Elmar Mammadyarov: “Our expectation from the United States Administration is to bring clarity to the anti-Azerbaijan campaign by state funded institutions”
Interview by Mr.Elmar Mammadyarov, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
According to the journalistic research material provided for by APA, US State Secretary John Kerry’s office in Congress is behind the anti-Azerbaijan cam paign. As a proof, certain documents are also presented by APA. All these do not come into the meaning that United States at the state level is engaged in anti-Azerbaijan campaign?
“The ongoing situation can raise eye-brows and be of serious concern. The analyses testify that certain people in the United States under the pretext of “protection of human rights” are pursuing the deliberate anti-Azerbaijan campaign. Obviously this anti-Azerbaijan campaign by employing multiple public and media pressure tools do not only seek to harm the international reputation of Azerbaijan, but also attempts to destabilize the internal situation in Azerbaijan. Bearing in mind growing media interest to Azerbaijan vis-a-vis the first European Games these forces are attempting actively exploit the current situation for their nefarious purposes with the Cold War style propaganda.
However, they still fail to understand that such direct negative propaganda foremost affects the feelings of the people of Azerbaijan. Azerbaijani people have paid extremely high price for the current stability and prosperity. Those who are behind this campaign miscalculate the progress made by Azerbaijan through the last 10 years, including increase of GDP by 3.5 times and reduction of poverty line from more than 50 % to less than 4 %. These are the facts and the people of Azerbaijan are well aware about it.
The other point is obvious that Azerbaijan has become target of double standards, when in contravention to the international law Armenia committed occupation and aggression against Azerbaijan, adequate reaction to the fact of occupation has not been demonstrated properly. The indifference and ignorance exhibited to the violated basic rights of the Azerbaijani refugees and IDPs in strict violation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, while pretending to care about the human rights, prove that the true purpose is completely beyond the human rights and democracy.
The reason for serious concern is that almost all NGOs and other entities mentioned in these documents are working in close cooperation with the official structures of the United States and funded through the state budget. Some individuals with the very close ties with US Armenian lobby are also involved in this process.
Our expectation from the United States Administration is to bring clarity to the anti-Azerbaijan campaign by these state funded institutions. So far there is an impression that it is orchestrated by those who don’t like the development of Azerbaijan-United States ties and even they put more harm to the bilateral relations earned with the previous Administrations,” said Azerbaijani FM Elmar Mammadyarov
Related news releases
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani President arrives in Sochi for business trip
- 21.07.2017Egyptian embassy organizes official reception in Baku
- 21.07.2017Communiqué on closure of Al-Aqsa Mosque adopted at Baku conference
- 21.07.2017Ambassador: Protraction of Jerusalem problem indicates existence of double standards in int’l policy
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Hungarian ambassador
- 21.07.2017MFA: No Azerbaijani citizens injured in earthquake in Turkey, Greece
- 21.07.2017Russian, Azerbaijani presidents to meet in Sochi – Kremlin
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijan allocates $5M for development of infrastructure in East al-Quds
- 20.07.2017Firudin Hajiyev awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 20.07.2017FM Mammadyarov: OIC – a ‘unique platform’ for Azerbaijan in advancing cooperation with Muslim world
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Tajik ambassador
- 20.07.2017Int’l conference on question of Jerusalem kicks off in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to China
- 19.07.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to open up great opportunities – Azerbaijani FM
- 19.07.2017FM: Turkmenistan intends to expand relations with Azerbaijan, Turkey
- 19.07.2017Ashgabat to host fifth trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs
- 19.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 19.07.2017Ambassador: Czech Republic interested in co-op with Azerbaijan within Eastern Partnership
- 19.07.2017Visegrad Four supports soonest signing of Azerbaijan-EU deal on strategic partnership
- 19.07.2017Czech Senate delegation to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Eastern Partnership countries’ FMs to meet in September
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary in October
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen FMs mull co-op prospects
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs hold meeting in Baku
- 18.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan interested in expanding ties with Turkmenistan in all areas - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Austrian delegation - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Latvia
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "From now on Latvia and Azerbaijan are considered strategic partners"
- 17.07.2017Latvian President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan hopes for positive appellate court decision on VAK
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets speaker of Latvian parliament
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan-Latvia business forum held in Riga
- 17.07.2017Latvian president: Azerbaijan-EU ties to take more concrete form at Eastern Partnership summit
- 17.07.2017Final document on Caspian Sea’s status nearly 80% agreed - Azerbaijani FM
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-EU relations developing successfully
- 17.07.2017President Vejonis: Latvia will continue to support Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - UPDATED
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Freedom Monument in Latvia
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan, Latvia sign joint declaration on strategic partnership
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijani, Latvian presidents make press statements
- 04.05.2015Dinner reception hosted on behalf of first lady Mehriban Aliyeva in honour of spouses of participants of ADB Governors’ 48th Annual Meeting
- 05.05.2015Foreign Ministry: Azerbaijan shall never reconcile with the seizure of its territories
- 05.05.2015Iran recognizes territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan – deputy FM
- 04.05.2015President Ilham Aliyev received a delegation led by the Italian Minister of Economy and Finance
- 04.05.2015President Ilham Aliyev received a delegation led by the Japanese Deputy Prime Minister
- 04.05.2015Malaysians may not need visa to go to Azerbaijan