Azerbaijani, Turkish foreign ministers meet in Baku
Azerbaijan's Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Turkish counterpart Mevlut Cavusoglu in Baku on November 30.
The ministers met on the sidelines of the first trilateral meeting of the Azerbaijani, Turkish and Pakistani foreign ministers, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
The ministers expressed their satisfaction with the high level of development of cooperation between the two brotherly countries in all fields and in various formats, as well as the strategic nature of political relations.
Furthermore, the ministers stressed the importance of high level visits by the Heads of State, particularly the participation of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, as special guest at the IX Summit of the Economic Cooperation Organization (D-8) in Istanbul on October 20, 2017 which was followed by the visit of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan to Azerbaijan to attend the opening ceremony of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars Railway.
At the meeting, the results of the Sixth Meeting of the Azerbaijan-Turkey High Level Strategic Cooperation Council, which was recently held in Baku with the participation of the presidents of both countries, were commended and views were exchanged on the issues on the agenda.
The sides stressed the importance of the West-East transport Corridor and expressed confidence that the launch of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway will make a significant contribution to the development of the region and cooperation among the countries. It was noted that the project will provide ample opportunities for growing of trade turnover and people to people contacts.
The ministers emphasized the importance of the Heart of Asia- Istanbul Process and the 7th Ministerial Conference in the framework of the Process hosted by Azerbaijan.
Referring to Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Minister Mammadyarov said that contrary to the demands of the UN Security Council resolutions, presence of troops of Armenia in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan continues to pose a serious threat to the whole region and informed his counterpart on the current status of negotiation process on the settlement of the conflict.
The sides also noted that Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey, Azerbaijan-Iran-Turkey and Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan-Turkey trilateral formats are developing successfully and expressed hope that Azerbaijan-Turkey-Pakistan format will also promote the development of cooperation among our countries and will become an important platform.
The top diplomats exchanged views on regional and international issues of common interest.
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 30.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM Cavusoglu
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani president receives Pakistani foreign minister
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Consul General Nasimi Aghayev becomes dean of Los Angeles Consular Corps
- 30.11.2017Southern Gas Corridor is a living example of multilateral cooperation in the EU’s East
- 29.11.2017Turkish FM arrives in Baku
- 29.11.2017Azerbaijani gov’t responds to Council of Europe Committee of Ministers decision on Ilgar Mammadov’s case