EU does not import any goods or services from Nagorno-Karabakh: EU official
Azerbaijan is a major factor in the region’s stability, said Ambassador Kamil Khasiyev, representative of the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry.
He made the statement in his speech on the negotiations and the current situation in respect of settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict at the second session of the 15th meeting of the EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee in Baku on May 8, APA reports.
Khasiyev said Azerbaijan has been able to create not only bilateral but also trilateral cooperation formats.
"If we look at the format of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Georgia trilateral cooperation today, the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan oil, Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum gas pipeline, Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway line projects have been implemented. At present, the TANAP project is being implemented. The Azerbaijani-Russian-Iranian trilateral cooperation format plays a role in the formation of the North-South transport corridor. We are one of the most active participants in regional projects. I have been the ambassador of Azerbaijan to Croatia. European Union countries also have the opportunity to join the projects that Azerbaijan is a member of. One such project is TAP. Greece, Italy and Albania are among the participants in this project. By regional cooperation, we refer to other initiatives of cooperation with other regions,” he added.
Vassilis Maragos, Head of Unit at the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Neighbourhood and Enlargement Negotiations said that Azerbaijan is a member of the Eastern Partnership program.
“This is also a form of regional cooperation. The EU supports the Southern Gas Corridor project. Our trade relations with Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia are expanding within the association agreement. We hope that a new agreement with Azerbaijan will play its role in increasing trade relations. On the other hand, representation of the EU in Azerbaijan renders assistance to the country through various programs. We expect for investment programs to be implemented in transport area at the end of this year. 200 million euros have been allocated for the Eastern Partnership countries on exchange of youth at the academic level. We will cooperate with Azerbaijan in this field as well. The exchange program will last till 2020,” he noted.
Maragos emphasized that the EU does not import any goods or services from Nagorno-Karabakh.
“We are talking about the cases of abuse related to origin countries. The European Commission has sent relevant notifications to countries. From this point of view, I do not think that we demonstrate double standards on this issue. The EU does not export any goods or services from Nagorno-Karabakh,” he added.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 08.05.2018Ambassador: European companies engaged in extracting gold in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 08.05.2018EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee adopts joint statement
- 08.05.2018Sajjad Karim: Joint statement of EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting supports co-op
- 08.05.2018Bayram Safarov: Armenia busy with its own problems
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijan calls on EU to prevent activities of legal entities and individuals in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 08.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry issues statement on occupation of Shusha