EU hopes for compromise in adopting declaration of upcoming Eastern Partnership summit
The European Union hopes a compromise will be achieved during the adoption of the declaration at the Eastern Partnership summit to be held in Brussels, said Johannes Hahn, European Commissioner for European Neighborhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations.
He made the remarks during a media roundtable held as part of the 4th Eastern Partnership Business Forum Digital Economy: Innovative Platform for Transparent Borderless Business in Tallinn, APA reported.
Recalling the last Eastern Partnership summit in Riga, the commissioner said that everyone should take lesson from the last summit in order to avoid some disagreements.
"I advice always to refrain as much as possible from confrontational languages and really focus on concret deliverables whis is in the fundamenral interest of citizens .I hope we can find a compromise between our basic needs. I think it is achievable", he added.
Hahn note that negotiations are underway with six countries on the declaration.
"I expect that this decloration can be concluded hopefully by the mid of November. I would like to see an agreement which holds also at the event itself. Because last time we had very difficult situation during the event and it was close to collapse. This is something we should avoid this time," noted the commissioner.
He went on to add that the problems have not changed from the last summit and even not from the summit before the last summit.
"This are well known. We will not resolve this kind of conflicts and problems with such a declaration," he concluded
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018Azerbaijani President meets with UK Prime Minister
- 26.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with British MPs
- 26.04.2018Conference on future of Turkey-Russia relations kicks off in Antalya
- 26.04.2018PACE investigation body’s corruption report lacks ‘real facts’ – Azerbaijani MP
- 26.04.2018British minister: Ilham Aliyev’s re-election as president will ensure continuation of Azerbaijan’s rapid development
- 26.04.2018Head of Azerbaijani delegation slams corruption report by PACE Independent External Investigation Body
- 26.04.2018Allegations of corruption in PACE: Stefan Schennach objects to mention of his name in report
- 26.04.2018Angela Merkel congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.04.2018Romanian president congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Turkey
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey-Azerbaijan joint projects are of great economic and political significance
- 25.04.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan is increasing its military power also at expense of Turkish defense products
- 25.04.2018Turkey is one of world’s powers: Azerbaijani president
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey brotherhood, friendship has great future
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijan, Turkey ink six documents
- 25.04.2018Erdogan says hopes he will make first foreign visit to Azerbaijan as president after June 24 elections
- 25.04.2018Ankara hosts Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council meeting
- 25.04.2018Israeli envoy visits Guba Genocide Memorial Complex
- 25.04.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Ilham Aliyev is important person for region and whole world
- 25.04.2018Meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents kicks off in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani president officially welcomed in Ankara
- 25.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Anitkabir in Ankara
- 25.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: No countries in world are as close to each other as Azerbaijan and Turkey
- 25.04.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents dined together
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev visits Heydar Aliyev Park in Ankara
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey on official visit
- 24.04.2018UN secretary general congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 24.04.2018France’s Macron congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on presidential election victory
- 24.04.2018Azerbaijan’s consul general addresses Los Angeles Baha’i community
- 24.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian foreign intelligence chief
- 23.04.2018Azarbaijan's president to visit Turkey on Tuesday
- 23.04.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been in PACE for 18 years and no one can accuse me of corruption
- 23.04.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Afghan counterpart
- 23.04.2018Pakistani president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.04.2018Russian minister: Stability in Azerbaijan is of great importance
- 23.04.2018PACE spring session kicks off today
- 21.04.2018Georgian PM congratulates Novruz Mammadov
- 21.04.2018TANAP, TAP to play important role in ensuring Europe’s energy security – Turkish minister
- 21.04.2018Plight of Azerbaijani IDPs to be highlighted at PACE spring session
- 26.10.2017EU-Azerbaijan talks on new deal should be completed in next couple of months – Johannes Hahn
- 26.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Turkmen counterpart
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijan’s minister of emergency situations meets with Iranian economy minister
- 26.10.2017Paris to host PACE seminar
- 26.10.2017EIB allocates $8B to projects in Eastern Partnership countries
- 26.10.2017President of Kazakhstan to visit Azerbaijan