Baku hosts int’l conference on Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey trilateral relations
An international conference, titled “Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey trilateral relations: A look into the future”, kicked off in Baku June 5.
Representatives of think tanks from three countries are taking part in the conference, APA reported.
Addressing the conference, the assistant to Azerbaijan’s president for foreign policy issues, Novruz Mammadov, said that the format of Azerbaijan-Georgia-Turkey cooperation yields results and the Baku-Tbilisi-Erzurum, Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan and Baku-Tbilisi-Kars projects are examples of this cooperation.
He noted that this cooperation has great prospects and should be continued.
“This cooperation contributes to the regional security, stability and sustainable development and is not directed against other countries,” added Mammadov.
The director of the Center for Strategic Studies under the Azerbaijani President, Farhad Mammadov, said that the trilateral cooperation of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey is based on extensive experience.
“Among the recent projects, the transport agreement, construction of ports, planned agreement with China, Turkey’s access to Central Asian states, and Azerbaijan’s role in development of the East-West corridor open up new opportunities for our cooperation. The history shows that this cooperation strengthened our independence. The stability and security should be ensured in the region. Provision of our security is not directed against other states. However, some circles abroad claim the contrary. They pursue their goal in this matter. We should protect this format”, he said.
Following the speeches of the director of Georgian Center for EU Studies, Kakha Gogolashvili, and the chairman of Turkey’s Center for Strategic Research, Mesut Özcan, the event continued with panel discussions.
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev accepted credentials of incoming Bulgarian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Peruvian ambassador - UPDATED
- 10.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev received credentials of incoming Russian ambassador - UPDATED
- 09.06.2018Samad Seyidov: There is possibility of pressure on Azerbaijan under the name of “political prisoner”
- 09.06.2018Azerbaijan plays crucial role in geopolitical, transport and energy issues: ACRE
- 09.06.2018ACRE calls for end to anti-Azerbaijani decisions in Council of Europe
- 09.06.2018Baku Summit of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe kicks off
- 08.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Queen Elizabeth II
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan’s Cabinet of Ministers holds expanded meeting
- 08.06.2018Ilham Aliyev receives president of Alliance of Conservatives and Reformists in Europe
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani FM receives incoming Russian ambassador
- 08.06.2018U.S. welcomes TANAP completion – diplomat
- 08.06.2018Incoming U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan not named yet, diplomat says
- 07.06.2017Baku to host next round of Azerbaijan-EU talks
- 07.06.2017ECO member states adopt Baku Declaration on anti-corruption cooperation
- 07.06.2017EU Commissioner Johannes Hahn to visit Azerbaijan
- 05.06.2017Baku comments on EU and Washington’s statements on Afgan Mukhtarli’s arrest
- 05.06.2017Expert: Azerbaijan, Georgia and Turkey keen to strengthen trilateral cooperation
- 05.06.2017Novruz Mammadov: Armenia’s territorial claims deprive it of co-op prospects