Azerbaijani, Turkish foreign ministers meet in Baku
Azerbaijan's Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Turkish counterpart Mevlut Cavusoglu in Baku on November 30.
The ministers met on the sidelines of the first trilateral meeting of the Azerbaijani, Turkish and Pakistani foreign ministers, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
The ministers expressed their satisfaction with the high level of development of cooperation between the two brotherly countries in all fields and in various formats, as well as the strategic nature of political relations.
Furthermore, the ministers stressed the importance of high level visits by the Heads of State, particularly the participation of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, as special guest at the IX Summit of the Economic Cooperation Organization (D-8) in Istanbul on October 20, 2017 which was followed by the visit of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to Azerbaijan to attend the opening ceremony of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars Railway.
At the meeting, the results of the Sixth Meeting of the Azerbaijan-Turkey High Level Strategic Cooperation Council, which was recently held in Baku with the participation of the presidents of both countries, were commended and views were exchanged on the issues on the agenda.
The sides stressed the importance of the West-East transport Corridor and expressed confidence that the launch of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway will make a significant contribution to the development of the region and cooperation among the countries. It was noted that the project will provide ample opportunities for growing of trade turnover and people to people contacts.
The ministers emphasized the importance of the Heart of Asia- Istanbul Process and the 7th Ministerial Conference in the framework of the Process hosted by Azerbaijan.
Referring to Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Minister Mammadyarov said that contrary to the demands of the UN Security Council resolutions, presence of troops of Armenia in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan continues to pose a serious threat to the whole region and informed his counterpart on the current status of negotiation process on the settlement of the conflict.
The sides also noted that Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey, Azerbaijan-Iran-Turkey and Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan-Turkey trilateral formats are developing successfully and expressed hope that Azerbaijan-Turkey-Pakistan format will also promote the development of cooperation among our countries and will become an important platform.
The top diplomats exchanged views on regional and international issues of common interest.
- 25.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by President of American Jewish Committee
- 23.02.2018Moldovan president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018U.S. aims to help Azerbaijan become a strong, prosperous state: Ambassador Cekuta
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 30.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM Cavusoglu
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Pakistani foreign minister
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Consul General Nasimi Aghayev becomes dean of Los Angeles Consular Corps
- 30.11.2017Southern Gas Corridor is a living example of multilateral cooperation in the EU’s East
- 29.11.2017Turkish FM arrives in Baku
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani gov’t responds to Council of Europe Committee of Ministers decision on Ilgar Mammadov’s case