Communiqué on closure of Al-Aqsa Mosque adopted at Baku conference
The Committee on the Exercise of the Inalienable Rights of the Palestinian People and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation have adopted a joint communiqué protesting the closure of Al-Aqsa Mosque.
The participants of the international conference in Baku dedicated to the issue of Jerusalem condemned the closure of Al-Aqsa Mosque and the ban on Jumah prayers.
"The imposition of such restrictions by Israel, which is an invader, violates the status quo and international law. This is an aggression against those who wish to visit the holy sites found in Jerusalem and an attack on the rights of the Palestinian people.
It is said in the communiqué that provocations, attacks and violations of law against the religious people of Palestine complicate tension and the atmosphere of religious sensitivity and should be stopped immediately. The participants of the conference called on the international community to respect the status quo by pressuring Israel government and called for removal of the metal detectors.
The communiqué calls on all the interested sides to take steps aimed at reducing the tension.
The conference participants think that the end of Israeli occupation in Palestine can lead to lasting peace.
Related news releases
- 23.03.2018Latvia: 'I think highly of voting process in Azerbaijan'
- 23.03.2018Date and agenda of PACE spring session announced
- 23.03.2018Flag hoisting ceremony held in Pakistani embassy in Azerbaijan
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 25.09.2014US Embassy: The first direct flight from Azerbaijan to the US will strengthen bonds of friendship between our two countries
- 25.09.2014Azerbaijan and OSCE sign MoU on OSCE Project Coordinator in Baku
- 25.09.2014UNDP Administrator to visit Azerbaijan
- 24.09.2014PACE President Anne Brasseur: “The Ukrainian crisis and the Nagorno Karabakh conflict are different issues”
- 24.09.2014PACE President holds press conference on results of visit to Azerbaijan
- 24.09.2014Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan is a country committed to fundamental democratic values, where civil society is developed and all the freedoms are protected