Lotfi Zadeh’s body to be sent to Azerbaijan in coming days – consul general
Azerbaijan’s Consulate General maintained constant contact with prominent scientist Lotfi Zadeh, his son and other people around him until the scientist’s last days in life, Consul General Nasimi Agayev told APA.
According to the diplomat, work on processing the documents necessary to send the scientist's body to his homeland is coming to an end.
"The professor's body is to be sent to Baku in the coming days,” he said.
Agayev noted that the death of Lotfi Zadeh became a loss not only for Azerbaijan, but for the whole world.
"The scientist’s discoveries and theories have earned him worldwide recognition. It is no coincidence that the New York Times, one of the most famous American publications, wrote in an article dedicated to the scientist that his theory of "fuzzy logic" has had a huge impact on various areas, including linguistics, economics, medicine, and the development of household appliances. I was fortunate enough to talk with him more than once and I can say that Lotfi Zadeh was not only an outstanding scientist, but also he was a great man, distinguished by modesty, simplicity and kindness,” he added.
The consul general said that Lotfi Zadeh always rejoiced for the successes of Azerbaijan.
“He always emphasized his delight as an Azerbaijani for the development of Azerbaijan, its growing strength under Ilham Aliyev’s leadership. Professor Lotfi Zadeh often said that Azerbaijan has its special place in his heart. In order for the Golden Medal named after Nizami Ganjavi to be presented to Lotfi Zadeh, our Consulate General held a joint event with Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences in September 2016 at the University of California, Berkeley, where Lotfi Zadeh worked. Professor Lotfi Zadeh said at the event that he highly appreciates the constant attention from the Azerbaijani government and that he is proud of Azerbaijan’s successes as an independent country,” he added.
Related news releases
- 23.01.2018Davos Economic Forum kicks off today
- 23.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with Royal Philips CEO
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with founder of BlackRock in Davos
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with vice president of Chevron Corporation
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with LUKOIL president in Davos
- 22.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with President of the World Economic Forum in Davos - UPDATED
- 22.01.2018Council of Europe Sec. Gen. positively assesses measures taken in Azerbaijan to humanize penalties
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani-Korean inter-parliamentary working group to visit Baku
- 22.01.2018Azerbaijani MP elected PACE vice-president
- 22.01.2018Michele Nicoletti elected new PACE President
- 22.01.2018PACE winter session kicks off today
- 20.01.2018Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in February
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Georgia to hold talks on border delimitation
- 20.01.2018Azerbaijan, Russia to discuss state border demarcation
- 19.01.2018PACE Sub-Committee on Conflicts to be reconstituted
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani delegation to attend PACE winter session
- 19.01.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Uzbek counterpart
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 13.09.2017No date set for Erdogan’s visit to Azerbaijan – ambassador
- 13.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Vietnam will benefit from North-South transport corridor
- 13.09.2017UK minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 12.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev recalls head of Azerbaijani mission to NATO
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Turkey
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani president says he’s confident new agreement with EU will be signed soon - UPDATED