Elmar Mammadyarov: “Our expectation from the United States Administration is to bring clarity to the anti-Azerbaijan campaign by state funded institutions”
Interview by Mr.Elmar Mammadyarov, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
According to the journalistic research material provided for by APA, US State Secretary John Kerry’s office in Congress is behind the anti-Azerbaijan cam paign. As a proof, certain documents are also presented by APA. All these do not come into the meaning that United States at the state level is engaged in anti-Azerbaijan campaign?
“The ongoing situation can raise eye-brows and be of serious concern. The analyses testify that certain people in the United States under the pretext of “protection of human rights” are pursuing the deliberate anti-Azerbaijan campaign. Obviously this anti-Azerbaijan campaign by employing multiple public and media pressure tools do not only seek to harm the international reputation of Azerbaijan, but also attempts to destabilize the internal situation in Azerbaijan. Bearing in mind growing media interest to Azerbaijan vis-a-vis the first European Games these forces are attempting actively exploit the current situation for their nefarious purposes with the Cold War style propaganda.
However, they still fail to understand that such direct negative propaganda foremost affects the feelings of the people of Azerbaijan. Azerbaijani people have paid extremely high price for the current stability and prosperity. Those who are behind this campaign miscalculate the progress made by Azerbaijan through the last 10 years, including increase of GDP by 3.5 times and reduction of poverty line from more than 50 % to less than 4 %. These are the facts and the people of Azerbaijan are well aware about it.
The other point is obvious that Azerbaijan has become target of double standards, when in contravention to the international law Armenia committed occupation and aggression against Azerbaijan, adequate reaction to the fact of occupation has not been demonstrated properly. The indifference and ignorance exhibited to the violated basic rights of the Azerbaijani refugees and IDPs in strict violation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, while pretending to care about the human rights, prove that the true purpose is completely beyond the human rights and democracy.
The reason for serious concern is that almost all NGOs and other entities mentioned in these documents are working in close cooperation with the official structures of the United States and funded through the state budget. Some individuals with the very close ties with US Armenian lobby are also involved in this process.
Our expectation from the United States Administration is to bring clarity to the anti-Azerbaijan campaign by these state funded institutions. So far there is an impression that it is orchestrated by those who don’t like the development of Azerbaijan-United States ties and even they put more harm to the bilateral relations earned with the previous Administrations,” said Azerbaijani FM Elmar Mammadyarov
Related news releases
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani heroes
- 13.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria is a very important partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet in Geneva on Oct. 16
- 13.10.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Bulgaria make press statements
- 13.10.2017Azerbaijani, Bulgarian presidents meet in Baku
- 13.10.2017Bulgarian president officially welcomed in Baku
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Bulgarian president to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.10.2017Iran's economy minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 04.05.2015Dinner reception hosted on behalf of first lady Mehriban Aliyeva in honour of spouses of participants of ADB Governors’ 48th Annual Meeting
- 05.05.2015Foreign Ministry: Azerbaijan shall never reconcile with the seizure of its territories
- 05.05.2015Iran recognizes territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan – deputy FM
- 04.05.2015President Ilham Aliyev received a delegation led by the Italian Minister of Economy and Finance
- 04.05.2015President Ilham Aliyev received a delegation led by the Japanese Deputy Prime Minister
- 04.05.2015Malaysians may not need visa to go to Azerbaijan