Baku comments on Carl Bildt’s statements regarding Azerbaijan
Baku. Konul Kamilgizi – APA. Deputy Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, Head of the Foreign Relations Department, Novruz Mammadov commented on the opinions expressed by Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt regarding Azerbaijan at the Atlantic Council meeting in Washington, APA reports.
“Unfortunately, there are many such politicians in the international community. They think that everybody should accept and obey what they say. However they don’t understand yet that their irresponsible and narrow-minded thoughts have led the world to such a situation. Today, the ongoing negative processes, conflicts, political instability and tensions in different countries are the result of their thoughts and activities. They are unable to understand the essence of processes in the world. They just memorize some expressions and words, like parrots, and think that they fulfill their duties by using them as a means of pressure”, he said.
Mammadov said Bildt is one of such politicians. Like Fule, he also considers Armenia’s accession to the Eurasian Economic Community to be a reasonable step. However he doesn’t ask himself why he placed this country on the 3rd place in the Eastern Partnership after the European Neighborhood Policy”, he added.
There can be several reasons for Carl Bildt’s statement regarding Azerbaijan. Firstly, he expressed these opinions in Washington. Probably, it is not accidental. Even the Expressen newspaper which had access to the Wikileaks materials reported about his close relationship with some bodies in Washington and serving as an informant since 1973.
“There is a secret document revealing Bildt’s cooperation with the American administration”, the paper reported.
Secondly, though Carl Bildt tried to act as a mentor at the meeting in Baku a few years ago, he was silenced. He was explained that his approach to the processes in Azerbaijan is primitive and far from the truth.
Thirdly, Carl Bildt is self-satisfied and ambitious. He is trying to hold a high position in the European Commission. It seems this step will fail. Ambitious politicians are strongly influenced by such things. He is feeling stressed now.
Finally, Carl Bildt should know that today, justice is the most important value in world community. All other universal values are meaningless without justice. Everything happens in the world in case of the violation of the principle of justice. Some time ago, Czech Foreign Minister Schwarzenberg (his name is also Karel) did not shy away from expressing biased and unfounded position regarding Azerbaijan. But very soon, Schwarzenberg lost his post because of such statements and opinions. Carl Bildt will very likely face same situation”.
Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt said at the Atlantic Council’s meeting in Washington that he has serious doubts about the sincerity of Azerbaijan’s participation in the Eastern Partnership program as an authoritarian regime is dominating in the country.
Related news releases
- 25.07.2016Sberbank analyst sees no Fed rate hike in July
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijan’s Central Bank raises nearly 50M manats at auction
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijan’s Kapital Bank announces new appointment
- 25.07.2016Turkey receives strong support from Azerbaijan immediately after failed coup – FM
- 25.07.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish, Turkmen presidents to meet for European gas
- 23.07.2016Azerbaijani president extends condolences to German counterpart
- 23.07.2016President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Chancellor Angela Merkel
- 23.07.2016No Azerbaijanis among Munich shooting victims - Foreign Ministry
- 23.07.2016Azerbaijan strongly condemns coup d’etat attempt in Turkey
- 21.07.2016Azerbaijani, Russian Deputy FMs hold phone conversation
- 21.07.2016Turkey continues fight against FETO followers within and beyond – ambassador
- 21.07.2016Azerbaijani president receives Italian minister of education
- 21.07.2016Next meeting of Azerbajiani, Armenian presidents expected in August
- 20.07.2016Ankara seeks new meeting of Turkish, Azerbaijani, Georgian presidents
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish presidents hold phone conversation
- 18.07.2016Azerbaijan’s finance minister signs condolence book at French embassy
- 18.07.2016France not to give fight against terrorism – ambassador
- 18.07.2016SOFAZ’s revenues hit 4B manats in Q2 2016
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan’s political parties comment on Turkey coup attempt
- 16.07.2016President Aliyev: Coup attempt in Turkey – crime against country’s people
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan always stands by Turkey – FM
- 16.07.2016No Azerbaijanis among Turkey coup attempt victims – embassy
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan strongly condemns Turkey coup attempt – top official
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan’s diplomatic missions in Turkey working in strengthened mode – Foreign Ministry
- 16.07.2016Azerbaijan seriously concerned about events in Turkey
- 16.07.2016Turkish embassy in Azerbaijan issues statement on coup attempt
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijani president receives delegation of Swiss Confederation
- 15.07.2016Flag at half-mast at French Embassy in Baku after Nice attack
- 15.07.2016President Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue standing by each other
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijani, Turkish FMs holding meeting in Baku
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijani president offers condolences to French counterpart
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijan strongly condemns Nice terrorist attack
- 15.07.2016Turkish FM arrives in Azerbaijan
- 15.07.2016Azerbaijan checking presence of its citizens among Nice terrorist attack victims
- 14.07.2016President Ilham Aliyev hosted dinner reception in honor of Ukrainian President
- 14.07.2016Ukrainian president, Azerbaijani PM meet in Baku
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan offers Ukraine to take advantage of its transport corridors
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan sees 30% rise in budget transfers through customs authorities
- 14.07.2016Azerbaijan, Ukraine to seek bilateral trade growth
- 14.07.2016Poroshenko: Ukraine doesn’t recognize Nagorno-Karabakh and welcomes Azerbaijan’s stance on Crimea
- 18.07.2014Patterns of residence permit for foreign diplomats acting in Azerbaijan approved
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Malaysian Prime Minister
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Dutch Prime Minister
- 17.07.2014Azerbaijan APPG member Bob Blackman supports Many Happy Returns campaign
- 17.07.2014Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova to obtain non-NATO ally status
- 16.07.2014US Embassy issues statement regarding $2.4m USAID grant for media development in Azerbaijan