Lotfi Zadeh’s body to be sent to Azerbaijan in coming days – consul general
Azerbaijan’s Consulate General maintained constant contact with prominent scientist Lotfi Zadeh, his son and other people around him until the scientist’s last days in life, Consul General Nasimi Agayev told APA.
According to the diplomat, work on processing the documents necessary to send the scientist's body to his homeland is coming to an end.
"The professor's body is to be sent to Baku in the coming days,” he said.
Agayev noted that the death of Lotfi Zadeh became a loss not only for Azerbaijan, but for the whole world.
"The scientist’s discoveries and theories have earned him worldwide recognition. It is no coincidence that the New York Times, one of the most famous American publications, wrote in an article dedicated to the scientist that his theory of "fuzzy logic" has had a huge impact on various areas, including linguistics, economics, medicine, and the development of household appliances. I was fortunate enough to talk with him more than once and I can say that Lotfi Zadeh was not only an outstanding scientist, but also he was a great man, distinguished by modesty, simplicity and kindness,” he added.
The consul general said that Lotfi Zadeh always rejoiced for the successes of Azerbaijan.
“He always emphasized his delight as an Azerbaijani for the development of Azerbaijan, its growing strength under Ilham Aliyev’s leadership. Professor Lotfi Zadeh often said that Azerbaijan has its special place in his heart. In order for the Golden Medal named after Nizami Ganjavi to be presented to Lotfi Zadeh, our Consulate General held a joint event with Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences in September 2016 at the University of California, Berkeley, where Lotfi Zadeh worked. Professor Lotfi Zadeh said at the event that he highly appreciates the constant attention from the Azerbaijani government and that he is proud of Azerbaijan’s successes as an independent country,” he added.
Related news releases
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit gets underway in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Alan Duncan: BTK and SGC projects – visible signs of extraordinary co-op between UK and Azerbaijan over past 25 years
- 24.11.2017EaP countries’ leaders officially welcomed in Brussels
- 24.11.2017Eastern Partnership summit to set new goals for future partnership – EU envoy
- 24.11.2017Brussels to host Eastern Partnership summit
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev invites NATO Sec-Gen to Azerbaijan
- 23.11.2017NATO calls on Azerbaijan to step up security sector reform
- 23.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will continue partnership with NATO to provide stability in region
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Benelux countries agree on visa exemption for service passport holders
- 23.11.2017EU hopes talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan will be finalized next year
- 23.11.2017CMO chairman expresses support for Russia’s anti-ISIL operations
- 23.11.2017EU commissioner: ‘BTK project is in our interest’
- 23.11.2017Johannes Hahn: Eastern Partnership Declaration to be signed tomorrow
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijan, Japan hold political consultations
- 23.11.2017EU says aviation agreement with Azerbaijan will definitely enhance co-op in this sector
- 23.11.2017Azerbaijani president attends NATO's North Atlantic Council meeting
- 23.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev, NATO Sec-Gen Stoltenberg make press statements
- 22.11.2017Head of Azerbaijani PA delivers lecture at meeting of secretaries of CIS security councils
- 22.11.2017Georgian President and PM congratulate President Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 22.11.2017Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents to meet in Brussels
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani MPs to attend PACE events
- 21.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan supports combating all forms of terrorism
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates Lebanese counterpart
- 21.11.2017EU concerned over unresolved conflicts in Eastern Partnership region
- 21.11.2017Fuad Isgandarov: EU attitude towards Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity to change soon
- 20.11.2017Top diplomats from Caspian states to meet in Moscow on December 4-5
- 20.11.2017New EU strategy puts emphasis on ties with neighboring countries – envoy
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Russian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 20.11.2017Baku to host meeting of Russia-Azerbaijan intergovernmental commission on military-technical co-op
- 20.11.2017Lavrov comments on possible creation of Azerbaijan-Turkey-Russia co-op format
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: ‘Menu’ on Karabakh conflict settlement on negotiating table
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani, Pakistani, Turkish FMs to meet in Baku
- 20.11.2017Russia to host ministerial meeting on Caspian Sea legal status
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan, Russia sign document on 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 20.11.2017Russia would welcome Azerbaijan’s accession to Eurasian Economic Union, says Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Russia, Azerbaijan are strategic partners
- 19.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian FM
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Latvian counterpart
- 17.11.2017Meeting of EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee on cooperation to take place in December
- 17.11.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM says talks on new agreement with EU can be finished next year
- 13.09.2017No date set for Erdogan’s visit to Azerbaijan – ambassador
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Vietnam will benefit from North-South transport corridor
- 13.09.2017UK minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev recalls head of Azerbaijani mission to NATO
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Turkey
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president says he’s confident new agreement with EU will be signed soon - UPDATED