Fifth Global Baku Forum underway
A panel session, titled “Youth Speaks, We Listen”, was held as part of the Fifth Global Baku Forum on March 17.
The Fifth Global Baku Forum, titled “The Future of International Relations: Power and Interests” kicked off in Baku March 16.
The panel session focused on the ongoing migration crisis, the future of China and cyber security issues.
Jean Van Berkel, a Dutch representative, spoke about EU-China ties.
He noted that economic relations between the EU and China have been beneficial for both sides.
“However, China has not opened all the sectors of its economy for the EU. For example, financial, information and economic spheres,” he said calling on China to create equal conditions for European companies.
Zachary Kai, who came from the US, said it is difficult to determine the future direction of China.
“I have lived in China for five years. The Chinese are very hard-working people. People used to think that China manufactures low-quality products. Perhaps such an approach was correct ten years ago. But now China is rapidly developing its economy and manufacturing high-quality products,” he said.
Kai went on to say that Chinese companies are now able to compete with western companies without government subsidies.
“China's youth leaders are more liberal. I see a bright future for China,” he added.
Kai stressed the importance of the development of US-China relations.
"The confrontation of two giant countries would bring on a disaster. China is working on programs to prevent such a conflict from happening. As a result of China-US economic cooperation, the Chinese will be able to purchase US products for lower prices. US companies must open their markets to China. It should be noted that Western countries are demanding a lot more from China. A rational approach is required with regard to this matter,” he said.
In the end, the issue of cyber security was discussed.
Mahammad Ibrahimov, who studies master in the Netherlands, noted that there are a number of threats on the Internet, saying a cyber war is going on in the world.
The speakers said there are signs of cyber war between the US and China, and Israel and Iran.
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani foreign minister attends GUAM-Japan ministerial meeting
- 22.09.2017Armenian MPs to go sightseeing in Baku
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijani deputy education minister blames Armenian MP for making false remarks at Baku conference
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan calls on EU to display ‘decisive stance’ against Armenia
- 22.09.2017GUAM countries interested in development of mutually beneficial co-op with US
- 22.09.2017Azerbaijan says energy co-op with EU has reached level of strategic partnership
- 22.09.2017NATO Secretary General's Special Representative to visit Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2017Armenian MPs to attend Euronest PA conference in Baku
- 21.09.2017Turkic Council foreign ministers meet in New York
- 21.09.2017Work underway to bring home Azerbaijani children found in territories freed from ISIL
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan preparing for Eastern Partnership summit: deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan says ‘no serious progress’ in talks with WTO
- 21.09.2017EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on trade to hold meeting in Brussels
- 21.09.2017New Azerbaijan-EU deal unlikely to be signed by year-end – deputy FM
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijan, EU to mull new partnership priorities in late September
- 21.09.2017Tehran to host discussions on Caspian Sea’s legal status
- 21.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Non-Aligned Movement plays crucial role in maintaining int’l peace
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres in New York
- 20.09.2017President: Since 2004, Azerbaijan’s economy has grown more than threefold
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plays important role on global energy market
- 20.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Development of democracy, human rights protection among Azerbaijan’s top priorities
- 20.09.2017Chairman of EU Political and Security Committee to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.09.2017Jankauskas announces date of next round of EU-Azerbaijan talks on new deal - UPDATED
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev to address UN General Assembly
- 20.09.2017FM: Azerbaijan supports lasting solution to Israeli-Palestinian conflict
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani President attends state banquet at UN headquarters
- 20.09.2017Benjamin Netanyahu: “Israel expanded corporation with Azerbaijan" - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017China, Azerbaijan consider education a priority area – ambassador
- 19.09.2017PACE co-rapporteurs make statement following their visit to Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with representatives of American Jewish organizations in New York
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Foundation for Ethnic Understanding in New York
- 17.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in the United States for visit
- 15.09.2017First Vice President Mehriban Aliyeva meets with French Minister of State attached to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Mexican counterpart
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan checking if its citizens among London underground attack victims
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets Lao president
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets French Secretary of State to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives PACE co-rapporteurs - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017Moscow hosts int’l conference on Azerbaijan-Russia relations - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017UK hails Azerbaijan’s clear stance on counterterrorism
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Saudi prince - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets chairman of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Mehriban Aliyeva meet with delgation headed by Iranian Minister
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president’s messages to French society and president: - OPINION
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev receives Iran’s ICT minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official