Baku hosts int’l conference on Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey trilateral relations
An international conference, titled “Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey trilateral relations: A look into the future”, kicked off in Baku June 5.
Representatives of think tanks from three countries are taking part in the conference, APA reported.
Addressing the conference, the assistant to Azerbaijan’s president for foreign policy issues, Novruz Mammadov, said that the format of Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey cooperation yields results and the Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum, Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars projects are examples of this cooperation.
He noted that this cooperation has great prospects and should be continued.
“This cooperation contributes to the regional security, stability and sustainable development and is not directed against other countries,” added Mammadov.
The director of the Center for Strategic Studies under the Azerbaijani President, Farhad Mammadov, said that the trilateral cooperation of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey is based on extensive experience.
“Among the recent projects, the transport agreement, construction of ports, planned agreement with China, Turkey’s access to Central Asian states, and Azerbaijan’s role in development of the East-West corridor open up new opportunities for our cooperation. The history shows that this cooperation strengthened our independence. The stability and security should be ensured in the region. Provision of our security is not directed against other states. However, some circles abroad claim the contrary. They pursue their goal in this matter. We should protect this format”, he said.
Following the speeches of the director of Georgian Center for EU Studies, Kakha Gogolashvili, and the chairman of Turkey’s Center for Strategic Research, Mesut Özcan, the event continued with panel discussions.
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani president to address Davos Economic Forum
- 17.01.2018EU-Azerbaijan comprehensive agreement to be discussed at European Parliament
- 17.01.2018PUIC starts its 13th Session
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani and French FMs met in Paris - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan condemns missile attacks against Saudi Arabia
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Belarus
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 28.12.2017Date set for ministerial conference of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
- 28.12.2017MFA: Azerbaijan pursued independent, multi-vector, balanced foreign policy in 2017
- 27.12.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: "Azerbaijan has become one of the centers of inter-civilization dialogue in the world"
- 07.06.2017Baku to host next round of Azerbaijan-EU talks
- 07.06.2017ECO member states adopt Baku Declaration on anti-corruption cooperation
- 07.06.2017EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to visit Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2017Baku comments on EU and Washington’s statements on Afgan Mukhtarli’s arrest
- 05.06.2017Expert: Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey keen to strengthen trilateral cooperation
- 05.06.2017Novruz Mammadov: Armenia’s territorial claims deprive it of co-op prospects