UN calls Azerbaijan’s social-economic policy ‘exemplary’
At the meeting Mammadyarov, recalling that that last year Azerbaijan marked the 25th anniversary of its membership to the UN, briefed interlocutor about the achieved progress and pursued national policy on the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals and social-economic development in Azerbaijan.
The minister mentioned that closely cooperating with different UN institutions Azerbaijan had been elected to the UN Security Council non-permanent seat in 2012-2013 and re-elected to the UN Economic and Social Council for the term of 2017-2019.
By emphasizing Azerbaijan's active involvement into the UN global development initiatives, he expressed satisfaction with the participation of Azerbaijan at the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda. To this end Minister Mammadyarov underlined that numerous state programs were endorsed in order to adapt national development strategy with the Sustainable Development Goals.
Mammadyarov informed his interlocutor about the negotiation process on the settlement of Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and stressed that the conflict should be resettled within the framework of Azerbaijan's territorial integrity, sovereignty and its internationally-recognized borders based on the relevant UN Security Council's resolutions.
Michael Møller said that Azerbaijan is one of the active UN members and its rapid development and social-economic policy is exemplary. Noting that serious work has been carried out in Azerbaijan in relation to the "2030: Sustainable Development Goals", Møller stressed that Azerbaijan's experience should be further promoted within the framework of the UN.
Mammadyarov said that "Thoughts and Desires" monument erected as a donation of Azerbaijan to the UN Office in Geneva on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of Azerbaijan's membership to the United Nations, symbolizes existing fruitful cooperation.
Furthermore the sides exchanged views on other issues of mutual interest.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 28.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Egyptian ambassador
- 28.02.2018Azerbaijan represented at Peace Conference in Afghanistan
- 28.02.2018USAID official comments on reports of possible reduction of financial aid to Azerbaijan
- 28.02.2018FM Mammadyarov highlights importance of release of Azerbaijani hostages at meeting with ICRC president
- 28.02.2018The event of the Armenian Diaspora organizations in the European Parliament failured
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijan changes e-visa issuance procedure