Baku to host PACE Committee meeting March 15
The PACE Committee on Migration, Refugees and Displaced Persons will hold its next meeting in Baku March 15.
Cezar Florin Preda, co-rapporteur for the monitoring of Azerbaijan will arrive in Baku to attend the meeting, said a message posted of the Assembly’s website.
Sahiba Gafarova, Chairperson of the Committee on Migration, Refugees and Displaced Persons and Samad Seyidov, Head of the Delegation of Azerbaijan to PACE will deliver speeches at the opening of the meting.
Then, exchange of views will be held with the participation of Minister for Foreign Affairs Elmar Mammadyarov, Minister of Education Mikayil Jabbarov, Chairperson of the State Committee for Family, Woman and Children affairs Hijran Huseynova, Chief of the State Migration Service Firudin Nabiyev, Head of the Council of Europe Office in Azerbaijan Dragana Filipović, Ambassador, Head of the Delegation of the European Union to Azerbaijan Malena Mard, representative of the UNHCR in Azerbaijan Furio De Angelis.
The participants will pay a visit to a settlement built for IDPs in the Mushvigabad district of Baku and have a meeting with Ali Hasanov, Deputy Prime Minister, Chairperson of the State Committee of Affairs of Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons.
The meeting will be continued on March 16, co-rapporteurs will present several reports.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2017Azerbaijani, Russian presidents discuss Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 21.07.2017Meeting of Presidents of Russia and Azerbaijan held in Sochi
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrived in Russia for working visit
- 21.07.2017Egyptian embassy organizes official reception in Baku
- 21.07.2017Communiqué on closure of Al-Aqsa Mosque adopted at Baku conference
- 21.07.2017Ambassador: Protraction of Jerusalem problem indicates existence of double standards in int’l policy
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Hungarian ambassador
- 21.07.2017MFA: No Azerbaijani citizens injured in earthquake in Turkey, Greece
- 21.07.2017Russian, Azerbaijani presidents to meet in Sochi – Kremlin
- 21.07.2017Azerbaijan allocates $5M for development of infrastructure in East al-Quds
- 20.07.2017Firudin Hajiyev awarded Order ‘For Service to the Motherland’
- 20.07.2017FM Mammadyarov: OIC – a ‘unique platform’ for Azerbaijan in advancing cooperation with Muslim world
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani FM receives outgoing Tajik ambassador
- 20.07.2017Int’l conference on question of Jerusalem kicks off in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to China
- 19.07.2017Baku-Tbilisi-Kars project to open up great opportunities – Azerbaijani FM
- 19.07.2017FM: Turkmenistan intends to expand relations with Azerbaijan, Turkey
- 19.07.2017Ashgabat to host fifth trilateral meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs
- 19.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Turkish FM - UPDATED
- 19.07.2017Ambassador: Czech Republic interested in co-op with Azerbaijan within Eastern Partnership
- 19.07.2017Visegrad Four supports soonest signing of Azerbaijan-EU deal on strategic partnership
- 19.07.2017Czech Senate delegation to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Eastern Partnership countries’ FMs to meet in September
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Hungary in October
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs meet in Baku
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen FMs mull co-op prospects
- 19.07.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen, Turkish FMs hold meeting in Baku
- 18.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan interested in expanding ties with Turkmenistan in all areas - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Austrian delegation - UPDATED
- 18.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev completes official visit to Latvia
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "From now on Latvia and Azerbaijan are considered strategic partners"
- 17.07.2017Latvian President hosted official reception for President of Azerbaijan
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan hopes for positive appellate court decision on VAK
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets speaker of Latvian parliament
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan-Latvia business forum held in Riga
- 17.07.2017Latvian president: Azerbaijan-EU ties to take more concrete form at Eastern Partnership summit
- 17.07.2017Final document on Caspian Sea’s status nearly 80% agreed - Azerbaijani FM
- 17.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-EU relations developing successfully
- 17.07.2017President Vejonis: Latvia will continue to support Azerbaijan's territorial integrity - UPDATED
- 17.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Freedom Monument in Latvia
- 14.03.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenian president had better focus on terrible economic situation in country, instead of telling tales
- 14.03.2017Official welcome ceremony held for Azerbaijani president in Paris
- 14.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets with president of French Senate
- 13.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Our relations with France are important"
- 13.03.2017Azerbaijan doesn’t recognize results of so-called parliamentary elections held in Abkhazia
- 13.03.2017Iran urges Armenia, Azerbaijan to avoid further escalation of tension