Elmar Mammadyarov meets with Indian minister of state for external affairs
On November 30, Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister Elmar Mammadyarov met with Minister of State for External Affairs of India Mobashar Javed Akbar, who is on a visit to Azerbaijan to participate in the VII Ministerial Conference to be held in Baku within the framework of the "Heart of Asia" - Istanbul Process.
It was noted that the year of 2017 is marked by the 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Azerbaijan and India, and in this regard, the importance of exchanging mutual high-level visits, as well as continuation of the mechanism of political consultations between the ministries of foreign affairs for promoting bilateral political relations was emphasized, the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry told APA.
They also exchanged views on cooperation within international and regional organizations.
Mammadyarov informed the guest about the latest status of the negotiation process on the settlement of Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and stated that the conflict should be solved only within the territorial integrity, sovereignty and internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan on the basis of the UN Security Council resolutions.
Stressing the need for expanding bilateral economic relations, the sides noted good opportunities for cooperation in investment, information technology, energy, agriculture, construction, pharmacy and other spheres. In this regard, the activity of Intergovernmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific and Technological Cooperation between the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Government of the Republic of India was particularly emphasized.
It was also stressed that joining of India to the North-South transport corridor would give impetus to the strengthening of economic cooperation between the two countries. In this regard, the importance of the meetings of the Coordinating Council on the project was highlighted.
At the meeting, the sides commended "The Heart of Asia" - the Istanbul Process as an important platform for strengthening regional dialogue and building trust.
Related news releases
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 30.11.2017Afghan president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 30.11.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates Romanian counterpart
- 01.12.2017Heart of Asia - Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference kicks off in Baku
- 30.11.2017Turkish FM: Unauthorized visit to Nagorno-Karabakh is ‘a crime’
- 30.11.2017Cavusoglu: In case of increased threat from Afrin, we won’t hesitate to intervene
- 30.11.2017Turkey, Azerbaijan consider buying training aircraft from Pakistan, says FM Cavusoglu