Fifth Global Baku Forum underway
A panel session, titled “Youth Speaks, We Listen”, was held as part of the Fifth Global Baku Forum on March 17.
The Fifth Global Baku Forum, titled “The Future of International Relations: Power and Interests” kicked off in Baku March 16.
The panel session focused on the ongoing migration crisis, the future of China and cyber security issues.
Jean Van Berkel, a Dutch representative, spoke about EU-China ties.
He noted that economic relations between the EU and China have been beneficial for both sides.
“However, China has not opened all the sectors of its economy for the EU. For example, financial, information and economic spheres,” he said calling on China to create equal conditions for European companies.
Zachary Kai, who came from the US, said it is difficult to determine the future direction of China.
“I have lived in China for five years. The Chinese are very hard-working people. People used to think that China manufactures low-quality products. Perhaps such an approach was correct ten years ago. But now China is rapidly developing its economy and manufacturing high-quality products,” he said.
Kai went on to say that Chinese companies are now able to compete with western companies without government subsidies.
“China's youth leaders are more liberal. I see a bright future for China,” he added.
Kai stressed the importance of the development of US-China relations.
"The confrontation of two giant countries would bring on a disaster. China is working on programs to prevent such a conflict from happening. As a result of China-US economic cooperation, the Chinese will be able to purchase US products for lower prices. US companies must open their markets to China. It should be noted that Western countries are demanding a lot more from China. A rational approach is required with regard to this matter,” he said.
In the end, the issue of cyber security was discussed.
Mahammad Ibrahimov, who studies master in the Netherlands, noted that there are a number of threats on the Internet, saying a cyber war is going on in the world.
The speakers said there are signs of cyber war between the US and China, and Israel and Iran.
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Formula 1 Group CEO
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitation to ODIHR for observation of presidential election
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM meets with delegation of Holy See
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Russian counterpart
- 10.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Iranian counterpart
- 10.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Holy See - UPDATED
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani Ambassador to Estonia met with Vice-Mayor of Tallinn
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan, EU agree to create mechanism for dialogue on security and energy issues
- 09.02.2018EU’s Mogherini reiterates importance of respect for fundamental freedoms, human rights
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan says 2017 proved to be productive for advancement of co-op with EU
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Saudi prince - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets chairman of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Mehriban Aliyeva meet with delgation headed by Iranian Minister
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president’s messages to French society and president: - OPINION
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev receives Iran’s ICT minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official