Baku hosts “EU-Azerbaijan: security and integration" conference
Baku. Shamil Alibeyli – APA. “EU-Azerbaijan: security and integration" conference jointly organized by the Center for Strategic Studies under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan (SAM) and European Policy Centre has today kicked off in Baku.
APA reports that Chief Executive of the European Policy Centre Hans Martens touched on the financial crisis in Europe and said that economic growth was observed after 2 years. Martens said that there is a great development in Azerbaijan: “There was almost nothing in Azerbaijan 15 years ago. However, today we are witnessing the development here.”
The event is followed by panel meetings. Speakers of the panel “Bringing South Caucasus Closer to Europe: Achievements and Challenges” will be Head of EU Delegation to Azerbaijan Roland Kobia, Ambassador of the Eastern Partnership Vaidotas Verba (Lithuania), Caucasus Research Resource Center’s Director for Azerbaijan Gursel Aliyev and Editor-in-Chief of Caucasus International Journal Zaur Shiriyev.
Director of the Center for International Security Studies, Ambassador Matthew Bryza (Tallinn, Estonia), Latvian Foreign Ministry Parliamentary Secretary Viktors Makarovs, Policy Analyst at the European Policy Centre Amanda Paul and Deputy Director of Azerbaijan`s Center for Strategic Studies Gulshan Pashayeva will deliver reports at the panel on the theme "Nagorno-Karabakh conflict: challenge to EU".
Related news releases
- 23.03.2018Latvia: 'I think highly of voting process in Azerbaijan'
- 23.03.2018Date and agenda of PACE spring session announced
- 23.03.2018Flag hoisting ceremony held in Pakistani embassy in Azerbaijan
- 22.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev sends letter to Pakistani counterpart
- 22.03.2018PACE co-rapporteurs to observe presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 19.03.2018Turkish FM to visit Azerbaijan in April
- 19.03.2018Azerbaijani official: Presidential election in Russia was transparent, democratic
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev holds phone talk with Vladimir Putin
- 19.03.201883.3% of Azerbaijanis living in Russia voted for Putin
- 19.03.2018Iranian citizens to receive visas at Azerbaijani airports
- 19.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin on winning presidential election
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 02.07.2016John Kerry, Sergey Lavrov discuss results of meeting between Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents
- 04.07.2016Argentina creates parliamentary friendship group with Azerbaijan
- 04.07.2016OSCE PA rejects Armenian representative’s proposal
- 02.07.2016Protracted conflicts discussed at OSCE PA committee meeting
- 02.07.2016Robert Cekuta: "The United States appreciate the progress in the field of human rights in Azerbaijan"
- 01.07.2016Robert Cekuta: "We are committed to the principles to develop a relations with Azerbaijan"