Fifth Global Baku Forum underway
A panel session, titled “Youth Speaks, We Listen”, was held as part of the Fifth Global Baku Forum on March 17.
The Fifth Global Baku Forum, titled “The Future of International Relations: Power and Interests” kicked off in Baku March 16.
The panel session focused on the ongoing migration crisis, the future of China and cyber security issues.
Jean Van Berkel, a Dutch representative, spoke about EU-China ties.
He noted that economic relations between the EU and China have been beneficial for both sides.
“However, China has not opened all the sectors of its economy for the EU. For example, financial, information and economic spheres,” he said calling on China to create equal conditions for European companies.
Zachary Kai, who came from the US, said it is difficult to determine the future direction of China.
“I have lived in China for five years. The Chinese are very hard-working people. People used to think that China manufactures low-quality products. Perhaps such an approach was correct ten years ago. But now China is rapidly developing its economy and manufacturing high-quality products,” he said.
Kai went on to say that Chinese companies are now able to compete with western companies without government subsidies.
“China's youth leaders are more liberal. I see a bright future for China,” he added.
Kai stressed the importance of the development of US-China relations.
"The confrontation of two giant countries would bring on a disaster. China is working on programs to prevent such a conflict from happening. As a result of China-US economic cooperation, the Chinese will be able to purchase US products for lower prices. US companies must open their markets to China. It should be noted that Western countries are demanding a lot more from China. A rational approach is required with regard to this matter,” he said.
In the end, the issue of cyber security was discussed.
Mahammad Ibrahimov, who studies master in the Netherlands, noted that there are a number of threats on the Internet, saying a cyber war is going on in the world.
The speakers said there are signs of cyber war between the US and China, and Israel and Iran.
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Saudi prince - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets chairman of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Mehriban Aliyeva meet with delgation headed by Iranian Minister
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president’s messages to French society and president: - OPINION
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev receives Iran’s ICT minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official