Baku comments on Carl Bildt’s statements regarding Azerbaijan
Baku. Konul Kamilgizi – APA. Deputy Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, Head of the Foreign Relations Department, Novruz Mammadov commented on the opinions expressed by Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt regarding Azerbaijan at the Atlantic Council meeting in Washington, APA reports.
“Unfortunately, there are many such politicians in the international community. They think that everybody should accept and obey what they say. However they don’t understand yet that their irresponsible and narrow-minded thoughts have led the world to such a situation. Today, the ongoing negative processes, conflicts, political instability and tensions in different countries are the result of their thoughts and activities. They are unable to understand the essence of processes in the world. They just memorize some expressions and words, like parrots, and think that they fulfill their duties by using them as a means of pressure”, he said.
Mammadov said Bildt is one of such politicians. Like Fule, he also considers Armenia’s accession to the Eurasian Economic Community to be a reasonable step. However he doesn’t ask himself why he placed this country on the 3rd place in the Eastern Partnership after the European Neighborhood Policy”, he added.
There can be several reasons for Carl Bildt’s statement regarding Azerbaijan. Firstly, he expressed these opinions in Washington. Probably, it is not accidental. Even the Expressen newspaper which had access to the Wikileaks materials reported about his close relationship with some bodies in Washington and serving as an informant since 1973.
“There is a secret document revealing Bildt’s cooperation with the American administration”, the paper reported.
Secondly, though Carl Bildt tried to act as a mentor at the meeting in Baku a few years ago, he was silenced. He was explained that his approach to the processes in Azerbaijan is primitive and far from the truth.
Thirdly, Carl Bildt is self-satisfied and ambitious. He is trying to hold a high position in the European Commission. It seems this step will fail. Ambitious politicians are strongly influenced by such things. He is feeling stressed now.
Finally, Carl Bildt should know that today, justice is the most important value in world community. All other universal values are meaningless without justice. Everything happens in the world in case of the violation of the principle of justice. Some time ago, Czech Foreign Minister Schwarzenberg (his name is also Karel) did not shy away from expressing biased and unfounded position regarding Azerbaijan. But very soon, Schwarzenberg lost his post because of such statements and opinions. Carl Bildt will very likely face same situation”.
Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt said at the Atlantic Council’s meeting in Washington that he has serious doubts about the sincerity of Azerbaijan’s participation in the Eastern Partnership program as an authoritarian regime is dominating in the country.
Related news releases
- 24.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: “Azerbaijan attaches primary importance to the promotion of intercultural and interreligious dialogue at all levels”
- 23.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: “Azerbaijan is and will remain committed to further development of energy cooperation in the region by realization of Southern Gas Corridor”
- 23.09.2016Serious improvement achieved in Israel-Azerbaijan political relations - former envoy
- 23.09.2016Azerbaijan, EU interested in developing bilateral relations
- 23.09.2016Austrian Airlines willing to resume flights to Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2016Elmar Mammadyarov: "Azerbaijan has managed to become a pioneer in the region in initiating and enabling a number of strategic trans-regional projects"
- 22.09.2016Azerbaijani FM: “All terrorist acts are unjustifiable regardless of their motivation and Azerbaijan strongly condemns terrorism in all its forms”
- 22.09.2016UN special rapporteur proposes to create inter-ministerial committee in Azerbaijan for implementation of int’l organizations’ recommendations
- 22.09.2016Knesset says two-state solution only way to settle Israel-Palestine conflict
- 22.09.2016Nagorno-Karabakh belongs to Azerbaijan: Israeli city mayor
- 22.09.2016Comments on Preliminary Opinion by Venice Commission on draft modifications to Azerbaijani Constitution
- 22.09.2016Knesset says no political party in Israel stands against relations with Azerbaijan
- 22.09.2016Israeli Knesset stands for peaceful settlement of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 21.09.2016Azerbaijani defense minister meets with German ambassador
- 21.09.2016Statement issued on visit of European Parliament’s delegation to Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2016“Presentation of Azerbaijan” held in Mexico
- 21.09.2016EU announces €13.5mln assistance package to Azerbaijan
- 21.09.2016PACE to send assessment mission to Azerbaijan’s constitutional referendum
- 20.09.2016Russian minister pays respect to national leader Heydar Aliyev and Azerbaijani martyrs
- 20.09.2016Azerbaijani president receives Russian minister
- 20.09.2016Baku hosts 13th meeting of EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
- 20.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev explain reasons for OSCE Baku Office closure
- 20.09.2016President Aliyev: Azerbaijan does not maintain any relations with Freedom House
- 20.09.2016MEP: Azerbaijan – important country for EU
- 20.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
- 20.09.2016Solution to Palestinian issue of great importance for Israel – Foreign Ministry
- 20.09.2016Visit to Azerbaijan among Netanyahu’s priorities - Israeli MFA
- 19.09.2016Turkish Parliament Speaker: "Azerbaijan takes necessary measures against FETO"
- 19.09.2016Iran always supported Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – ambassador
- 19.09.2016Azerbaijani FM on working visit in New York
- 19.09.2016NAM Summit Final Document adopted
- 18.09.2016NAM Summit Final Document expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 17.09.2016Azerbaijani President: "We carry out large-scale projects with the CIS countries"
- 16.09.2016Official of US Department of State thanks Azerbaijan for close cooperation
- 16.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev attending CIS Council of Heads of State meeting
- 16.09.2016Iran ready to act intermediary in resolving Karabakh conflict – ambassador
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani president meet with Moldovan PM
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijan, Mexico to hold political consultations
- 16.09.2016Azerbaijani president arrives in Kyrgyzstan
- 16.09.2016French research company conducts opinion survey in Azerbaijan on eve of referendum
- 18.07.2014Patterns of residence permit for foreign diplomats acting in Azerbaijan approved
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Malaysian Prime Minister
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Dutch Prime Minister
- 17.07.2014Azerbaijan APPG member Bob Blackman supports Many Happy Returns campaign
- 17.07.2014Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova to obtain non-NATO ally status
- 16.07.2014US Embassy issues statement regarding $2.4m USAID grant for media development in Azerbaijan