Azerbaijani FM meets with Turkmen president
Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov on Jan. 31.
Mammadyarov is paying an official visit to Turkmenistan.
The Azerbaijani FM conveyed the greetings of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev to the Turkmen president.
President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov asked to convey his greetings and the most sincere wishes to President Ilham Aliyev.
At the meeting it was noted that the official visit of the Turkmen president to Azerbaijan in 2017 and high-level political dialogue held by the heads of state of two countries gave additional impetus to the development of traditional friendship ties between our countries.
It was emphasized that Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan have firm determination in further development of traditional friendship and brotherhood relations historically existed between the peoples of two countries.
It was noted that participation of high-level delegates of Azerbaijan Railways CSC, the State Oil Company of the Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR), Azerbaijan Caspian Shipping CSC and Baku International Sea Trade Port CSC and holding the working meetings with the relevant authorities of Turkmenistan provide favorable opportunities for the development of cooperation in energy and transport spheres. It was underlined that a series of documents signed especially in different fields of economy in the framework of latest official visit of the President of Turkmenistan create productive ground for the development of economical-trade relations.
Mammadyarov stated that the launch of Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway substantially increased transport capacities for the countries of the region.
It was reiterated that the development of bilateral relations between our countries in the trilateral format with the participation of Azerbaijan, Turkey and Turkmenistan serves to strengthening of regional cooperation and prosperity.
At the meeting the sides also exchanged their views on issues of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to visit Brussels
- 31.01.2018TURKPA Sec. Gen. meets with Kazakh envoy to Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018Moscow: Meddling in countries’ internal affairs is a ‘very serious issue’
- 31.01.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus to visit Azerbaijan next month
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Turkmenistan on official visit
- 30.01.2018Pardon Issues Commission under Azerbaijani President holds meeting