Erdogan: Some bothered by delivery of Azerbaijani gas to Europe
Azerbaijani gas will be delivered to Europe, and some circles are bothered by this, said Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Erdogan made the remarks at a press conference following the 6th meeting of the Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council in Baku on Tuesday, APA reported.
The Turkish president recalled that the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway was officially inaugurated yesterday, and the 6th meeting of the Turkey-Azerbaijan High Level Strategic Cooperation Council was held today.
“All this shows how strong the relations between Turkey and Azerbaijan are. The Trans-Anatolian Natural Gas Pipeline (TANAP) is one of the excellent examples of this,” he said.
“There were those who considered unreal the implementation of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project. Yesterday we officially inaugurated this railway. Hopefully, hundreds of thousands of people will travel through this railway. They will be able to reach London,” noted the Turkish leader.
Erdogan pointed out that the trade turnover between Turkey and Azerbaijan reached $1.6 billion.
“Recently, our ties in the sphere of the defense industry have acquired special significance. The steps we take and will take in the field of tourism and culture, education are also of great importance,” he added.
He said that Baku Expo exhibition is planned to be held in the upcoming period. “Turkey will be widely represented at this event and will share its experience on it,” Erdogan added.
Related news releases
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 31.10.2017BTK to heighten standard of living in region – OSCE PA
- 31.10.2017Turkish president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian and Iranian presidents to meet in Tehran
- 31.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan and Turkey had joint dinner
- 31.10.2017Azerbaijan, Turkey sign several documents
- 31.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will continue to purchase military products from Turkey