Lotfi Zadeh’s body to be sent to Azerbaijan in coming days – consul general
Azerbaijan’s Consulate General maintained constant contact with prominent scientist Lotfi Zadeh, his son and other people around him until the scientist’s last days in life, Consul General Nasimi Agayev told APA.
According to the diplomat, work on processing the documents necessary to send the scientist's body to his homeland is coming to an end.
"The professor's body is to be sent to Baku in the coming days,” he said.
Agayev noted that the death of Lotfi Zadeh became a loss not only for Azerbaijan, but for the whole world.
"The scientist’s discoveries and theories have earned him worldwide recognition. It is no coincidence that the New York Times, one of the most famous American publications, wrote in an article dedicated to the scientist that his theory of "fuzzy logic" has had a huge impact on various areas, including linguistics, economics, medicine, and the development of household appliances. I was fortunate enough to talk with him more than once and I can say that Lotfi Zadeh was not only an outstanding scientist, but also he was a great man, distinguished by modesty, simplicity and kindness,” he added.
The consul general said that Lotfi Zadeh always rejoiced for the successes of Azerbaijan.
“He always emphasized his delight as an Azerbaijani for the development of Azerbaijan, its growing strength under Ilham Aliyev’s leadership. Professor Lotfi Zadeh often said that Azerbaijan has its special place in his heart. In order for the Golden Medal named after Nizami Ganjavi to be presented to Lotfi Zadeh, our Consulate General held a joint event with Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences in September 2016 at the University of California, Berkeley, where Lotfi Zadeh worked. Professor Lotfi Zadeh said at the event that he highly appreciates the constant attention from the Azerbaijani government and that he is proud of Azerbaijan’s successes as an independent country,” he added.
Related news releases
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijani President attends state banquet at UN headquarters
- 20.09.2017Benjamin Netanyahu: “Israel expanded corporation with Azerbaijan" - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017China, Azerbaijan consider education a priority area – ambassador
- 19.09.2017PACE co-rapporteurs make statement following their visit to Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with representatives of American Jewish organizations in New York
- 18.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with chairman of Foundation for Ethnic Understanding in New York
- 17.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in the United States for visit
- 15.09.2017First Vice President Mehriban Aliyeva meets with French Minister of State attached to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Mexican counterpart
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan checking if its citizens among London underground attack victims
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani FM meets Lao president
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets French Secretary of State to Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs
- 14.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives PACE co-rapporteurs - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017Moscow hosts int’l conference on Azerbaijan-Russia relations - UPDATED
- 14.09.2017UK hails Azerbaijan’s clear stance on counterterrorism
- 14.09.2017Alan Duncan: British PM intends to meet Azerbaijani president soon
- 14.09.2017UK says new ACG contract will greatly contribute to Azerbaijan’s economy
- 14.09.2017Russia’s ruling party welcomes creation of ‘Moscow-Baku axis’
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani defense minister visits Israel’s leading defense industry enterprises
- 14.09.2017US companies continue support for Azerbaijan’s key role in global energy security
- 14.09.2017Azerbaijani president meets with Turkish energy minister
- 14.09.2017Ambassador Cekuta: US-Azerbaijan co-op covers three equally important areas
- 14.09.2017PACE PA co-rapporteurs arrive in Azerbaijan
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Switzerland
- 13.09.2017Japanese PM sends letter to Azerbaijani president on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations between two countries
- 12.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Hungary one of closest friends, partners of Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 12.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives new Tajik ambassador
- 12.09.2017Dutch ambassador comments on decisions about Mehman Aliyev, Alexander Lapshin
- 12.09.2017EU, Azerbaijan hold discussions on close partnership, says Dutch ambassador
- 11.09.2017Nghiem Vu Khai and Nguyen Vu Ha Len awarded Taraggi Medal of Azerbaijan
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani FM receives new EU delegation head
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani FM to visit Vietnam, Lao PDR
- 11.09.2017Israeli ambassador positively assesses pardon of Alexander Lapshin
- 11.09.2017Itinerary of PACE co-rapporteurs’ Azerbaijan visit made public
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani FM receives Spain’s new charge d’affaires
- 11.09.2017Tehran: Summit of Iranian, Azerbaijani, Russian presidents to focus on discussion of regional, int’l issues
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by secretary of Vietnam Communist Party
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijan, S. Korea mark 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 10.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani in Astana - UPDATED
- 10.09.2017Azerbaijani President: We resolutely condemn massacre and mass violence against Muslims in Myanmar
- 13.09.2017No date set for Erdogan’s visit to Azerbaijan – ambassador
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Vietnam will benefit from North-South transport corridor
- 13.09.2017UK minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev recalls head of Azerbaijani mission to NATO
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Turkey
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president says he’s confident new agreement with EU will be signed soon - UPDATED