Azerbaijani FM meets with Turkmen president
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov on Jan. 31.
Mammadyarov is paying an official visit to Turkmenistan.
The Azerbaijani FM conveyed the greetings of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev to the Turkmen president.
President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov asked to convey his greetings and the most sincere wishes to President Ilham Aliyev.
At the meeting it was noted that the official visit of the Turkmen president to Azerbaijan in 2017 and high-level political dialogue held by the heads of state of two countries gave additional impetus to the development of traditional friendship ties between our countries.
It was emphasized that Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan have firm determination in further development of traditional friendship and brotherhood relations historically existed between the peoples of two countries.
It was noted that participation of high-level delegates of Azerbaijan Railways CSC, the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR), Azerbaijan Caspian Shipping CSC and Baku International Sea Trade Port CSC and holding the working meetings with the relevant authorities of Turkmenistan provide favorable opportunities for the development of cooperation in energy and transport spheres. It was underlined that a series of documents signed especially in different fields of economy in the framework of latest official visit of the President of Turkmenistan create productive ground for the development of economical-trade relations.
Mammadyarov stated that the launch of Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway substantially increased transport capacities for the countries of the region.
It was reiterated that the development of bilateral relations between our countries in the trilateral format with the participation of Azerbaijan, Turkey and Turkmenistan serves to strengthening of regional cooperation and prosperity.
At the meeting the sides also exchanged their views on issues of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to visit Brussels
- 31.01.2018TURKPA Sec. Gen. meets with Kazakh envoy to Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018Moscow: Meddling in countries’ internal affairs is a ‘very serious issue’
- 31.01.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus to visit Azerbaijan next month
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Turkmenistan on official visit
- 30.01.2018Pardon Issues Commission under Azerbaijani President holds meeting