Development of economic co-op and trade relations discussed at Baku Silk Road conference
A panel session on the theme “Strengthening mutually beneficial economic cooperation and trade relations” was held as part of the international conference of the Silk Road Support Group of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly in Baku March 13, APA reports.
Deputy Minister of Economy of Azerbaijan Niyazi Safarov said in his speech that Silk Road plays an important role in providing access to the market for new countries and that Azerbaijan is trying to make the Silk Road attractive for suppliers.
Vice-President of the OSCE PA, Romanian MP Victor Paul Dobre noted that Romania has established strategic partnership relations with Azerbaijan, and that in 2009 a memorandum was signed between the two countries.
"The OSCE considers it important to encourage economic cooperation between the Black Sea, Caucasus and Central Asia regions,” he said.
Boleslav Pirshtuk, head of the Belarusian delegation to the OSCE PA, said that the relations between Belarus and China have reached a level of strategic partnership.
He noted that Belarus plays a role of the major transport and logistics center in the Eurasian region.
“Over 100 million tons of cargo is transported from Belarus annually. About 90 percent of these loads are transported to Russia and Europe. Belarus-China High-Tech Park has been established near Minsk. The Silk Road is also favorable in terms of creating an innovative economy. The goal of Belarus is to become one of the 30 most favorable countries for business,” Pirshtuk added.
Roman Haider, a member of the Austrian delegation to the OSCE PA, said that the development of economic cooperation is among Austria’s priorities.
The Austrian MP also proposed establishing the Silk Road Day.
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijan president signs pardon order
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Legal status of Caspian Sea to be discussed in Astana on May 21-24
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: No one will accept such Council of Europe
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to King of Norway
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been interrogated for 3 hours
- 13.03.2018FM: Good governance in transport and trade facilitation is a priority of Azerbaijani gov’t
- 13.03.2018Tsereteli: Decision on OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus to be made in coming weeks - EXCLUSIVE
- 13.03.2018Romania sees Azerbaijan as a country contributing to regional stability – vice prime minister - UPDATED
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA to observe upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018George Tsereteli: Economic cooperation among OSCE priorities
- 13.03.2018North-South Corridor important for establishing direct connection between India, Azerbaijan – envoy