Roaming agreement of Etisalat with “Karabakh Telecom” cancelled: Azerbaijani MFA
Thanks to the measures taken by Azerbaijan’s Embassy in the United Arab Emirates, the roaming agreement of the UAE mobile operator Etisalat with “Karabakh Telecom”, illegally providing services in Azerbaijan’s territories occupied by Armenia, has been cancelled, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
The spokesman noted that Armenia, in violation of the guidelines of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), also applies the international code +374 reserved for itself to the occupied Azerbaijani territories, and thus illegally interferes with Azerbaijan’s radio and telecommunication space and radio frequencies.
“Despite the fact that the International Telecommunication Union is responsible for the distribution of mobile codes and mobile network codes, “Karabakh Telecom”, in violation of ITU's Guideline No. E.212, applies “283” country code and “04” mobile network to the occupied Azerbaijani territories,” Hajiyev said.
“Karabakh Telecom” is also mentioned in corruption cases recently initiated in Armena, Hajiyev stressed.
“In accordance with international law and guidelines of the International Telecommunication Union, as well as corporative business ethics, roaming cooperation between “Karabakh Telecom”, which illegally operates in Azerbaijan’s occupied territories, and other international mobile operators will be ceased,” he added.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Managing Director of Wilmotte & Associes Architectes
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chief Executive Officer of SUEZ
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev met with President of French Senate
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Airbus vice-president for Eurasia
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Total
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Naval Group in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President meets with Executive Chairman of French Institute of International Relations in Paris
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani president arrives in France
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Azerbaijan can become ‘the main hero of a new page’ in development of economic potential of three seas
- 19.07.2018Turkish FM expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2018Baku hosts Azerbaijan-Italy business forum
- 19.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: "Italy will remain sincere, resolute and loyal partner to Azerbaijan"
- 19.07.2018President of Azerbaijan: "Cooperation between Azerbaijan and Italy successfully develops in all directions"
- 19.07.2018Azerbaijani President signs order on awarding "Shohrat" Order to Laura Mattarella
- 18.07.2018FMs of Caspian states to meet before summit of heads of state
- 18.07.2018Baku urges foreign journalists to respect Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 18.07.2018OSCE/ODIHR releases final report on Azerbaijan’s presidential election
- 18.07.2018Caspian gas ‘very important’ for Europe – Italian president
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijan, Italy ink bilateral documents
- 18.07.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Italy hold expanded meeting
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani, Italian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 18.07.2018Italian president welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2018Italian President arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 17.07.2018Russia-Azerbaijan ties ‘on the rise’ – new envoy
- 17.07.2018Date set for summit of Caspian states
- 17.07.2018Date of Azerbaijani president’s visit to Russia rescheduled
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Putin on successful organization of FIFA 2020 World Cup
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to defeat national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 25.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives chairman of Pakistani Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee - UPDATED
- 25.06.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE itself needs reforms
- 25.06.2018Georgian ambassador to Azerbaijan ends diplomatic mission
- 25.06.2018Afghanistan’s state and NGO reps expected to attend Int’l Contact Group meeting in Baku
- 25.06.2018PACE elects new president
- 25.06.2018Russian State Duma: Azerbaijan always displayed constructive position towards Karabakh conflict