Elmar Mammadyarov: “Our expectation from the United States Administration is to bring clarity to the anti-Azerbaijan campaign by state funded institutions”
Interview by Mr.Elmar Mammadyarov, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
According to the journalistic research material provided for by APA, US State Secretary John Kerry’s office in Congress is behind the anti-Azerbaijan cam paign. As a proof, certain documents are also presented by APA. All these do not come into the meaning that United States at the state level is engaged in anti-Azerbaijan campaign?
“The ongoing situation can raise eye-brows and be of serious concern. The analyses testify that certain people in the United States under the pretext of “protection of human rights” are pursuing the deliberate anti-Azerbaijan campaign. Obviously this anti-Azerbaijan campaign by employing multiple public and media pressure tools do not only seek to harm the international reputation of Azerbaijan, but also attempts to destabilize the internal situation in Azerbaijan. Bearing in mind growing media interest to Azerbaijan vis-a-vis the first European Games these forces are attempting actively exploit the current situation for their nefarious purposes with the Cold War style propaganda.
However, they still fail to understand that such direct negative propaganda foremost affects the feelings of the people of Azerbaijan. Azerbaijani people have paid extremely high price for the current stability and prosperity. Those who are behind this campaign miscalculate the progress made by Azerbaijan through the last 10 years, including increase of GDP by 3.5 times and reduction of poverty line from more than 50 % to less than 4 %. These are the facts and the people of Azerbaijan are well aware about it.
The other point is obvious that Azerbaijan has become target of double standards, when in contravention to the international law Armenia committed occupation and aggression against Azerbaijan, adequate reaction to the fact of occupation has not been demonstrated properly. The indifference and ignorance exhibited to the violated basic rights of the Azerbaijani refugees and IDPs in strict violation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, while pretending to care about the human rights, prove that the true purpose is completely beyond the human rights and democracy.
The reason for serious concern is that almost all NGOs and other entities mentioned in these documents are working in close cooperation with the official structures of the United States and funded through the state budget. Some individuals with the very close ties with US Armenian lobby are also involved in this process.
Our expectation from the United States Administration is to bring clarity to the anti-Azerbaijan campaign by these state funded institutions. So far there is an impression that it is orchestrated by those who don’t like the development of Azerbaijan-United States ties and even they put more harm to the bilateral relations earned with the previous Administrations,” said Azerbaijani FM Elmar Mammadyarov
Related news releases
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani President attended panel discussion at Munich Security Conference
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani president meets with UN Secretary-General in Munich - UPDATED
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani FM reiterates concern and position of Azerbaijan with regard to operation of OSCE Yerevan Office in contrary to its mandate
- 18.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim in Munich - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan will never agree to independence of Nagorno-Karabakh"
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Kaspersky Lab in Munich
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijani President met with Afghan President in Munich
- 17.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan intends to expand co-op with EU - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan, Israel mull military-technical cooperation - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Munich Security Conference kicks off
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends roundtable of Munich Security Conference
- 17.02.2017US State Department official to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Ukraine - a reliable partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Saudi prince to attend 5th Global Baku Forum
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan says so-called ‘referendum’ in South Ossetia cannot produce any legal effect
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijani President pays a working visit to Germany
- 16.02.2017Russian experts explain reasons behind holding of Gerasimov-Dunford in Baku
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan, Palestine hold political consultations
- 16.02.2017‘Dunford-Gerasimov meeting in Baku indicates Azerbaijan’s growing influence’
- 16.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian justice minister - UPDATED
- 16.02.2017MP: Holding of Dunford-Gerasimov meeting in Baku indicates two big states’ trust in Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2017Baku meeting of top US, Russian military officers ‘important’ – NATO chief
- 16.02.2017Russia expects Pentagon’s position to be clarified at Baku meeting
- 16.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives chairman of US Joint Chiefs of Staff - UPDATED
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates Lithuanian counterpart on public holiday
- 15.02.2017Greek government still views SOCAR as a reliable partner – ambassador - INTERVIEW
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan: Amnesty International’s statement on Lapshin’s case – example of double standards
- 15.02.2017Ukraine’s ex-presidents to visit Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2017Russian MFA: No complaints received from Lapshin
- 15.02.2017Moscow, Baku soon to discuss Karabakh conflict settlement
- 14.02.2017PACE Monitoring Committee to discuss co-rapporteurs’ visit to Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2017Some MEPs intended to undermine Azerbaijan-EU ties: MP Seyidov
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani MP responds to Zhirinovsky: “Armenia should become a province of Azerbaijan”
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani MP criticizes French president's comments on Karabakh conflict
- 14.02.2017EU believes next round of talks with Azerbaijan will be more substantive
- 14.02.2017Mard: New EU-Azerbaijan agreement to help further strengthen bilateral co-op
- 14.02.2017Elkhan Suleymanov: Networked slanderers exposed
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijani parliamentary speaker to visit Latvia
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan’s request for Lapshin’s extradition was legal: Russian envoy
- 13.02.2017Latvia supports idea of a new EU-Azerbaijan agreement
- 04.05.2015Dinner reception hosted on behalf of first lady Mehriban Aliyeva in honour of spouses of participants of ADB Governors’ 48th Annual Meeting
- 05.05.2015Foreign Ministry: Azerbaijan shall never reconcile with the seizure of its territories
- 05.05.2015Iran recognizes territorial integrity and sovereignty of Azerbaijan – deputy FM
- 04.05.2015President Ilham Aliyev received a delegation led by the Italian Minister of Economy and Finance
- 04.05.2015President Ilham Aliyev received a delegation led by the Japanese Deputy Prime Minister
- 04.05.2015Malaysians may not need visa to go to Azerbaijan