Baku Declaration adopted at int’l conference of OSCE PA Silk Road Support Group
A panel session on the theme “Strengthening of confidence, promotion of cultural exchange and dialogue was held as part of the international conference of the Silk Road Support Group of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly in Baku on March 13.
The minister also informed the conference participants about the destruction of cultural monuments in the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
Head of the Moldovan delegation to the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly Serghei Sirbu, head of the Bulgarian delegation to the OSCE PA Desislava Atanasova, member of the Macedonian delegation to the OSCE PA Jagoda Shahpaska, member of the French delegation to the OSCE PA Pascal Allizard, member of the Kyrgyz delegation to the OSCE PA Emil Toktashev and others spoke about the importance of cultural relations and the development of cultural diversity in the development of Silk Road projects.
The international conference ended with the adoption of a Baku Declaration.
The declaration reads as follows:
We, the participants of the International Conference dedicated to "the role of parliamentarians in boosting economic cooperation and cultural ties along the Silk Road” held in Baku on March 13-14, 2018, jointly organized by the Silk Road Support Group in the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly and the Milli Mejlis of the Republic of Azerbaijan,
Taking into account the importance of the revitalization of the Ancient Silk Road, as well as the conformity of the efficient operation of the existing transport and energy corridors, and the free and safe mobility of passengers, goods and services through the "Modern Silk Road" with the national interests of the countries of the OSCE region and the objectives of sustainable economic development,
Noting the importance of supporting the efforts of Governments to develop and strengthen economic, trade, transport, social and cultural relations among countries that are located along the Ancient Silk Road and that can benefit from the revitalization of that road,
Recognizing the importance of parliamentarians’ assistance to implement, in line with the principles of the Helsinki Final Act, as well as the OSCE and other relevant international legal frameworks, the projects aimed at safeguarding peace, security and human rights, ensuring sustainable development and social well-being in the OSCE region, including the goal of enhancing connectivity between Europe and Asia, in accordance with the OSCE Hamburg Ministerial Decision no. 4/16 on “Strengthening Good Governance and Promoting Connectivity” (2016) declare the following:
1. We fully support the states’ efforts to restore the ancient Silk Road for enhancing security, stability and prosperity.
2. We will do our best to contribute to the expansion and promotion of cooperation among the economic and business entities of the countries represented by the parliamentarians of the Silk Road Support Group.
3. We will support governments’ efforts towards developing sustainable, secure and flexible transport and energy corridors and upgrading their functionality, and assist to study and disseminate best practices in this area.
4. We urge the governments to attach special importance to the development of effective transport corridors, transit networks and logistics infrastructure within the restoration of the Ancient Silk Road connecting European and Asian continents.
5. We support the initiatives taken to strengthen cultural relations, education exchange, interfaith dialogue and tolerance; mutual understanding among the parliamentarians of the Silk Road countries,
6. We support initiatives enhancing cyber-security, developing West-East safe data and technology exchange by the private and public sectors underpinning the objectives of Silk Road.
7. We support all efforts to strengthen financial integration along the Silk Road in order to facilitate free, fair, and transparent circulation of capital, for funding major sustainable infrastructural projects of the new Silk Road of the 21st century.
8. As parliamentarians, we committ ourselves to ensure proper oversight, on the implementation of the new Silk Road project and to support rule of law, fundamental human rights and democratic development, addressing also existential threats like inequality, radicalization, terrorism and corruption, for the benefit of our peoples.
9. We welcome the initiatives of the Belarusian, Georgian and Swiss delegations seeking to host the Silk Road Support Group's next events.
Related news releases
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani president sends congratulatory letter to Croatian counterpart
- 16.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Macron on France’s World Cup victory
- 16.07.2018Tehran condemns terror attack in Azerbaijan’s Ganja city
- 16.07.2018Traitors try to commit terrorist acts in Azerbaijan under guise of religion – Turkish envoy
- 16.07.2018Azerbaijani official: Impossible to break national will
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president to pay an official visit to France
- 14.07.2018Mehmet Akarca: Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO fight makes Turkey proud
- 14.07.2018Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Pakistani counterpart
- 13.07.2018Armenia disrespects UN Charter and member states, says Baku
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani president receives Iranian minister of health and medical education
- 13.07.2018Azerbaijani President attends North Atlantic Council meeting
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan commends reiterated support by NATO members to its territorial integrity – Baku
- 12.07.2018Azerbaijan’s foreign and defense ministers meet with U.S. secretaries of state and defense - UPDATED
- 12.07.2018President Aliyev meets UN under-secretary-general
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attends meeting on NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 12.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended reception hosted for leaders of NATO allies and partner nations
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani, Afghan presidents meet in Brussels
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan commends reiterated continuous support by EU to its territorial integrity
- 11.07.2018Aktau to host summit of Caspian states in early August
- 11.07.2018Document on Azerbaijan-EU partnership priorities initialed
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan to promote real regional co-op during BSEC chairmanship: Foreign Ministry
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan, EU expected to initial document new partnership priorities
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan’s successes seriously disturb some foreign circles – MFA
- 10.07.2018President of Azerbaijan pays a visit to Belgium
- 10.07.2018Turkish president ends official visit to Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: TANAP is a ‘strategic investment’ made in Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood
- 10.07.2018President Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey relations stand at highest level
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold expanded meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan: Turkey-Azerbaijan brotherhood will continue to grow stronger
- 10.07.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold one-on-one meeting
- 10.07.2018Erdogan welcomed with official ceremony in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Turkish president arrives in Azerbaijan
- 09.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan plans to implement large number of industrial and infrastructure projects - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Baku: EU-Azerbaijan ties to develop despite position of some forces in European Parliament
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani PM to attend Erdogan’s inauguration
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijan intends to raise co-op with SCO to higher level – Mammadyarov
- 07.07.2018OSCE PA’s 27th annual session begins
- 06.07.2018Ramazan Abdulatipov: Caspian ‘on the brink of disaster’
- 05.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is becoming important East-West and North-South transport corridor - UPDATED
- 05.07.2018European Parliament passes resolution on Azerbaijan
- 13.03.2018FM: Int’l community fully supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 13.03.2018Permanent Representative of Azerbaijan to the OIC Presents Letter of Credence to the Secretary General
- 14.03.2018Baku to host four-sided meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian and Georgian FMs
- 13.03.2018Concrete steps needed for resolution of frozen conflicts: Moldovan diplomat
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijan plays great role in energy supplies to Europe – envoy
- 13.03.2018Romania sees Azerbaijan as a country contributing to regional stability – vice prime minister - UPDATED