Fifth Global Baku Forum underway
A panel session, titled “Youth Speaks, We Listen”, was held as part of the Fifth Global Baku Forum on March 17.
The Fifth Global Baku Forum, titled “The Future of International Relations: Power and Interests” kicked off in Baku March 16.
The panel session focused on the ongoing migration crisis, the future of China and cyber security issues.
Jean Van Berkel, a Dutch representative, spoke about EU-China ties.
He noted that economic relations between the EU and China have been beneficial for both sides.
“However, China has not opened all the sectors of its economy for the EU. For example, financial, information and economic spheres,” he said calling on China to create equal conditions for European companies.
Zachary Kai, who came from the US, said it is difficult to determine the future direction of China.
“I have lived in China for five years. The Chinese are very hard-working people. People used to think that China manufactures low-quality products. Perhaps such an approach was correct ten years ago. But now China is rapidly developing its economy and manufacturing high-quality products,” he said.
Kai went on to say that Chinese companies are now able to compete with western companies without government subsidies.
“China's youth leaders are more liberal. I see a bright future for China,” he added.
Kai stressed the importance of the development of US-China relations.
"The confrontation of two giant countries would bring on a disaster. China is working on programs to prevent such a conflict from happening. As a result of China-US economic cooperation, the Chinese will be able to purchase US products for lower prices. US companies must open their markets to China. It should be noted that Western countries are demanding a lot more from China. A rational approach is required with regard to this matter,” he said.
In the end, the issue of cyber security was discussed.
Mahammad Ibrahimov, who studies master in the Netherlands, noted that there are a number of threats on the Internet, saying a cyber war is going on in the world.
The speakers said there are signs of cyber war between the US and China, and Israel and Iran.
- 27.05.2017Emperor of Japan sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani President
- 27.05.2017Azerbaijani president sends letter of condolence to Egyptian counterpart
- 26.05.2017Azerbaijan condemns terror attack in Egypt
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan highly appreciates Trump’s speech at Arab Islamic American Summit
- 26.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's strong armies
- 26.05.2017Trump: Azerbaijan is valued partner of US
- 26.05.2017Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan is most interested party in earliest resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2017West Hollywood proclaims May 28 as ‘Azerbaijan National Day’
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Switzerland
- 25.05.2017Putin: Azerbaijan plays important role in resolving pressing issues on int’l agenda
- 25.05.2017Russia says it has open dialogue with Azerbaijan
- 25.05.2017Document on illegal activities in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands circulated at UN
- 25.05.2017Azerbaijani FM meets with UN Secretary General
- 25.05.2017Republic Day of Azerbaijan celebrated in Los Angeles
- 24.05.2017Lukashenko: Azerbaijan’s high achievements are an example for many states
- 24.05.2017Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Erdogan: Turkey highly appreciates Azerbaijan’s achievements in all areas
- 24.05.2017Pope Francis congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.05.2017Volume of US financial aid to Azerbaijan revealed
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary
- 24.05.2017Armenian representative’s objection causes discontent in Euronest PA
- 24.05.2017UK envoy: Terrorism will never win
- 24.05.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to visit Azerbaijan
- 24.05.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for New York
- 23.05.2017Kings of Sweden, Norway and Netherlands send congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Frank-Walter Steinmeier sends congratulatory letter to Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s policy aimed at putting an end to conflicts between Muslim countries
- 23.05.2017MFA comments on anti-Azerbaijani article published in Russian state news agency
- 23.05.2017UK embassy in Azerbaijan to open book of condolences
- 23.05.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to change region’s fate - Turkish PM
- 23.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Theresa May
- 23.05.2017No Azerbaijanis among victims of Manchester explosion
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijan checking if its citizens among Manchester blast victims
- 22.05.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives UAE delegation - UPDATED
- 22.05.2017Azerbaijani FM briefs European Parliament delegation on settlement process of Karabakh conflict
- 22.05.2017BSEC summit ends with adoption of Istanbul Declaration
- 22.05.2017Erdogan: Some were suspicious that BSEC could continue to exist long
- 22.05.2017MP: Azerbaijan supports organizing peace platform between Armenia, Azerbaijan at European Parliament
- 22.05.2017Romanian investors seeking to expand relations with Azerbaijan, says envoy
- 22.05.2017European Parliament committee chair says Azerbaijan is a valuable partner for Europe
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Saudi prince - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets chairman of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Mehriban Aliyeva meet with delgation headed by Iranian Minister
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president’s messages to French society and president: - OPINION
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev receives Iran’s ICT minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official