Final declaration of PABSEC Istanbul summit does not include paragraph on al-Quds
The final declaration adopted at the summit of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Parliamentary Assembly (PABSEC) in Istanbul on May 16 does not include a paragraph on al-Quds (Jerusalem).
Chairman of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey (TBMM) Ismail Kahraman said that there is no indifference to the current events in the region.
"Therefore, we wanted a paragraph on al-Quds to be included in the final declaration of the Summit. However, representatives of some states have said they will discuss the issue with their foreign ministries and can not sign a final statement without the consent of diplomatic bodies. We respect their position, but we strongly believe that the governments of the member states will not be indifferent to the events in al-Quds and will state their position on the final statement to the General Secretariat in the coming days. We will sign the final declaration after learning their official position,” he said.
Asaf Hajiyev, Secretary General of the PABSEC said that he was convinced that the heads of the delegations would receive answers within 10 days. He underlined that if the amendment proposed by Turkey is supported by the majority of member countries, it will be included in the final declaration.
Declaration of the 25th anniversary summit of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Parliamentary Assembly (PABSEC) was adopted by member states on May 11. After the beginning of the summit on May 16, Chairman of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Ismail Kahraman offered to add a paragraph to the document on the last events that took place in al-Quds. Heads of Serbian, Bulgarian and Russian delegations opposed the offer of Ismail Kahraman. Despite Kahraman’s insistence, Chairperson of the Bulgarian National Assembly Tsveta Karayancheva opposed the offer.
Ukrainian delegation expressed wish to add an article on “Russia's aggressive policy” to the document. In his turn, Head of Russian delegation, Deputy Chairman of the State Duma, Pyotr Tolstoy accused the Ukrainian state of genocide.
“Then we must bring to the agenda the Georgian-Abkhaz conflict, the issue of the occupation of the Azerbaijani territories by Armenia. We have adopted a final declaration. Time was given for Turkey’s proposal on al-Quds. We will express our thoughts to the Secretariat, and if there are majority of votes, a new article will be added to the document,” the speaker noted.
Ogtay Asadov was awarded order for his services in the Assembly’s activity at the end of the 25th anniversary summit of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Parliamentary Assembly held in Istanbul.
The summit was ended.
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman and CEO of CIFAL Group
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Iveco France president
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Rothschild & Co Supervisory Board
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with Thales International official
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 16.05.2018Jamewstown Foundation president: BTK to carry military cargo, Turkey gives initial consent
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE decision – a manifestation of double standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: Azerbaijan to continue activity in PACE
- 16.05.2018PACE committee imposes sanction on Azerbaijani MP Samad Seyidov
- 16.05.2018Russia says concerned over 'dangerous escalation' in Gaza
- 16.05.2018What points does report of Independent Investigation Body on allegations of corruption within PACE highlight? - OPINION