Baku hosts international symposium titled "The future of the region: Geopolitical challenges and perspectives"
An international symposium titled "The future of the region: Geopolitical challenges and perspectives" is held in Baku on Saturday, APA reports.
The symposium is organized by the Azerbaijan-Turkey House (ATEV), “Yeni Chag” Media Group and the Azerbaijan-Turkey Businessmen and Industrialists Public Association (TÜIB).
Public figures, well-known experts and TV journalists from Azerbaijan, Turkey, Georgia, Kazakhstan and Russia attend the symposium.
Chairman of ATEV, Tanzila Rustamkhanli, Chairman of Azerbaijan Press Council, MP Aflatun Amashov, Turkish ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral, MPs Gudrat Hasanguliyev, Adil Aliyev, Hikmet Babaoghlu, Fazil Mustafa and others addressed the event.
Turkish ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral called the UN General Assembly's resolution on the unacceptable decision of the US to recognize Jerusalem as a capital of Israel a historic event.
“Despite the pressure from the US, this election took place. It showed that injustice is doomed to destruction,” the ambassador said.
MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev noted that the world is ruled by great powers.
“They carry out their policy. Weak countries can only call on to “law, justice”. The political map of the world is drawn by Christian countries, the West. Today, Azerbaijan and Turkey watch unpleasant events between the US and the EU with pain. Despite the injustice of Western countries towards others, they are more democratic in their internal structure. Therefore, to make the West a target and to spoil relations is wrong,” he said.
- 23.05.2018Stefan Schennach: Samad Seyidov has to be replaced in PACE June session
- 23.05.2018Turkmen, Ukrainian leaders congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 23.05.2018Turkey’s Erdogan congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Russian PM congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 23.05.2018Georgian gov’t won’t oppose public opinion and agree to open alternative route to Armenia – political analyst
- 23.05.2018Mayor of Las Vegas signs proclamation on 100th anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic
- 22.05.2018EU, Azerbaijan to hold talks on new agreement in late May
- 22.05.2018King of Saudi Arabia congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Queen Elizabeth II congratulates President Ilham Aliyev
- 22.05.2018Leaders of some countries congratulate Azerbaijani president
- 22.05.2018Serbian president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry holds expanded meeting
- 22.05.2018George Tsereteli: No decision on OSCE PA’s special rep. for South Caucasus
- 22.05.2018OSCE PA President: Enough resources for constructive cooperation with Azerbaijan - INTERVIEW
- 22.05.2018California Governor congratulates Azerbaijan on 100th anniversary of ADR
- 21.05.2018Vucic: Serbia intends to develop co-op with Azerbaijan in all spheres
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Relations with Serbia of great importance to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Aleksandar Vucic: Much remains to be done in Serbia in terms of Azerbaijan’s interests
- 21.05.2018President Vucic: Serbia is friendly country to Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Serbia ties will continue to develop successfully
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents make press statements
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijan, Serbia ink several documents
- 21.05.2018Presidents of Azerbaijan, Serbia hold expanded meeting
- 21.05.2018Azerbaijani, Serbian presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 21.05.2018Serbia’s Vucic officially welcomed in Baku
- 21.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Significant work done towards rapid reduction of unemployment - UPDATED
- 21.05.2018Serbian president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.05.2018Legal status of Caspian Sea to be discussed in Astana on May 21-24
- 19.05.2018Poroshenko signs decree on recalling Ukraine’s representatives from CIS statutory bodies
- 19.05.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan remains ready to contribute to the just solution of the Palestinian issue"
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s First Vice-President meets with UNESCO Director General in Paris
- 18.05.2018Mehriban Aliyev attends conference on 80th birthday of Koïchiro Matsuura in Paris
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijani, Kyrgyz presidents hold phone talk
- 18.05.2018Baku to convey serious protest to Russian Foreign Ministry
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: No one will accept such Council of Europe
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to King of Norway
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: I’ve been interrogated for 3 hours
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: Those who face sanctions in PACE are the ones who support Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 16.05.2018Head of delegation: Azerbaijan to continue activity in PACE
- 16.05.2018Samad Seyidov: PACE decision – a manifestation of double standard attitude towards Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Isaczai: UN very pleased to be cooperating with Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Mongolian president congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on his birthday
- 25.12.2017Azerbaijani president to attend informal meeting of CIS Council of Heads of State
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani president’s visit to Brussels is one of significant events of 2017 – PA
- 23.12.2017Top official: Azerbaijan will respond against any possible threats
- 23.12.2017Official: EU realized that there is no guarantee for stability in other countries without recognition of territorial integrity of states