Final declaration of PABSEC Istanbul summit does not include paragraph on al-Quds
The final declaration adopted at the summit of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Parliamentary Assembly (PABSEC) in Istanbul on May 16 does not include a paragraph on al-Quds (Jerusalem).
Chairman of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey (TBMM) Ismail Kahraman said that there is no indifference to the current events in the region.
"Therefore, we wanted a paragraph on al-Quds to be included in the final declaration of the Summit. However, representatives of some states have said they will discuss the issue with their foreign ministries and can not sign a final statement without the consent of diplomatic bodies. We respect their position, but we strongly believe that the governments of the member states will not be indifferent to the events in al-Quds and will state their position on the final statement to the General Secretariat in the coming days. We will sign the final declaration after learning their official position,” he said.
Asaf Hajiyev, Secretary General of the PABSEC said that he was convinced that the heads of the delegations would receive answers within 10 days. He underlined that if the amendment proposed by Turkey is supported by the majority of member countries, it will be included in the final declaration.
Declaration of the 25th anniversary summit of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Parliamentary Assembly (PABSEC) was adopted by member states on May 11. After the beginning of the summit on May 16, Chairman of the Grand National Assembly of Turkey Ismail Kahraman offered to add a paragraph to the document on the last events that took place in al-Quds. Heads of Serbian, Bulgarian and Russian delegations opposed the offer of Ismail Kahraman. Despite Kahraman’s insistence, Chairperson of the Bulgarian National Assembly Tsveta Karayancheva opposed the offer.
Ukrainian delegation expressed wish to add an article on “Russia's aggressive policy” to the document. In his turn, Head of Russian delegation, Deputy Chairman of the State Duma, Pyotr Tolstoy accused the Ukrainian state of genocide.
“Then we must bring to the agenda the Georgian-Abkhaz conflict, the issue of the occupation of the Azerbaijani territories by Armenia. We have adopted a final declaration. Time was given for Turkey’s proposal on al-Quds. We will express our thoughts to the Secretariat, and if there are majority of votes, a new article will be added to the document,” the speaker noted.
Ogtay Asadov was awarded order for his services in the Assembly’s activity at the end of the 25th anniversary summit of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Parliamentary Assembly held in Istanbul.
The summit was ended.
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani, French FMs mull Karabakh separatists’ illegal visits to EU countries
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijan asks France for support in talks on new deal with EU
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijan, France to establish joint commission to boost ties
- 27.05.2018France’s Macron expected to visit Azerbaijan in late 2018
- 27.05.2018Meeting between Azerbaijani, French FMs kicks off in Baku
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani president expected to visit France in July
- 27.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev received French minister of Europe and foreign affairs - UPDATED
- 27.05.2018MFA:The sovereign territory of the Azerbaijani Democratic Republic was 114,000 square kilometers
- 26.05.2018Ogtay Asadov attends events dedicated to centenary of first Georgian republic
- 26.05.2018Emmanuel Macron: France to do its utmost for fair resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2018Italian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Finnish President congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 16.05.2018Jamewstown Foundation president: BTK to carry military cargo, Turkey gives initial consent
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE decision – a manifestation of double standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: Azerbaijan to continue activity in PACE
- 16.05.2018PACE committee imposes sanction on Azerbaijani MP Samad Seyidov
- 16.05.2018Russia says concerned over 'dangerous escalation' in Gaza
- 16.05.2018What points does report of Independent Investigation Body on allegations of corruption within PACE highlight? - OPINION