Baku hosts international symposium titled "The future of the region: Geopolitical challenges and perspectives"
An international symposium titled "The future of the region: Geopolitical challenges and perspectives" is held in Baku on Saturday, APA reports.
The symposium is organized by the Azerbaijan-Turkey House (ATEV), “Yeni Chag” Media Group and the Azerbaijan-Turkey Businessmen and Industrialists Public Association (TÜIB).
Public figures, well-known experts and TV journalists from Azerbaijan, Turkey, Georgia, Kazakhstan and Russia attend the symposium.
Chairman of ATEV, Tanzila Rustamkhanli, Chairman of Azerbaijan Press Council, MP Aflatun Amashov, Turkish ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral, MPs Gudrat Hasanguliyev, Adil Aliyev, Hikmet Babaoghlu, Fazil Mustafa and others addressed the event.
Turkish ambassador to Azerbaijan Erkan Ozoral called the UN General Assembly's resolution on the unacceptable decision of the US to recognize Jerusalem as a capital of Israel a historic event.
“Despite the pressure from the US, this election took place. It showed that injustice is doomed to destruction,” the ambassador said.
MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev noted that the world is ruled by great powers.
“They carry out their policy. Weak countries can only call on to “law, justice”. The political map of the world is drawn by Christian countries, the West. Today, Azerbaijan and Turkey watch unpleasant events between the US and the EU with pain. Despite the injustice of Western countries towards others, they are more democratic in their internal structure. Therefore, to make the West a target and to spoil relations is wrong,” he said.
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2018Another member of "Music for Peace" project off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan excludes another Russian musician from “blacklist”
- 14.02.2018Ali Hasanov: Legal proceedings to be initiated against organizers, executors of anti-Azerbaijani campaign
- 14.02.2018Russian musician Vitaly Vatulya removed from Azerbaijan’s ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018FM: Co-op with EU does not affect Azerbaijan’s friendly ties with Russia
- 14.02.2018Council of Europe receives invitations from Azerbaijan to observe technical preparation meetings for presidential election
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan one of most active members of PACE – CoE Baku Office
- 14.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan, EU have some divergent views on issues of trade, tariffs and subsidies
- 14.02.2018FM: Azerbaijan attaches great importance to development of strategic partnership with Russia
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives British PM's trade envoy
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Argentinean musician from ‘blacklist’
- 14.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives US delegation
- 14.02.2018British PM's trade envoy arrives in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018Azerbaijan invites PACE to observe presidential election
- 13.02.2018Milan court acquits Luca Volontè accused of political corruption linked to Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 13.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Formula 1 Group CEO
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijan sends invitation to ODIHR for observation of presidential election
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM meets with delegation of Holy See
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Russian counterpart
- 10.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Iranian counterpart
- 10.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Holy See - UPDATED
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani Ambassador to Estonia met with Vice-Mayor of Tallinn
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan, EU agree to create mechanism for dialogue on security and energy issues
- 09.02.2018EU’s Mogherini reiterates importance of respect for fundamental freedoms, human rights
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijan says 2017 proved to be productive for advancement of co-op with EU
- 25.12.2017Isaczai: UN very pleased to be cooperating with Azerbaijan
- 25.12.2017Mongolian president congratulates President Ilham Aliyev on his birthday
- 25.12.2017Azerbaijani president to attend informal meeting of CIS Council of Heads of State
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani president’s visit to Brussels is one of significant events of 2017 – PA
- 23.12.2017Top official: Azerbaijan will respond against any possible threats
- 23.12.2017Official: EU realized that there is no guarantee for stability in other countries without recognition of territorial integrity of states