Baku hosts int’l conference on Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey trilateral relations
An international conference, titled “Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey trilateral relations: A look into the future”, kicked off in Baku June 5.
Representatives of think tanks from three countries are taking part in the conference, APA reported.
Addressing the conference, the assistant to Azerbaijan’s president for foreign policy issues, Novruz Mammadov, said that the format of Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey cooperation yields results and the Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum, Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars projects are examples of this cooperation.
He noted that this cooperation has great prospects and should be continued.
“This cooperation contributes to the regional security, stability and sustainable development and is not directed against other countries,” added Mammadov.
The director of the Center for Strategic Studies under the Azerbaijani President, Farhad Mammadov, said that the trilateral cooperation of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey is based on extensive experience.
“Among the recent projects, the transport agreement, construction of ports, planned agreement with China, Turkey’s access to Central Asian states, and Azerbaijan’s role in development of the East-West corridor open up new opportunities for our cooperation. The history shows that this cooperation strengthened our independence. The stability and security should be ensured in the region. Provision of our security is not directed against other states. However, some circles abroad claim the contrary. They pursue their goal in this matter. We should protect this format”, he said.
Following the speeches of the director of Georgian Center for EU Studies, Kakha Gogolashvili, and the chairman of Turkey’s Center for Strategic Research, Mesut Özcan, the event continued with panel discussions.
- 21.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives former heads of state and government attending Global Young Leaders Forum
- 21.08.2017Latvia’s ex-president hails Azerbaijan’s experience in hosting high-profile events
- 21.08.2017Ismail Serageldin makes presentation on development of youth leadership at Baku forum
- 21.08.2017Opening session of Global Young Leaders Forum held in Baku
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian FMs expected to meet in Baku next month
- 21.08.2017Global Young Leaders Forum kicks off in Baku
- 18.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Afghan counterpart
- 18.08.2017Bolivia expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty
- 18.08.2017Turkish president to visit Azerbaijan
- 18.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to King of Spain
- 18.08.2017No Azerbaijani nationals among Barcelona terror attack victims
- 18.08.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns Barcelona terror attack
- 17.08.2017Children of some countries’ presidents and ex-presidents to attend Baku forum
- 17.08.2017Indonesia’s Independence Day celebrated in Baku
- 16.08.2017Vladimir Dorokhin: Number of Azerbaijanis studying in Russia increases day by day
- 14.08.2017Ambassador: Pakistan-Azerbaijan relations higher than strategic partnership
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian president
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president receives Chairman of Belarusian State Border Committee
- 09.08.2017Turkmen president departs from Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates president of Singapore
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 08.08.2017Status of Caspian Sea discussed during meeting of Azerbaijani PM and Turkmen president
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan stand for transforming Caspian Sea into source of stability’
- 08.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev: ‘Turkmenistan-Azerbaijan relations at highest level’
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan stand for preserving int’l and regional security’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan president: ‘We want lasting stability and peace in the region’
- 08.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan co-op will deepen - UPDATED
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents make statement to the press
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan sign documents
- 08.08.2017Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmen-Azerbaijani relations experiencing new stage’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Nawaz Sharif's dismissal will not affect Pakistan's relations with other countries’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Azerbaijan-Pakistan military coop developing in upward trend’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents hold meeting in expanded format
- 08.08.2017Turkmen president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 08.08.2017Tajikistan appoints new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 05.08.2017Turkmen president to visit Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2017Ogtay Asadov to attend Rouhani’s oath-taking ceremony in Iran
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president calls for unity among Muslim nations
- 03.08.2017Indonesia will always support Azerbaijan in Nagorno-Karabakh issue – ambassador
- 03.08.2017EU allocates € 13.5M to Azerbaijan’s Lankaran
- 07.06.2017Baku to host next round of Azerbaijan-EU talks
- 07.06.2017ECO member states adopt Baku Declaration on anti-corruption cooperation
- 07.06.2017EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to visit Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2017Baku comments on EU and Washington’s statements on Afgan Mukhtarli’s arrest
- 05.06.2017Expert: Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey keen to strengthen trilateral cooperation
- 05.06.2017Novruz Mammadov: Armenia’s territorial claims deprive it of co-op prospects