Baku comments on Carl Bildt’s statements regarding Azerbaijan
Baku. Konul Kamilgizi – APA. Deputy Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, Head of the Foreign Relations Department, Novruz Mammadov commented on the opinions expressed by Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt regarding Azerbaijan at the Atlantic Council meeting in Washington, APA reports.
“Unfortunately, there are many such politicians in the international community. They think that everybody should accept and obey what they say. However they don’t understand yet that their irresponsible and narrow-minded thoughts have led the world to such a situation. Today, the ongoing negative processes, conflicts, political instability and tensions in different countries are the result of their thoughts and activities. They are unable to understand the essence of processes in the world. They just memorize some expressions and words, like parrots, and think that they fulfill their duties by using them as a means of pressure”, he said.
Mammadov said Bildt is one of such politicians. Like Fule, he also considers Armenia’s accession to the Eurasian Economic Community to be a reasonable step. However he doesn’t ask himself why he placed this country on the 3rd place in the Eastern Partnership after the European Neighborhood Policy”, he added.
There can be several reasons for Carl Bildt’s statement regarding Azerbaijan. Firstly, he expressed these opinions in Washington. Probably, it is not accidental. Even the Expressen newspaper which had access to the Wikileaks materials reported about his close relationship with some bodies in Washington and serving as an informant since 1973.
“There is a secret document revealing Bildt’s cooperation with the American administration”, the paper reported.
Secondly, though Carl Bildt tried to act as a mentor at the meeting in Baku a few years ago, he was silenced. He was explained that his approach to the processes in Azerbaijan is primitive and far from the truth.
Thirdly, Carl Bildt is self-satisfied and ambitious. He is trying to hold a high position in the European Commission. It seems this step will fail. Ambitious politicians are strongly influenced by such things. He is feeling stressed now.
Finally, Carl Bildt should know that today, justice is the most important value in world community. All other universal values are meaningless without justice. Everything happens in the world in case of the violation of the principle of justice. Some time ago, Czech Foreign Minister Schwarzenberg (his name is also Karel) did not shy away from expressing biased and unfounded position regarding Azerbaijan. But very soon, Schwarzenberg lost his post because of such statements and opinions. Carl Bildt will very likely face same situation”.
Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt said at the Atlantic Council’s meeting in Washington that he has serious doubts about the sincerity of Azerbaijan’s participation in the Eastern Partnership program as an authoritarian regime is dominating in the country.
Related news releases
- 30.08.2016Azerbaijani FM receives Japanese vice-minister
- 30.08.2016Azerbaijani president receives Japanese vice minister - UPDATED
- 30.08.2016Italian embassy in Baku opens book of condolences in honor of quake victims
- 30.08.2016Italy expects rise in trade turnover with Azerbaijan in 2H16
- 30.08.2016Italian FM due in Azerbaijan
- 29.08.2016Azerbaijani FM meets with Georgian PM
- 29.08.2016Azerbaijan, Georgia stand on same positions on issues of int’l agenda – FM
- 29.08.2016Georgia, Azerbaijan to enjoy favorable transport corridor after BTK commissioned
- 29.08.2016FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan-Georgia strategic partnership developing in upward trend
- 29.08.2016Azerbaijani FM: Karabakh conflict settlement to ensure lasting peace, security in region
- 29.08.2016Azerbaijani FM meets with Georgian counterpart - UPDATED
- 26.08.2016Kenya keen on co-op with Azerbaijan, says minister
- 26.08.2016Italian embassy in Baku to open book of condolences in honor of quake victims
- 26.08.2016Israeli ambassador visits Azerbaijan’s northwest
- 26.08.2016Some details emerge of Azerbaijan-WTO talks
- 26.08.2016EU may issue mandate in mid-October to begin talks with Azerbaijan on new strategic partnership agreement
- 25.08.2016Venice Commission says ready to work with Azerbaijan on draft constitutional amendments
- 24.08.2016Foreign Ministry: Efforts underway to find out whether any Azerbaijanis hurt in Italy earthquake
- 24.08.2016Qatar appoints new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 23.08.2016Hikmet Hajiyev: Armenia’s continuing occupation is a major obstacle to settling conflict
- 23.08.2016Azerbaijan sends invitation to PACE for observing referendum
- 23.08.2016Turkic Council secretary general: Member countries back Azerbaijan’s stance on Karabakh
- 22.08.2016Elmar Mammadyarov sends condolences to Turkish counterpart
- 19.08.2016Korea seeks to broaden cooperation with Azerbaijan: ambassador
- 19.08.2016Minister: Despite long geographical distance, Korea and Azerbaijan have a lot in common
- 18.08.2016Zakharova: Russia does not take national approach to arrest in Baku of Russian citizen Marat Ueldanov
- 18.08.2016Date of Eastern Partnership Foreign Ministers' meeting known
- 17.08.2016U.S. and UK concerned about arrest of Natig Jafarli - UPDATED
- 17.08.2016Baku holds receipt over Indonesia Independence Day
- 17.08.2016Iranian health minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.08.2016Kazakh president to visit Azerbaijan
- 16.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Belgian ambassador
- 16.08.2016Azerbaijan is largest investor in Georgia in 2015
- 15.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming German ambassador
- 14.08.2016President Ilham Aliyev received delegation led by Russian Defence Minister
- 12.08.2016U.S. Embassy in Baku welcomes new deputy chief of mission William R. Gill
- 12.08.2016Azerbaijan closely participated in repairing Russia-Turkey relations – ambassador
- 12.08.2016Tourist flow to Turkey not affected by declaration of state of emergency
- 11.08.2016Azerbaijan begins applying new duties for tourist visas
- 11.08.2016Azerbaijani president receives US Congress representative - UPDATED
- 18.07.2014Patterns of residence permit for foreign diplomats acting in Azerbaijan approved
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Malaysian Prime Minister
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Dutch Prime Minister
- 17.07.2014Azerbaijan APPG member Bob Blackman supports Many Happy Returns campaign
- 17.07.2014Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova to obtain non-NATO ally status
- 16.07.2014US Embassy issues statement regarding $2.4m USAID grant for media development in Azerbaijan