Baku comments on Carl Bildt’s statements regarding Azerbaijan
Baku. Konul Kamilgizi – APA. Deputy Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, Head of the Foreign Relations Department, Novruz Mammadov commented on the opinions expressed by Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt regarding Azerbaijan at the Atlantic Council meeting in Washington, APA reports.
“Unfortunately, there are many such politicians in the international community. They think that everybody should accept and obey what they say. However they don’t understand yet that their irresponsible and narrow-minded thoughts have led the world to such a situation. Today, the ongoing negative processes, conflicts, political instability and tensions in different countries are the result of their thoughts and activities. They are unable to understand the essence of processes in the world. They just memorize some expressions and words, like parrots, and think that they fulfill their duties by using them as a means of pressure”, he said.
Mammadov said Bildt is one of such politicians. Like Fule, he also considers Armenia’s accession to the Eurasian Economic Community to be a reasonable step. However he doesn’t ask himself why he placed this country on the 3rd place in the Eastern Partnership after the European Neighborhood Policy”, he added.
There can be several reasons for Carl Bildt’s statement regarding Azerbaijan. Firstly, he expressed these opinions in Washington. Probably, it is not accidental. Even the Expressen newspaper which had access to the Wikileaks materials reported about his close relationship with some bodies in Washington and serving as an informant since 1973.
“There is a secret document revealing Bildt’s cooperation with the American administration”, the paper reported.
Secondly, though Carl Bildt tried to act as a mentor at the meeting in Baku a few years ago, he was silenced. He was explained that his approach to the processes in Azerbaijan is primitive and far from the truth.
Thirdly, Carl Bildt is self-satisfied and ambitious. He is trying to hold a high position in the European Commission. It seems this step will fail. Ambitious politicians are strongly influenced by such things. He is feeling stressed now.
Finally, Carl Bildt should know that today, justice is the most important value in world community. All other universal values are meaningless without justice. Everything happens in the world in case of the violation of the principle of justice. Some time ago, Czech Foreign Minister Schwarzenberg (his name is also Karel) did not shy away from expressing biased and unfounded position regarding Azerbaijan. But very soon, Schwarzenberg lost his post because of such statements and opinions. Carl Bildt will very likely face same situation”.
Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt said at the Atlantic Council’s meeting in Washington that he has serious doubts about the sincerity of Azerbaijan’s participation in the Eastern Partnership program as an authoritarian regime is dominating in the country.
Related news releases
- 23.03.2017Pakistan, Azerbaijan enjoy excellent bilateral ties – envoy
- 23.03.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns London terror attack
- 22.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates his counterpart Mamnoon Hussain on Pakistan Day
- 18.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan submitted draft agreement to European Commission
- 18.03.2017Man shot after attack at Paris Orly airport
- 18.03.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates his Tunisian counterpart
- 18.03.2017Mevlut Cavusoglu: Baku-Tbilisi-Kars railway project to be launched in two months
- 18.03.2017Nowruz festivities held in Washington
- 17.03.2017Mehriban Aliyeva meet with delgation headed by Iranian Minister
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev meets chairman of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Saudi prince - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Fifth Global Baku Forum underway
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijani president’s messages to French society and president: - OPINION
- 17.03.2017Ilham Aliyev receives Iran’s ICT minister - UPDATED
- 17.03.2017Trial proceeds for Azerbaijani ministry's ex-official
- 17.03.2017Azerbaijan’s Foreign Ministry summons Greek ambassador
- 17.03.2017Baku Forum features session on future of Europe
- 17.03.2017Slovenia’s ex-president calls for reconsideration of Eastern Partnership principles
- 17.03.2017China’s role in int’l relations highlighted at Baku forum
- 17.03.2017Albania fully supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity, says president
- 17.03.2017Baku hosts senior officials’ meeting of Istanbul Process
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan, France celebrate 25th anniversary of diplomatic relations
- 16.03.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov meets Iran’s ICT minister
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev praises close co-op between Azerbaijan, Georgia - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Albanian counterpart
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Latvian counterpart - UPDATED
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Montenegrin counterpart
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Macedonian first lady
- 16.03.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets Macedonian counterpart
- 16.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Marianna Vardinoyannis
- 16.03.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets former Latvian president
- 16.03.2017Bulgaria’s ex-president: Solution to int’l conflicts is not dependent on conflict parties only
- 16.03.2017Latvia, Azerbaijan enjoy very good relations – President Vejonis
- 16.03.2017Ex-Bulgarian president urges Armenia to fulfill UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 16.03.2017Latvian president: Political will needed to resolve all conflicts
- 16.03.2017Azerbaijan turned into a host of int’l events: ex-Polish president
- 16.03.2017Saudi prince urges implementation of resolutions on Palestine, Nagorno-Karabakh
- 16.03.2017No alternative to European integration for Albania, president says
- 16.03.2017Baku – right place for holding int’l forums
- 16.03.2017Macedonian president: We are on threshold of birth of ‘a new world’
- 18.07.2014Patterns of residence permit for foreign diplomats acting in Azerbaijan approved
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Malaysian Prime Minister
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Dutch Prime Minister
- 17.07.2014Azerbaijan APPG member Bob Blackman supports Many Happy Returns campaign
- 17.07.2014Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova to obtain non-NATO ally status
- 16.07.2014US Embassy issues statement regarding $2.4m USAID grant for media development in Azerbaijan