Erdogan: Some bothered by delivery of Azerbaijani gas to Europe
Azerbaijani gas will be delivered to Europe, and some circles are bothered by this, said Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Erdogan made the remarks at a press conference following the 6th meeting of the Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council in Baku on Tuesday, APA reported.
The Turkish president recalled that the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway was officially inaugurated yesterday, and the 6th meeting of the Turkey-Azerbaijan High Level Strategic Cooperation Council was held today.
“All this shows how strong the relations between Turkey and Azerbaijan are. The Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) is one of the excellent examples of this,” he said.
“There were those who considered unreal the implementation of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project. Yesterday we officially inaugurated this railway. Hopefully, hundreds of thousands of people will travel through this railway. They will be able to reach London,” noted the Turkish leader.
Erdogan pointed out that the trade turnover between Turkey and Azerbaijan reached $1.6 billion.
“Recently, our ties in the sphere of the defense industry have acquired special significance. The steps we take and will take in the field of tourism and culture, education are also of great importance,” he added.
He said that Baku Expo exhibition is planned to be held in the upcoming period. “Turkey will be widely represented at this event and will share its experience on it,” Erdogan added.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 31.10.2017BTK to heighten standard of living in region – OSCE PA
- 31.10.2017Turkish president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian and Iranian presidents to meet in Tehran
- 31.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan and Turkey had joint dinner
- 31.10.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey sign several documents
- 31.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will continue to purchase military products from Turkey