Baku hosts int’l conference on Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey trilateral relations
An international conference, titled “Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey trilateral relations: A look into the future”, kicked off in Baku June 5.
Representatives of think tanks from three countries are taking part in the conference, APA reported.
Addressing the conference, the assistant to Azerbaijan’s president for foreign policy issues, Novruz Mammadov, said that the format of Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey cooperation yields results and the Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum, Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars projects are examples of this cooperation.
He noted that this cooperation has great prospects and should be continued.
“This cooperation contributes to the regional security, stability and sustainable development and is not directed against other countries,” added Mammadov.
The director of the Center for Strategic Studies under the Azerbaijani President, Farhad Mammadov, said that the trilateral cooperation of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey is based on extensive experience.
“Among the recent projects, the transport agreement, construction of ports, planned agreement with China, Turkey’s access to Central Asian states, and Azerbaijan’s role in development of the East-West corridor open up new opportunities for our cooperation. The history shows that this cooperation strengthened our independence. The stability and security should be ensured in the region. Provision of our security is not directed against other states. However, some circles abroad claim the contrary. They pursue their goal in this matter. We should protect this format”, he said.
Following the speeches of the director of Georgian Center for EU Studies, Kakha Gogolashvili, and the chairman of Turkey’s Center for Strategic Research, Mesut Özcan, the event continued with panel discussions.
- 27.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Declaration signed between Azerbaijan and Poland is a very serious political document
- 27.06.2017Presidents of Azerbaijan, Poland hold expanded meeting - UPDATED
- 27.06.2017Polish president: We would like to create a direct railway line between Azerbaijan and Poland
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijani, Polish presidents hold one-on-one meeting in Warsaw - UPDATED
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijan, Poland sign documents
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijani, Polish presidents make statements to the press
- 27.06.2017Azerbaijani, Polish presidents exchange gifts
- 27.06.2017Official welcome ceremony held for Azerbaijani president in Warsaw
- 26.06.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Warsaw for official visit
- 26.06.2017Uncertainty continues over Agramunt’s PACE presidency
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received Russian deputy prime minister
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received President and Chairman of VTB Bank Management Board
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received Executive Chairman of Formula One Group
- 25.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev received editor-in-chief of Russian “Zavtra” newspaper
- 24.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Slovenian president
- 24.06.2017Azerbaijani President sends congratulatory letter to Croatian president
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan names new ambassador to France
- 23.06.2017Moldovan president completes visit to Azerbaijan
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Georgia should implement joint educational projects - UPDATED
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan to demand explanation from Czech Foreign Ministry on ambassador’s statements
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan's candidate for UNESCO director-general visits Germany
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani FM meets Costa Rican counterpart in Baku
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates new Saudi crown prince
- 23.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Costa Rican FM
- 23.06.2017Malena Mard: I will get back to work in Swedish foreign ministry
- 23.06.2017UK Ambassador: Azerbaijan is not only a major global energy player but also a source of opportunity for other areas of business
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president: “Need to give dynamism to the relations between Azerbaijan and Moldova”
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijan provides aid to four countries stricken by famine threat
- 22.06.2017Moldovan president visits Alley of Martyrs in Baku
- 22.06.2017Moldovan president pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 22.06.2017Igor Dodon: Wide range of issues discussed at meeting with Azerbaijani president
- 22.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Moldova have good potential for trade and economic cooperation
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president hosts official dinner reception in honor of Moldovan counterpart
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents make press statements
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents hold expanded meeting
- 22.06.2017PACE co-rapporteurs issue statement after their visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani, Moldovan presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 22.06.2017Official welcoming ceremony held for Moldovan president
- 21.06.2017Moldovan president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 21.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives former French PM - UPDATED
- 07.06.2017Baku to host next round of Azerbaijan-EU talks
- 07.06.2017ECO member states adopt Baku Declaration on anti-corruption cooperation
- 07.06.2017EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to visit Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2017Baku comments on EU and Washington’s statements on Afgan Mukhtarli’s arrest
- 05.06.2017Expert: Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey keen to strengthen trilateral cooperation
- 05.06.2017Novruz Mammadov: Armenia’s territorial claims deprive it of co-op prospects