Event dedicated to Azerbaijan held at Saddleback College of California
Saddleback College of California hosted on November 21, 2017, a lecture by Azerbaijan’s Consul General in Los Angeles Nasimi Aghayev.
In his presentation, Aghayev spoke about Azerbaijan’s history, rich cultural heritage, its geostrategic location, as well as its steady development and modernization as an independent nation since the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, Azerbaijan’s Consulate General in Los Angeles told APA.
The diplomat mentioned that the Azerbaijani people established in 1918 the first secular parliamentary republic in the Muslim world, and that the ethnic and religious tolerance was one of the guiding principles of this Republic. Consul General Aghayev stated that thanks to tireless efforts by Azerbaijan’s leadership, today all religious communities in Azerbaijan continue to enjoy strong interfaith harmony and acceptance, and Muslims, Christians, Jews and other communities live together in peace, dignity and mutual respect in the country.
Consul General also informed the attendees about the illegal military occupation and ethnic cleansing of Azerbaijan’s lands by Armenia.
Speaking of Azerbaijan’s experiences as an independent nation, Consul General highlighted the tremendous role played by Azerbaijan’s National Leader Heydar Aliyev, whom he characterized as the “founder of modern Azerbaijan”. Aghayev stated that as a result of successful policies pursued by President Ilham Aliyev, Azerbaijan has become political and economic powerhouse in the region today. He also informed the audience about Azerbaijan’s strategic partnership with the U.S., as well as its relations with regional countries and international organizations.
Following the presentation, the Consul General responded to various questions from the audience.
After the event, Consul General met with Dr Gregory Anderson, President of the Saddleback College.
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as capital of Palestine
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel ‘an occupying, terrorist state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem issue kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan supports peaceful settlement of Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Foreign Ministry
- 06.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan expands partnership with Russia in technology sector
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM: Int’l rules can be applied regarding controversial deposits in Caspian Sea
- 06.12.2017Draft Convention on Caspian status includes preservation of military balance: Azerbaijani MFA
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM reveals Caspian division principles
- 06.12.2017Baku: Draft Convention on Caspian Sea status coordinated
- 06.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Bakutel-2017 exhibition
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Vienna today
- 05.12.2017Baku host reception on occasion of Japanese Emperor's birthday
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Finnish counterpart
- 05.12.2017Caspian states plan to hold joint drills – Lavrov
- 29.11.2017Costa Rica sees Azerbaijan as key partner in region – FM
- 29.11.2017Brussels summit intensified work on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement – envoy
- 29.11.2017Costa Rica opens embassy in Baku
- 29.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Eastern Partnership summit yielded good results - UPDATED
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Pakistani FMs to hold first trilateral meeting on Nov. 30
- 28.11.2017Vladimir Dorokhin: I came to Azerbaijan with clear political instruction