Baku hosts int’l conference on Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey trilateral relations
An international conference, titled “Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey trilateral relations: A look into the future”, kicked off in Baku June 5.
Representatives of think tanks from three countries are taking part in the conference, APA reported.
Addressing the conference, the assistant to Azerbaijan’s president for foreign policy issues, Novruz Mammadov, said that the format of Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey cooperation yields results and the Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum, Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars projects are examples of this cooperation.
He noted that this cooperation has great prospects and should be continued.
“This cooperation contributes to the regional security, stability and sustainable development and is not directed against other countries,” added Mammadov.
The director of the Center for Strategic Studies under the Azerbaijani President, Farhad Mammadov, said that the trilateral cooperation of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey is based on extensive experience.
“Among the recent projects, the transport agreement, construction of ports, planned agreement with China, Turkey’s access to Central Asian states, and Azerbaijan’s role in development of the East-West corridor open up new opportunities for our cooperation. The history shows that this cooperation strengthened our independence. The stability and security should be ensured in the region. Provision of our security is not directed against other states. However, some circles abroad claim the contrary. They pursue their goal in this matter. We should protect this format”, he said.
Following the speeches of the director of Georgian Center for EU Studies, Kakha Gogolashvili, and the chairman of Turkey’s Center for Strategic Research, Mesut Özcan, the event continued with panel discussions.
- 23.10.2017Georgia’s prime minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.10.2017Top official: PACE seems to have turned into tool in hands of certain circles
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani official: We had urged countries now faced with separatism to state their stance against separatism
- 23.10.2017Iranian interior minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: No one in Europe wants Azerbaijan to leave Council of Europe
- 23.10.2017Talks underway to free Azerbaijanis detained in Iraq, diplomat says
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani FM Mammadyarov leaves for Italy
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 07.06.2017Baku to host next round of Azerbaijan-EU talks
- 07.06.2017ECO member states adopt Baku Declaration on anti-corruption cooperation
- 07.06.2017EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to visit Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2017Baku comments on EU and Washington’s statements on Afgan Mukhtarli’s arrest
- 05.06.2017Expert: Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey keen to strengthen trilateral cooperation
- 05.06.2017Novruz Mammadov: Armenia’s territorial claims deprive it of co-op prospects