Conference on future of Turkey-Russia relations kicks off in Antalya
A conference, titled “The Future of Turkey-Russia relations in Rising Eurasia”, kicked off in Antalya's resort town of Belek on April 25.
The conference, organized by Turkey’s International Cooperation Platform, brought together famous business figures, politicians, officials and media representatives from the two countries, APA reports.
Among the participants are Turkish Deputy Minister of Economy Fatih Metin, Mayor of Antalya Metropolitan Municipality Menderes Turel, Russian Ambassador to Ankara Alexei Yerkhov, Sergey Baburin, who was nominated for the last presidential election in Russia, Chairman of the Russian-Turkish Cooperation Council Ahmet Palankoev, political scientist Alexander Dugin, Burhanettin Duran, general coordinator of Turkey's leading think tank, the Foundation for Political, Economic and Social Research (SETA), Secretary General of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation Mahmud Erol Kilic and others, including representatives of Azerbaijani media.
The meeting is focusing on the current state and prospects of relations between Russia and Turkey in the economic, energy, tourism, defense industry, banking and finance, education, and other fields.
Addressing the conference, Sergey Baburin, leader of the Russian All-People's Union emphasized the need to further deepen the developing relations between Russia and Turkey.
He noted that Russian and Turkish citizens should understand each other well.
"Relations in humanitarian, cultural spheres, as well as economic and commercial cooperation should be strengthened. We appreciate the steps taken by the presidents of the two countries to bring us closer together. But third forces are not interested in our cooperation," Baburin said.
Baburin called for the creation of a fair world order.
"Everything is, of course, not so simple. Therefore, it is necessary to regulate relations with neighboring countries. In this case, Russia and Turkey could play a role as a connecting line for Europe, and thanks to Turkey, it would be possible for Russia to resolve the disputes with the EU," he added.
Baburin wished success to investors, economists, officials, and Russians working in Turkey.
Later, a well-known political scientist, public figure Alexander Dugin, who is one of the ideologists of Eurasianism movement in Russia, addressed the conference. He said that when talking about Eurasia-Russia relations, it is necessary to take into account not only the Orthodox and Slavic world, but all the civilizations.
“Achievement of understanding in politics or economy is not the main thing. Presidents achieve this by understanding. But societies should not stay away from this cooperation. Otherwise, our projects will fail. The same is true for Azerbaijan. Currently, the Azerbaijani-Russian relations are developing very well,” the scientist noted.
Dugin recalled that Turks and Russians have been competing to represent Eurasia throughout history.
“There was another empire that wished to be a passage between West and East. This was Iranian empire. And these three forces – Iran, Russia and Turkey were fighting for control of Eurasia. As a result, we lost in this competition, but Europe won,” he added.
The conference is underway.
- 26.05.2018Ogtay Asadov attends events dedicated to centenary of first Georgian republic
- 26.05.2018Emmanuel Macron: France to do its utmost for fair resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 26.05.2018Italian president congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Finnish President congratulates Ilham Aliyev
- 26.05.2018Azerbaijan’s parliamentary speaker starts visit to Georgia
- 26.05.2018San Diego proclaims May 28 as “100th Anniversary of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic Day”
- 26.05.2018Mayor of Cleveland signs proclamation designating May 28 as Centennial Celebration of the Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 25.05.2018Japan’s Emperor Akihito congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 25.05.2018Jamestown Foundation dedicates article to centenary of Azerbaijani Democratic Republic
- 25.05.2018Los Angeles celebrates 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 24.05.2018Consultations held in Astana concerning Caspian legal status
- 24.05.2018Chinese president: Azerbaijan’s int’l status and influence growing day after day
- 24.05.2018Putin: Azerbaijan enjoys great authority in int’l community
- 24.05.2018Azerbaijani president pardons 634 people - UPDATED
- 24.05.2018Ambassador: French FM’s upcoming visit to Azerbaijan will be contribution to ADR centenary
- 24.05.2018Donald Trump sends congratulatory letter to Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 26.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with British MPs
- 27.04.2018UK's May congratulates Ilham Aliyev on victory in presidential election - UPDATED
- 27.04.2018Trump sends letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 26.04.2018PACE investigation body’s corruption report lacks ‘real facts’ – Azerbaijani MP
- 26.04.2018British minister: Ilham Aliyev’s re-election as president will ensure continuation of Azerbaijan’s rapid development
- 26.04.2018Head of Azerbaijani delegation slams corruption report by PACE Independent External Investigation Body