Baku Declaration of 7th Heart of Asia - Istanbul Process Ministerial reaffirms commitments to principle of territorial integrity - UPDATED
The Baku Declaration adopted at the Heart of Asia – Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference reaffirms commitment to the UN Charter and the principles of sovereignty, territorial integrity, inviolability of borders and non-interference in the internal affairs of states.
The participants of the conference reaffirmed their commitment not to use force against the sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence of states, and not to threaten them by using force.
The declaration highlights the role of the international community in Afghanistan and calls for fight against terrorism, drug trafficking and organized crime.
The participants further underscored the need for efforts to achieve peace and reconciliation. The declaration also contains issues of regional cooperation.
“We reiterate the obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the political independence, territorial integrity, or sovereignty of any state,” reads the Baku Declaration of The Heart of Asia - Istanbul Process 7th Ministerial Conference 1st December.
According to the declaration, the participating countries stressed the need to advance regional cooperation as an effective and necessary means to address common challenges and to promote security, stability and socio-economic development in the Heart of Asia region.
“We reaffirm our commitment to the United Nations Charter and its enshrined principles of sovereignty, independence, territorial integrity, inviolability of internationally recognized borders, sovereign equality of nations and non-intervention in the internal affairs of other states as well as universally recognized principles and norms of international law. Furthermore, we reaffirm our commitment to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. We reiterate the importance of increased political dialogue and consultation between the countries comprising the Heart of Asia for a stable, peaceful and prosperous region.
We reiterate the obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the political independence, territorial integrity, or sovereignty of any state. We reaffirm our commitment to develop friendly relations among HoA countries based on good neighborly relations, peaceful co-existence, and non-interference in the internal affairs of other countries.
We reaffirm that terrorism cannot and should not be associated with any religion, nationality, civilization or ethnic group.
We express our sincere appreciation to the Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan for hosting the Seventh Ministerial Conference of the Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process in Baku. We welcome the willingness of the Republic of Turkey to host the Ministerial Conference in 2018 and the Republic of Tajikistan in 2019,” reads the Baku Declaration.
Related news releases
- 13.12.2017Turkey’s Erdogan calls for recognition of Jerusalem as capital of Palestine
- 13.12.2017Erdogan calls Israel ‘an occupying, terrorist state’
- 13.12.2017OIC summit on Jerusalem issue kicks off in Istanbul
- 13.12.2017OIC FMs meet in Istanbul to discuss Jerusalem issue
- 12.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Turkey
- 12.12.2017Iran’s Rouhani to visit Azerbaijan next year
- 12.12.2017ECHR: Armenia has to pay for damage to Azerbaijani IDPs
- 12.12.2017Caucasian Muslims Office issues statement on al-Quds
- 12.12.2017Kazakh President Nazarbayev to propose date for Caspian summit
- 12.12.2017Deputy FM says he doesn’t believe in Azerbaijan’s accession to WTO in coming years
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan says issues on aviation agreement with EU can be resolved in early 2018
- 12.12.2017Azerbaijan, Georgia to continue negotiations on border delimitation early next year
- 12.12.2017Caspian states to sign separate agreement on water surface division
- 12.12.2017No middle line or any common principle for division of Caspian seabed: Azerbaijani deputy FM
- 12.12.2017Talks on new Azerbaijan-EU agreement may end by late 2018 – deputy FM
- 11.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Russian State Duma delegation
- 09.12.2017Erdogan invites Ilham Aliyev to attend OIC summit on Jerusalem issue
- 08.12.2017President Aliyev appoints Azerbaijan’s honorary consul to Djibouti
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan appoints new ambassador to Croatia
- 08.12.2017Azerbaijan recalls ambassador from Tajikistan
- 08.12.2017Russia never requested Azerbaijan for agrément for Georgy Zuev - Lavrov
- 08.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Sudanese ambassador
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov attends the meeting of the GUAM Council of MFA
- 07.12.2017“ASAN Service” is a huge revolution in field of public services – Azerbaijani president
- 07.12.2017Israeli Embassy in Baku reacts to protests over Trump’s Jerusalem declaration
- 07.12.2017UK minister of state for trade to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.12.2017Novruz Mammadov: Azerbaijani public concerned over unfair attitude of certain circles in West and Europe
- 07.12.2017Lavrov: Russia will contribute to search for mutually acceptable solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 07.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev arrives in Guba district
- 07.12.2017Azerbaijan supports peaceful settlement of Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Foreign Ministry
- 06.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan expands partnership with Russia in technology sector
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM: Int’l rules can be applied regarding controversial deposits in Caspian Sea
- 06.12.2017Draft Convention on Caspian status includes preservation of military balance: Azerbaijani MFA
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani deputy FM reveals Caspian division principles
- 06.12.2017Baku: Draft Convention on Caspian Sea status coordinated
- 06.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Bakutel-2017 exhibition
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Vienna today
- 05.12.2017Baku host reception on occasion of Japanese Emperor's birthday
- 05.12.2017Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Finnish counterpart
- 05.12.2017Caspian states plan to hold joint drills – Lavrov
- 04.12.2017EU special representative for South Caucasus arrives in Baku
- 04.12.2017Attention to Eastern Partnership program is ‘decreasing’: Azerbaijani MP
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani FM leaves for working visit to Russia
- 01.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani companies willing to operate as contractors, investors in Afghanistan
- 01.12.2017Ashraf Ghani: Afghanistan always ready to support Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2017Azerbaijan capable of playing larger role in making region more peaceful – U.S. envoy