Baku comments on Carl Bildt’s statements regarding Azerbaijan
Baku. Konul Kamilgizi – APA. Deputy Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, Head of the Foreign Relations Department, Novruz Mammadov commented on the opinions expressed by Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt regarding Azerbaijan at the Atlantic Council meeting in Washington, APA reports.
“Unfortunately, there are many such politicians in the international community. They think that everybody should accept and obey what they say. However they don’t understand yet that their irresponsible and narrow-minded thoughts have led the world to such a situation. Today, the ongoing negative processes, conflicts, political instability and tensions in different countries are the result of their thoughts and activities. They are unable to understand the essence of processes in the world. They just memorize some expressions and words, like parrots, and think that they fulfill their duties by using them as a means of pressure”, he said.
Mammadov said Bildt is one of such politicians. Like Fule, he also considers Armenia’s accession to the Eurasian Economic Community to be a reasonable step. However he doesn’t ask himself why he placed this country on the 3rd place in the Eastern Partnership after the European Neighborhood Policy”, he added.
There can be several reasons for Carl Bildt’s statement regarding Azerbaijan. Firstly, he expressed these opinions in Washington. Probably, it is not accidental. Even the Expressen newspaper which had access to the Wikileaks materials reported about his close relationship with some bodies in Washington and serving as an informant since 1973.
“There is a secret document revealing Bildt’s cooperation with the American administration”, the paper reported.
Secondly, though Carl Bildt tried to act as a mentor at the meeting in Baku a few years ago, he was silenced. He was explained that his approach to the processes in Azerbaijan is primitive and far from the truth.
Thirdly, Carl Bildt is self-satisfied and ambitious. He is trying to hold a high position in the European Commission. It seems this step will fail. Ambitious politicians are strongly influenced by such things. He is feeling stressed now.
Finally, Carl Bildt should know that today, justice is the most important value in world community. All other universal values are meaningless without justice. Everything happens in the world in case of the violation of the principle of justice. Some time ago, Czech Foreign Minister Schwarzenberg (his name is also Karel) did not shy away from expressing biased and unfounded position regarding Azerbaijan. But very soon, Schwarzenberg lost his post because of such statements and opinions. Carl Bildt will very likely face same situation”.
Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt said at the Atlantic Council’s meeting in Washington that he has serious doubts about the sincerity of Azerbaijan’s participation in the Eastern Partnership program as an authoritarian regime is dominating in the country.
Related news releases
- 20.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by Qatari minister
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani President attended panel discussion at Munich Security Conference
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani president meets with UN Secretary-General in Munich - UPDATED
- 18.02.2017Azerbaijani FM reiterates concern and position of Azerbaijan with regard to operation of OSCE Yerevan Office in contrary to its mandate
- 18.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim in Munich - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev: "Azerbaijan will never agree to independence of Nagorno-Karabakh"
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Chairman and CEO of Kaspersky Lab in Munich
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijani President met with Afghan President in Munich
- 17.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan intends to expand co-op with EU - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan, Israel mull military-technical cooperation - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Munich Security Conference kicks off
- 17.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends roundtable of Munich Security Conference
- 17.02.2017US State Department official to visit Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2017Ilham Aliyev: Ukraine - a reliable partner for Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 17.02.2017Saudi prince to attend 5th Global Baku Forum
- 17.02.2017Azerbaijan says so-called ‘referendum’ in South Ossetia cannot produce any legal effect
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijani President pays a working visit to Germany
- 16.02.2017Russian experts explain reasons behind holding of Gerasimov-Dunford in Baku
- 16.02.2017Azerbaijan, Palestine hold political consultations
- 16.02.2017‘Dunford-Gerasimov meeting in Baku indicates Azerbaijan’s growing influence’
- 16.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian justice minister - UPDATED
- 16.02.2017MP: Holding of Dunford-Gerasimov meeting in Baku indicates two big states’ trust in Azerbaijan
- 16.02.2017Baku meeting of top US, Russian military officers ‘important’ – NATO chief
- 16.02.2017Russia expects Pentagon’s position to be clarified at Baku meeting
- 16.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives chairman of US Joint Chiefs of Staff - UPDATED
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijani President congratulates Lithuanian counterpart on public holiday
- 15.02.2017Greek government still views SOCAR as a reliable partner – ambassador - INTERVIEW
- 15.02.2017Azerbaijan: Amnesty International’s statement on Lapshin’s case – example of double standards
- 15.02.2017Ukraine’s ex-presidents to visit Azerbaijan
- 15.02.2017Russian MFA: No complaints received from Lapshin
- 15.02.2017Moscow, Baku soon to discuss Karabakh conflict settlement
- 14.02.2017PACE Monitoring Committee to discuss co-rapporteurs’ visit to Azerbaijan
- 14.02.2017Some MEPs intended to undermine Azerbaijan-EU ties: MP Seyidov
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani MP responds to Zhirinovsky: “Armenia should become a province of Azerbaijan”
- 14.02.2017Azerbaijani MP criticizes French president's comments on Karabakh conflict
- 14.02.2017EU believes next round of talks with Azerbaijan will be more substantive
- 14.02.2017Mard: New EU-Azerbaijan agreement to help further strengthen bilateral co-op
- 14.02.2017Elkhan Suleymanov: Networked slanderers exposed
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijani parliamentary speaker to visit Latvia
- 13.02.2017Azerbaijan’s request for Lapshin’s extradition was legal: Russian envoy
- 18.07.2014Patterns of residence permit for foreign diplomats acting in Azerbaijan approved
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Malaysian Prime Minister
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Dutch Prime Minister
- 17.07.2014Azerbaijan APPG member Bob Blackman supports Many Happy Returns campaign
- 17.07.2014Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova to obtain non-NATO ally status
- 16.07.2014US Embassy issues statement regarding $2.4m USAID grant for media development in Azerbaijan