Baku hosts 6th meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council - UPDATED
The sixth meeting of the Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council was held in Baku with the participation of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, said the Azerbaijani president’s press service.
Addressing the meeting, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev welcomed the guests.
“Mr. President, we attach great importance to your visit. Today, we have discussed a number of issues at the one-on-one meeting,” said President Aliyev, adding that the Turkey-Azerbaijan relations are at the highest level and at the highest peak.
“Our views on the development of our relations coincide,” noted the president.
He expressed confidence that the meeting of the Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council will also be very successful.
“There are many issues on the agenda – political relations, joint activities in international organizations, economic cooperation, military, military-technical cooperation, and of course, energy and transportation issues,” said President Aliyev, adding that there are very good results in all spheres.
“Our decisions are being implemented and the intergovernmental joint commission is also operating very successfully,” added the president.
The head of state expressed confidence that the issues, to be discussed today, will also bring good results.
The Turkish president also made a speech at the meeting.
“Mr. President, and members of the Council. First of all, I would like to thank both on my own behalf and on behalf of my delegation for the hospitality you have shown since our arrival. Together with yesterday's and today's meetings, we are particularly delighted with the level of brotherhood and friendship between Turkey and Azerbaijan,” Erdogan said.
The Turkish leader stressed that it is a great honor to see the launch of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway.
“Our 15-minute railway journey was witnessed by our citizens, our peoples. Hopefully, soon we'll all see them going not just from Kars to Baku, but also to Beijing and London. On this occasion, I thank you, my dear brother, as well as all firms involved and all those who have contributed. I wish the meeting of the High Level Strategic Cooperation Council we held today would be beneficial,” he added.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Algerian justice minister
- 23.06.2018Afghan deputy FM says relations with Azerbaijan at highest level
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention on Caspian legal status allows laying pipelines on seabed
- 22.06.2018Draft Convention bans military presence of non-party countries in Caspian Sea
- 22.06.2018Russian government approves draft Convention on Caspian legal status
- 22.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives members of ADB Board of Governors
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani PM: There is practically no concept of justice in int’l relations
- 22.06.20182018 CAMCA Regional Forum underway in Baku
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijan chose to closely cooperate with West – PM
- 22.06.2018U.S. congressman extends congratulations over centenary of ADR
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry: Implementation of UN SC resolutions entrusted to OSCE MG co-chairs
- 21.06.2018Guterres stresses importance of implementing UNSC resolutions
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijani FM leaves for Minsk
- 20.06.2018Minsk to host 10th round of EaP informal ministerial dialogues
- 20.06.2018Foreign Ministry: Number of IDPs and refugees in Azerbaijan exceeds 1.2 mln
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijani MP sends open letter to PACE committee members
- 19.06.2018Russian State Duma chairman to visit Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018UN High Commissioner for Human Rights calls Azerbaijan actively cooperating country
- 19.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament speaker to visit China
- 18.06.2018Baku: No Azerbaijani nationals among Japan earthquake victims
- 15.06.2018Vice-Speaker: Georgia's failure to attend TANAP opening ceremony was due to domestic political situation in the country
- 14.06.2018Delegation of Nizami Ganjavi International Center meets Israeli defense minister
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani flag hoisted outside Philadelphia Mayor’s Office
- 13.06.2018Donald Trump congratulates Ilham Aliyev on Eid al-Fitr
- 13.06.2018Process of border delimitation with Georgia ‘relatively passive’, says Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Putin: Political co-op between Russia, Azerbaijan is stable
- 13.06.2018Summit of Caspian states planned to be held in first half of August – Azerbaijani diplomat
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Russia again on Aug. 30 – Putin
- 13.06.2018PACE Monitoring Committee to appoint new co-rapporteur on Azerbaijan on June 28
- 13.06.2018PACE to appoint rapporteur for preparation of report on “political prisoners in Azerbaijan”
- 13.06.2018Matthew Bryza: TANAP has turned Azerbaijan into a key player in global energy market - INTERVIEW
- 13.06.2018Azerbaijani President pays working visit to Russia
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani president to visit Ukraine
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan invites Ukraine to join Southern Gas Corridor project
- 12.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets BP CEO - UPDATED
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani, Ukrainian presidents meet in Turkey
- 11.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Vladimir Putin
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijan grants temporary residence permits to over 3,000 foreigners in May
- 11.06.2018No plan for Azerbaijani, Armenian leaders to meet in Moscow – Yerevan
- 11.06.2018Azerbaijani president to attend FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Russia
- 31.10.2017Date set for meeting of Azerbaijani, Iranian, Turkish FMs
- 31.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey friendship, brotherhood and unity stand at highest level
- 31.10.2017President: Azerbaijan’s investments in Turkey must reach $20B
- 31.10.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 31.10.2017Summit of Caspian states may take place in early 2018
- 31.10.2017EU says talks with Azerbaijan on new deal ongoing intensively