Baku to host PACE Committee meeting March 15
The PACE Committee on Migration, Refugees and Displaced Persons will hold its next meeting in Baku March 15.
Cezar Florin Preda, co-rapporteur for the monitoring of Azerbaijan will arrive in Baku to attend the meeting, said a message posted of the Assembly’s website.
Sahiba Gafarova, Chairperson of the Committee on Migration, Refugees and Displaced Persons and Samad Seyidov, Head of the Delegation of Azerbaijan to PACE will deliver speeches at the opening of the meting.
Then, exchange of views will be held with the participation of Minister for Foreign Affairs Elmar Mammadyarov, Minister of Education Mikayil Jabbarov, Chairperson of the State Committee for Family, Woman and Children affairs Hijran Huseynova, Chief of the State Migration Service Firudin Nabiyev, Head of the Council of Europe Office in Azerbaijan Dragana Filipović, Ambassador, Head of the Delegation of the European Union to Azerbaijan Malena Mard, representative of the UNHCR in Azerbaijan Furio De Angelis.
The participants will pay a visit to a settlement built for IDPs in the Mushvigabad district of Baku and have a meeting with Ali Hasanov, Deputy Prime Minister, Chairperson of the State Committee of Affairs of Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons.
The meeting will be continued on March 16, co-rapporteurs will present several reports.
Related news releases
- 29.04.2017Book of condolences to be opened at Kyrgyz embassy in Baku tomorrow
- 29.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Qatar’s ex-PM
- 29.04.2017Brussels to host EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee meeting
- 28.04.2017Baku comments on Zakharova’s statement on Azerbaijani journalists
- 28.04.2017Secretary General Sawicki’s secret intelligence service in PACE - ARTICLE
- 28.04.2017Azerbaijan says Turkey referendum is sign of people’s confidence in leadership
- 28.04.2017NATO allocates 100,000 euro for clearance of unexploded ordnance in Jeyranchel
- 27.04.2017Azerbaijanis stage protest outside Council of Europe headquarters
- 27.04.2017Italian ambassador to Azerbaijan to end his tenure this summer
- 27.04.2017Lithuanian MPs adopt statement condemning Khojaly Genocide
- 26.04.2017France says supports signing of new Azerbaijan-EU agreement
- 26.04.2017Ambassador: No facts confirming Azerbaijani companies’ participation in Yalta economic forum - UPDATED
- 26.04.2017EU says Baku talks on new agreement with Azerbaijan were ‘productive’
- 26.04.2017General: Turkey always stands by Azerbaijan
- 26.04.2017Novruz Mammadov accuses US politician of spreading false information
- 26.04.2017Metsamor – the only nuclear plant based on Chernobyl technology: Azerbaijani MFA
- 25.04.2017Samad Seyidov: Future of Council of Europe is under question
- 25.04.2017Bazhanov: Russia intends to strengthen relations with post-Soviet countries, including Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijan provides humanitarian aid to Yemen
- 25.04.2017PACE holds hearing on Agramunt’s recent visit to Syria
- 25.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of new Japanese ambassador - UPDATED
- 25.04.2017Azerbaijani Delegation to PACE opposes call to reopen monitoring procedure in respect of Turkey
- 25.04.2017Trump cuts financial aid to Azerbaijan
- 25.04.2017BSEC committee meeting underway in Baku - UPDATED
- 25.04.2017Candidates for post of UNESCO Director-General to be interviewed
- 24.04.2017Russian Foreign Ministry responds to request on measures to protect Russian citizen Dilgam Asgarov
- 24.04.2017CoE Committee of Ministers urges Armenia, Azerbaijan to avoid further escalation
- 24.04.2017Armenian provocation prevented at Dubai tourism exhibition
- 24.04.2017Hamid Aboutalebi: Iran-Azerbaijan ties to develop further
- 24.04.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for Lithuania
- 22.04.2017Moroccan FM to visit Azerbaijan
- 22.04.2017Delegation of Azerbaijani parliament to attend PACE spring session
- 22.04.2017Azerbaijani president receives former Austrian president
- 21.04.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives FIDE president - UPDATED
- 21.04.2017Ukrainian police take control of hijacking of Azerbaijani trucks – embassy
- 20.04.2017Top official: Azerbaijan has become leader in South Caucasus
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia hold consultations on state border delimitation
- 19.04.2017Azerbaijan gets status of guest at OECD Development Assistance Committee
- 19.04.2017Ilham Aliyev: Talks on new EU-Azerbaijan agreement – important step to develop bilateral cooperation - UPDATED
- 18.04.2017Mard: EU looking forward to next round of talks with Azerbaijan
- 14.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenian president had better focus on terrible economic situation in country, instead of telling tales
- 14.03.2017Official welcome ceremony held for Azerbaijani president in Paris
- 14.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets with president of French Senate
- 13.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Our relations with France are important"
- 13.03.2017Azerbaijan doesn’t recognize results of so-called parliamentary elections held in Abkhazia
- 13.03.2017Iran urges Armenia, Azerbaijan to avoid further escalation of tension