Conference on Azerbaijan-Turkey-Georgia trilateral co-op kicks off in Tbilisi
A conference, titled “Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey: Global and Regional Determinants of Trilateral Cooperation,” kicked off in Tbilisi on Tuesday.
Addressing the conference, the director of the Center for Strategic Studies under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Farhad Mammadov, hailed the dynamic development of cooperation between Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey, an APA correspondent reported from Tbilisi.
He noted that last year was remembered by significant events in the field of trilateral cooperation.
“Last year the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway was launched, and the foreign ministers of the three countries held a meeting. All this shows that regional integration is developing with positive dynamics,” Mammadov said.
According to Mammadov, the strategic goal of the three countries is restoration of territorial integrity.
"It is very important that Georgia supports Azerbaijan's position on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict against the background of double standards of great forces," he added.
Speaking at the conference, the president of the Georgian Foundation for Strategic and International Studies (GFSIS), Yekaterina Metreveli, said relations between the three countries are developing at a high level.
"The level of trilateral relations between the countries is based on mutual interests. The economic projects being implemented with the participation of these three countries create a great opportunity for the whole world," she said.
The expert noted that Georgia appreciates Azerbaijan's support.
"After Syria’s recognition of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, Azerbaijan once again expressed support for Georgia's territorial integrity,” Metreveli stressed.
Metreveli noted that the three countries should further strengthen joint efforts to minimize existing threats in the modern world.
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 08.06.2018Gambia supports Azerbaijan’s position on Karabakh conflict settlement – FM
- 08.06.2018FM: Gambian president resolutely condemns occupation of Azerbaijani lands by Armenia - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan arrives in Baku
- 05.06.2018Tengiz Pkhaladze: Georgia-Azerbaijan-Turkey partnership – an ‘oxygen corridor’ between East and West
- 05.06.2018Ambassador reveals 2017 mutual investment figures between Azerbaijan and UK
- 05.06.2018EU says ‘progress’ seen in talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan
- 04.06.2018New OSCE chairman assumes office
- 04.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: Unsettled issues between Azerbaijan and Iran were solved through joint efforts - UPDATED
- 04.06.2018Azerbaijan’s PACE delegation includes two new members