EU hopes for compromise in adopting declaration of upcoming Eastern Partnership summit
The European Union hopes a compromise will be achieved during the adoption of the declaration at the Eastern Partnership summit to be held in Brussels, said Johannes Hahn, European Commissioner for European Neighborhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations.
He made the remarks during a media roundtable held as part of the 4th Eastern Partnership Business Forum Digital Economy: Innovative Platform for Transparent Borderless Business in Tallinn, APA reported.
Recalling the last Eastern Partnership summit in Riga, the commissioner said that everyone should take lesson from the last summit in order to avoid some disagreements.
"I advice always to refrain as much as possible from confrontational languages and really focus on concret deliverables whis is in the fundamenral interest of citizens .I hope we can find a compromise between our basic needs. I think it is achievable", he added.
Hahn note that negotiations are underway with six countries on the declaration.
"I expect that this decloration can be concluded hopefully by the mid of November. I would like to see an agreement which holds also at the event itself. Because last time we had very difficult situation during the event and it was close to collapse. This is something we should avoid this time," noted the commissioner.
He went on to add that the problems have not changed from the last summit and even not from the summit before the last summit.
"This are well known. We will not resolve this kind of conflicts and problems with such a declaration," he concluded
Related news releases
- 22.01.2018PACE winter session kicks off today
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 26.10.2017EU-Azerbaijan talks on new deal should be completed in next couple of months – Johannes Hahn
- 26.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Turkmen counterpart
- 26.10.2017Azerbaijan’s minister of emergency situations meets with Iranian economy minister
- 26.10.2017Paris to host PACE seminar
- 26.10.2017EIB allocates $8B to projects in Eastern Partnership countries
- 26.10.2017President of Kazakhstan to visit Azerbaijan