Baku hosts 6th meeting of Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council - UPDATED
The sixth meeting of the Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council was held in Baku with the participation of Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, said the Azerbaijani president’s press service.
Addressing the meeting, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev welcomed the guests.
“Mr. President, we attach great importance to your visit. Today, we have discussed a number of issues at the one-on-one meeting,” said President Aliyev, adding that the Turkey-Azerbaijan relations are at the highest level and at the highest peak.
“Our views on the development of our relations coincide,” noted the president.
He expressed confidence that the meeting of the Azerbaijan-Turkey High-Level Strategic Cooperation Council will also be very successful.
“There are many issues on the agenda – political relations, joint activities in international organizations, economic cooperation, military, military-technical cooperation, and of course, energy and transportation issues,” said President Aliyev, adding that there are very good results in all spheres.
“Our decisions are being implemented and the intergovernmental joint commission is also operating very successfully,” added the president.
The head of state expressed confidence that the issues, to be discussed today, will also bring good results.
The Turkish president also made a speech at the meeting.
“Mr. President, and members of the Council. First of all, I would like to thank both on my own behalf and on behalf of my delegation for the hospitality you have shown since our arrival. Together with yesterday's and today's meetings, we are particularly delighted with the level of brotherhood and friendship between Turkey and Azerbaijan,” Erdogan said.
The Turkish leader stressed that it is a great honor to see the launch of the Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway.
“Our 15-minute railway journey was witnessed by our citizens, our peoples. Hopefully, soon we'll all see them going not just from Kars to Baku, but also to Beijing and London. On this occasion, I thank you, my dear brother, as well as all firms involved and all those who have contributed. I wish the meeting of the High Level Strategic Cooperation Council we held today would be beneficial,” he added.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Moldovan president to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.02.2018U.S. aims to help Azerbaijan become a strong, prosperous state: Ambassador Cekuta
- 23.02.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with head of Iran's Islamic Culture and Relations Organization
- 23.02.2018Erdogan: 415 sq km now under control in Afrin operation
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan calls Dutch parliament’s decision ‘biased’
- 23.02.2018Film on Khojaly Genocide screened in California
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus resigns
- 22.02.2018Ceremony of laying first border markers on Azerbaijani-Russian border held - UPDATED
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan's FM to address UN Human Rights Council's session
- 22.02.2018MFA: Appeals sent to int'l organizations for monitoring Azerbaijan presidential election
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan, Russia mulling border demarcation
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA, Prosecutor General’s Office issue joint statement on Sumgayit disturbances
- 21.02.2018Envoy Cekuta: U.S. supports transparent and credible electoral process
- 21.02.2018Ilham Aliyev receives ex-president of Dutch Senate
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iran’s defense minister
- 21.02.2018Baku reacts to statement of French Foreign Ministry
- 20.02.2018Sergey Lebedev to lead CIS observation mission in Azerbaijan presidential election - UPDATED
- 20.02.2018Outgoing Czech ambassador to Azerbaijan to serve as envoy to Russia
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan names new ambassador to Jordan
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan appoints new consul in Batumi
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan mull energy cooperation
- 19.02.2018Montenegrin president to attend 6th Global Baku Forum
- 19.02.2018ODIHR needs assessment mission to arrive in Baku on Feb. 21 - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018PACE to decide on sending mission for observation of Azerbaijan presidential election in mid-March
- 19.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s hypocritical position is key impediment to achieving progress in Karabakh talks - UPDATED
- 19.02.2018EU special rep. for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 17.02.2018Baku hosts event in support of Turkey’s Afrin op
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM attends roundtable at Munich Security Conference
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Armenia's speaking of peace is a 'clear hypocrisy'
- 16.02.2018Baku reacts to Russian MFA spokesperson’s remarks
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with OSCE chairman
- 16.02.2018Azerbaijan invites int’l observers to monitor upcoming presidential election – EU envoy
- 16.02.201854th Munich Security Conference to start today
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president: New agreement with EU to create a new co-op format
- 15.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Donald Trump
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Italian deputy economic development minister
- 15.02.2018Azerbaijani FM to attend Munich Security Conference
- 15.02.2018Summit of Caspian states to take place in 2H18
- 14.02.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Serbian counterpart
- 14.02.2018GUAM to send observation mission for upcoming presidential election in Azerbaijan
- 31.10.2017Date set for meeting of Azerbaijani, Iranian, Turkish FMs
- 31.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey friendship, brotherhood and unity stand at highest level
- 31.10.2017President: Azerbaijan’s investments in Turkey must reach $20B
- 31.10.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 31.10.2017Summit of Caspian states may take place in early 2018
- 31.10.2017EU says talks with Azerbaijan on new deal ongoing intensively