and diversification of economic and trade relations, as well as exploring new opportunities for our companies and civil societies.
In his letter addressed to his Italian counterpart, Azerbaijani Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov commended the development of cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy in the fields of politics, economy, as well as culture and education during the past 25 years.
The Azerbaijani FM expressed his hope that successful cooperation projects, especially TAP will serve further strengthening of friendship between the two countries and nations.
Mammadyarov expressed his hope that Italy as member of the OSCE Troika starting from 2017, will make efforts for the soonest and just settlement of Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict based on the norms and principles of international law, as well as the relevant UN Security Council resolutions within the territorial integrity, sovereignty and internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 25.07.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates presidents of Liberia and Maldives
- 24.07.2017Azerbaijani, Hungarian FMs meet
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijani, Russian presidents discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 21.07.2017Meeting of Presidents of Russia and Azerbaijan held in Sochi
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Russia for working visit
- 21.07.2017Egyptian embassy organizes official reception in Baku
- 21.07.2017Communiqué on closure of Al-Aqsa Mosque adopted at Baku conference
- 21.07.2017Ambassador: Protraction of Jerusalem problem indicates existence of double standards in int’l policy
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Hungarian ambassador
- 21.07.2017MFA: No Azerbaijani citizens injured in earthquake in Turkey, Greece
- 21.07.2017Russian, Azerbaijani presidents to meet in Sochi – Kremlin
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijan allocates $5M for development of infrastructure in East al-Quds
- 20.07.2017Firudin Hajiyev awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 20.07.2017FM Mammadyarov: OIC – a ‘unique platform’ for Azerbaijan in advancing cooperation with Muslim world
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Tajik ambassador
- 20.07.2017Int’l conference on question of Jerusalem kicks off in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to China
- 19.07.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to open up great opportunities – Azerbaijani FM
- 19.07.2017FM: Turkmenistan intends to expand relations with Azerbaijan, Turkey
- 19.07.2017Ashgabat to host fifth trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs
- 19.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 19.07.2017Ambassador: Czech Republic interested in co-op with Azerbaijan within Eastern Partnership
- 19.07.2017Visegrad Four supports soonest signing of Azerbaijan-EU deal on strategic partnership
- 19.07.2017Czech Senate delegation to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Eastern Partnership countries’ FMs to meet in September
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary in October
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen FMs mull co-op prospects
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs hold meeting in Baku
- 18.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan interested in expanding ties with Turkmenistan in all areas - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Austrian delegation - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Latvia
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "From now on Latvia and Azerbaijan are considered strategic partners"
- 17.07.2017Latvian President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan hopes for positive appellate court decision on VAK
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets speaker of Latvian parliament
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan-Latvia business forum held in Riga
- 17.07.2017Latvian president: Azerbaijan-EU ties to take more concrete form at Eastern Partnership summit
- 17.07.2017Final document on Caspian Sea’s status nearly 80% agreed - Azerbaijani FM
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-EU relations developing successfully
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani parliament speaker, Russian State Duma chairman to discuss VAK liquidation
- 16.05.2017Baku says VAK liquidation can negatively affect Russia’s mediatory role in Karabakh settlement
- 16.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives executive vice chairman of Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
- 16.05.2017Azerbaijani MP believes Russian court will change its decision on VAK liquidation
- 16.05.2017Bulgaria has always supported Southern Gas Corridor project, says energy minister
- 15.05.2017Azerbaijan invited to summit in Saudi Arabia that will be attended by Trump