Erdogan: Some bothered by delivery of Azerbaijani gas to Europe
Azerbaijani gas will be delivered to Europe, and some circles are bothered by this, said Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Erdogan made the remarks at a press conference following the 6th meeting of the Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council in Baku on Tuesday, APA reported.
The Turkish president recalled that the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway was officially inaugurated yesterday, and the 6th meeting of the Turkey-Azerbaijan High Level Strategic Cooperation Council was held today.
“All this shows how strong the relations between Turkey and Azerbaijan are. The Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) is one of the excellent examples of this,” he said.
“There were those who considered unreal the implementation of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project. Yesterday we officially inaugurated this railway. Hopefully, hundreds of thousands of people will travel through this railway. They will be able to reach London,” noted the Turkish leader.
Erdogan pointed out that the trade turnover between Turkey and Azerbaijan reached $1.6 billion.
“Recently, our ties in the sphere of the defense industry have acquired special significance. The steps we take and will take in the field of tourism and culture, education are also of great importance,” he added.
He said that Baku Expo exhibition is planned to be held in the upcoming period. “Turkey will be widely represented at this event and will share its experience on it,” Erdogan added.
Related news releases
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 17.11.2017Booking.com restarts illegal hotel reservations in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 17.11.2017Deputy FM: We try Azerbaijan’s position to be reflected in EaP summit declaration
- 17.11.2017UNICEF regional director to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Uzbek deputy PM
- 16.11.2017U.S. actively works with Azerbaijan towards ensuring global energy security – ambassador
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Kazakh first deputy PM
- 16.11.2017Moscow: Lavrov to discuss bilateral relations in Baku
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 16.11.2017Uzbek defense minister in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani, Brazilian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017Ilham Aliyev congratulates Borut Pahor on reelection as Slovenian president
- 15.11.2017UK ambassadors from regional countries to hold conference in Baku
- 15.11.2017Brazil’s position on violation of sovereignty in world based on long-term policy – FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan, Brazil agree to expand bilateral ties
- 15.11.2017FM: Brazil supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 15.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Brazilian FM
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Moldovan interior minister - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017A reception is held in Paris in honor of the nomination of Baku as a candidate city for the exhibition "Ехpо 2025"
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Palestinian President
- 14.11.2017FM Mammadyarov receives governor of Egypt’s South Sinai
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: CoE secretary general’s activity caused artificial crisis with Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Moscow on Nov. 16
- 14.11.2017Brazilian FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 31.10.2017BTK to heighten standard of living in region – OSCE PA
- 31.10.2017Turkish president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian and Iranian presidents to meet in Tehran
- 31.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan and Turkey had joint dinner
- 31.10.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey sign several documents
- 31.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will continue to purchase military products from Turkey