Elmar Mammadyarov: “Our expectation from the United States Administration is to bring clarity to the anti-Azerbaijan campaign by state funded institutions”
Interview by Mr.Elmar Mammadyarov, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
According to the journalistic research material provided for by APA, US State Secretary John Kerry’s office in Congress is behind the anti-Azerbaijan cam paign. As a proof, certain documents are also presented by APA. All these do not come into the meaning that United States at the state level is engaged in anti-Azerbaijan campaign?
“The ongoing situation can raise eye-brows and be of serious concern. The analyses testify that certain people in the United States under the pretext of “protection of human rights” are pursuing the deliberate anti-Azerbaijan campaign. Obviously this anti-Azerbaijan campaign by employing multiple public and media pressure tools do not only seek to harm the international reputation of Azerbaijan, but also attempts to destabilize the internal situation in Azerbaijan. Bearing in mind growing media interest to Azerbaijan vis-a-vis the first European Games these forces are attempting actively exploit the current situation for their nefarious purposes with the Cold War style propaganda.
However, they still fail to understand that such direct negative propaganda foremost affects the feelings of the people of Azerbaijan. Azerbaijani people have paid extremely high price for the current stability and prosperity. Those who are behind this campaign miscalculate the progress made by Azerbaijan through the last 10 years, including increase of GDP by 3.5 times and reduction of poverty line from more than 50 % to less than 4 %. These are the facts and the people of Azerbaijan are well aware about it.
The other point is obvious that Azerbaijan has become target of double standards, when in contravention to the international law Armenia committed occupation and aggression against Azerbaijan, adequate reaction to the fact of occupation has not been demonstrated properly. The indifference and ignorance exhibited to the violated basic rights of the Azerbaijani refugees and IDPs in strict violation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, while pretending to care about the human rights, prove that the true purpose is completely beyond the human rights and democracy.
The reason for serious concern is that almost all NGOs and other entities mentioned in these documents are working in close cooperation with the official structures of the United States and funded through the state budget. Some individuals with the very close ties with US Armenian lobby are also involved in this process.
Our expectation from the United States Administration is to bring clarity to the anti-Azerbaijan campaign by these state funded institutions. So far there is an impression that it is orchestrated by those who don’t like the development of Azerbaijan-United States ties and even they put more harm to the bilateral relations earned with the previous Administrations,” said Azerbaijani FM Elmar Mammadyarov
Related news releases
- 24.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: “Azerbaijan attaches primary importance to the promotion of intercultural and interreligious dialogue at all levels”
- 23.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: “Azerbaijan is and will remain committed to further development of energy cooperation in the region by realization of Southern Gas Corridor”
- 23.09.2016Serious improvement achieved in Israel-Azerbaijan political relations - former envoy
- 23.09.2016Azerbaijan, EU interested in developing bilateral relations
- 23.09.2016Austrian Airlines willing to resume flights to Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2016Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan has managed to become a pioneer in the region in initiating and enabling a number of strategic trans-regional projects"
- 22.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: “All terrorist acts are unjustifiable regardless of their motivation and Azerbaijan strongly condemns terrorism in all its forms”
- 22.09.2016UN special rapporteur proposes to create inter-ministerial committee in Azerbaijan for implementation of int’l organizations’ recommendations
- 22.09.2016Knesset says two-state solution only way to settle Israel-Palestine conflict
- 22.09.2016Nagorno-Karabakh belongs to Azerbaijan: Israeli city mayor
- 22.09.2016Comments on Preliminary Opinion by Venice Commission on draft modifications to Azerbaijani Constitution
- 22.09.2016Knesset says no political party in Israel stands against relations with Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2016Israeli Knesset stands for peaceful settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 21.09.2016Azerbaijani defense minister meets with German ambassador
- 21.09.2016Statement issued on visit of European Parliament’s delegation to Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2016“Presentation of Azerbaijan” held in Mexico
- 21.09.2016EU announces €13.5mln assistance package to Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2016PACE to send assessment mission to Azerbaijan’s constitutional referendum
- 20.09.2016Russian minister pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 20.09.2016Azerbaijani president receives Russian minister
- 20.09.2016Baku hosts 13th meeting of EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
- 20.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev explain reasons for OSCE Baku Office closure
- 20.09.2016President Aliyev: Azerbaijan does not maintain any relations with Freedom House
- 20.09.2016MEP: Azerbaijan – important country for EU
- 20.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
- 20.09.2016Solution to Palestinian issue of great importance for Israel – Foreign Ministry
- 20.09.2016Visit to Azerbaijan among Netanyahu’s priorities - Israeli MFA
- 19.09.2016Turkish Parliament Speaker: "Azerbaijan takes necessary measures against FETO"
- 19.09.2016Iran always supported Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – ambassador
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijani FM on working visit in New York
- 19.09.2016NAM Summit Final Document adopted
- 18.09.2016NAM Summit Final Document expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 17.09.2016Azerbaijani President: "We carry out large-scale projects with the CIS countries"
- 16.09.2016Official of US Department of State thanks Azerbaijan for close cooperation
- 16.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev attending CIS Council of Heads of State meeting
- 16.09.2016Iran ready to act intermediary in resolving Karabakh conflict – ambassador
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani president meet with Moldovan PM
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan, Mexico to hold political consultations
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani president arrives in Kyrgyzstan
- 16.09.2016French research company conducts opinion survey in Azerbaijan on eve of referendum
- 04.05.2015Dinner reception hosted on behalf of first lady Mehriban Aliyeva in honour of spouses of participants of ADB Governors’ 48th Annual Meeting
- 05.05.2015Foreign Ministry: Azerbaijan shall never reconcile with the seizure of its territories
- 05.05.2015Iran recognizes territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan – deputy FM
- 04.05.2015President Ilham Aliyev received a delegation led by the Italian Minister of Economy and Finance
- 04.05.2015President Ilham Aliyev received a delegation led by the Japanese Deputy Prime Minister
- 04.05.2015Malaysians may not need visa to go to Azerbaijan