First Vice-President Mehriban Aliyeva met with delegation led by UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
First Vice-President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva has met with a delegation led by Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion of the United Kingdom, co-chair of Joint Intergovernmental Commission Baroness Rona Fairhead, APA reports.
First Vice-President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Mehriban noted that Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion of the United Kingdom, co-chair of Joint Intergovernmental Commission Baroness Rona Fairhead’s visit to the country contributes to the development of bilateral relations. Saying that Azerbaijan established cooperation with the United Kingdom in many areas after restoring its independence, Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President highlighted relations in oil and gas field and noted the role of cooperation with BP in these relations. Mehriban Aliyeva said BP has operated in Azerbaijan for more than 20 years. The First Vice-President said this cooperation is highly appreciated in Azerbaijan. Mehriban Aliyeva noted that the new phase of Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli started, the new contract was signed this year, adding that this demonstrates that the ongoing cooperation serves interests of both the United Kingdom and Azerbaijan. Saying BP is the main investor in Shahdeniz-2 project and that TANAP project will be finished next year, Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President noted that Azerbaijan contributes to Europe’s energy security with these projects.
Stressing the importance of establishing broad and successful cooperation in other areas of economy in the future, including non-oil sector, Mehriban Aliyeva pointed out great prospects for increasing trade turnover, expanding cooperation in the areas of tourism, agriculture, high technologies, transport. The First Vice-President expressed her confidence that this visit will create new opportunities for cooperation.
Emphasizing the significance of humanitarian cooperation for the two nations` better knowing each other, Mehriban Aliyeva pointed out the expansion of Azerbaijan-UK relations in the field of education in recent years. The First Vice-President said there are 16 English language-schools in Azerbaijan and hundreds of Azerbaijanis study in the United Kingdom.
Saying there are ample opportunities for cooperation in the field of culture, Mehriban Aliyeva stressed high-level relations between Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Education and the University of Oxford. “I highly appreciate our bilateral relations,” said Mehriban Aliyeva, expressing her confidence that this cooperation will expand based on the mutual interests.
Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion of the United Kingdom, co-chair of Joint Intergovernmental Commission Baroness Rona Fairhead thanked for the hospitality extended to her in Azerbaijan. Baroness Rona Fairhead spoke of the meetings she held in Azerbaijan, noting the importance of the discussions in terms of expanding and strengthening bilateral relations.
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 15.12.2017Qatar National Day marked in Baku
- 16.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Kazakh leader
- 18.12.2017Tbilisi hosts 10th annual session of GUAM PA
- 14.12.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with UK Minister of State for Trade and Export Promotion
- 14.12.2017Bahar Muradova: Europe tends to react only when itself faced with threat
- 13.12.2017Ambassador: Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan are strategic partners