Baku comments on Carl Bildt’s statements regarding Azerbaijan
Baku. Konul Kamilgizi – APA. Deputy Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, Head of the Foreign Relations Department, Novruz Mammadov commented on the opinions expressed by Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt regarding Azerbaijan at the Atlantic Council meeting in Washington, APA reports.
“Unfortunately, there are many such politicians in the international community. They think that everybody should accept and obey what they say. However they don’t understand yet that their irresponsible and narrow-minded thoughts have led the world to such a situation. Today, the ongoing negative processes, conflicts, political instability and tensions in different countries are the result of their thoughts and activities. They are unable to understand the essence of processes in the world. They just memorize some expressions and words, like parrots, and think that they fulfill their duties by using them as a means of pressure”, he said.
Mammadov said Bildt is one of such politicians. Like Fule, he also considers Armenia’s accession to the Eurasian Economic Community to be a reasonable step. However he doesn’t ask himself why he placed this country on the 3rd place in the Eastern Partnership after the European Neighborhood Policy”, he added.
There can be several reasons for Carl Bildt’s statement regarding Azerbaijan. Firstly, he expressed these opinions in Washington. Probably, it is not accidental. Even the Expressen newspaper which had access to the Wikileaks materials reported about his close relationship with some bodies in Washington and serving as an informant since 1973.
“There is a secret document revealing Bildt’s cooperation with the American administration”, the paper reported.
Secondly, though Carl Bildt tried to act as a mentor at the meeting in Baku a few years ago, he was silenced. He was explained that his approach to the processes in Azerbaijan is primitive and far from the truth.
Thirdly, Carl Bildt is self-satisfied and ambitious. He is trying to hold a high position in the European Commission. It seems this step will fail. Ambitious politicians are strongly influenced by such things. He is feeling stressed now.
Finally, Carl Bildt should know that today, justice is the most important value in world community. All other universal values are meaningless without justice. Everything happens in the world in case of the violation of the principle of justice. Some time ago, Czech Foreign Minister Schwarzenberg (his name is also Karel) did not shy away from expressing biased and unfounded position regarding Azerbaijan. But very soon, Schwarzenberg lost his post because of such statements and opinions. Carl Bildt will very likely face same situation”.
Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt said at the Atlantic Council’s meeting in Washington that he has serious doubts about the sincerity of Azerbaijan’s participation in the Eastern Partnership program as an authoritarian regime is dominating in the country.
Related news releases
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan may consider redefining due number of embassies and consulates
- 07.12.2016Azerbaijan committed to contributing to NATO mission in Afghanistan
- 07.12.2016Ilham Aliyev receives CDI president - UPDATED
- 07.12.2016Ilham Aliyev receives new Moroccan ambassador - UPDATED
- 07.12.2016Elmar Mammadyarov attends NATO foreign ministers’ meeting
- 07.12.2016Closure of several diplomatic missions abroad not on agenda: Azerbaijani MFA
- 07.12.2016Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Cuban ambassador
- 06.12.2016FM: Cyprus wants relations with Azerbaijan to become ‘normal’
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijan recalls ambassadors to Belarus
- 06.12.2016Ilham Aliyev receives Russian interior minister
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijani President congratulates President of the Republic of Finland
- 06.12.2016Azerbaijani president congratulates newly elected Uzbekistan President
- 05.12.2016Ogtay Asadov: Azerbaijan has always stood against separatism practically
- 05.12.2016Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov meets Serbian interior minister
- 05.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives Pakistani commerce minister - UPDATED
- 05.12.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives Serbian interior minister - UPDATED
- 05.12.2016Hikmat Hajiyev: As co-chair of HoA-IP, Azerbaijan remains committed to supporting Afghanistan
- 05.12.2016Russian lawmaker: Creation of united Russian-Armenian military group not aimed against Azerbaijan
- 05.12.2016Azerbaijani FM to attend NATO, OSCE events
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani president receives Mevlut Cavusoglu
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish, Turkmen energy and foreign ministers may meet in early 2017
- 03.12.2016Turkey says welcomes Azerbaijan’s anti-FETO steps
- 03.12.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs mull Karabakh conflict settlement
- 02.12.2016AmCham prepares recommendations for development of business in Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Russia are good neighbors, continue to be friends
- 02.12.2016Turkish FM en route to Azerbaijan
- 02.12.2016Russia ready to solve regional problems - REPORT FROM KREMLIN - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016Russian deputy FM pays working visit to Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-US energy co-op developing successfully - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina support each other within int’l organizations - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016Peru intends to open embassy in Azerbaijan
- 01.12.2016Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina mull co-op prospects - UPDATED
- 01.12.2016FM: Turkey respects Russia’s will to solve Karabakh conflict
- 01.12.2016No consensus on TAP within Bosnia & Herzegovina: FM
- 01.12.2016FM: Azerbaijan, Bosnia & Herzegovina enjoy high level political relations
- 01.12.2016Azerbaijani deputy FM to attend BSEC Ministerial Council meeting
- 30.11.2016Moscow says Russia-Azerbaijan ties remain stable
- 30.11.2016Italian TV program, known for anti-Azerbaijani propaganda, suspended
- 30.11.2016Bosnia and Herzegovina’s FM due in Azerbaijan
- 30.11.2016President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences to Turkish counterpart
- 18.07.2014Patterns of residence permit for foreign diplomats acting in Azerbaijan approved
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Malaysian Prime Minister
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Dutch Prime Minister
- 17.07.2014Azerbaijan APPG member Bob Blackman supports Many Happy Returns campaign
- 17.07.2014Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova to obtain non-NATO ally status
- 16.07.2014US Embassy issues statement regarding $2.4m USAID grant for media development in Azerbaijan