Baku comments on Carl Bildt’s statements regarding Azerbaijan
Baku. Konul Kamilgizi – APA. Deputy Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, Head of the Foreign Relations Department, Novruz Mammadov commented on the opinions expressed by Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt regarding Azerbaijan at the Atlantic Council meeting in Washington, APA reports.
“Unfortunately, there are many such politicians in the international community. They think that everybody should accept and obey what they say. However they don’t understand yet that their irresponsible and narrow-minded thoughts have led the world to such a situation. Today, the ongoing negative processes, conflicts, political instability and tensions in different countries are the result of their thoughts and activities. They are unable to understand the essence of processes in the world. They just memorize some expressions and words, like parrots, and think that they fulfill their duties by using them as a means of pressure”, he said.
Mammadov said Bildt is one of such politicians. Like Fule, he also considers Armenia’s accession to the Eurasian Economic Community to be a reasonable step. However he doesn’t ask himself why he placed this country on the 3rd place in the Eastern Partnership after the European Neighborhood Policy”, he added.
There can be several reasons for Carl Bildt’s statement regarding Azerbaijan. Firstly, he expressed these opinions in Washington. Probably, it is not accidental. Even the Expressen newspaper which had access to the Wikileaks materials reported about his close relationship with some bodies in Washington and serving as an informant since 1973.
“There is a secret document revealing Bildt’s cooperation with the American administration”, the paper reported.
Secondly, though Carl Bildt tried to act as a mentor at the meeting in Baku a few years ago, he was silenced. He was explained that his approach to the processes in Azerbaijan is primitive and far from the truth.
Thirdly, Carl Bildt is self-satisfied and ambitious. He is trying to hold a high position in the European Commission. It seems this step will fail. Ambitious politicians are strongly influenced by such things. He is feeling stressed now.
Finally, Carl Bildt should know that today, justice is the most important value in world community. All other universal values are meaningless without justice. Everything happens in the world in case of the violation of the principle of justice. Some time ago, Czech Foreign Minister Schwarzenberg (his name is also Karel) did not shy away from expressing biased and unfounded position regarding Azerbaijan. But very soon, Schwarzenberg lost his post because of such statements and opinions. Carl Bildt will very likely face same situation”.
Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt said at the Atlantic Council’s meeting in Washington that he has serious doubts about the sincerity of Azerbaijan’s participation in the Eastern Partnership program as an authoritarian regime is dominating in the country.
Related news releases
- 21.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives former heads of state and government attending Global Young Leaders Forum
- 21.08.2017Latvia’s ex-president hails Azerbaijan’s experience in hosting high-profile events
- 21.08.2017Ismail Serageldin makes presentation on development of youth leadership at Baku forum
- 21.08.2017Opening session of Global Young Leaders Forum held in Baku
- 21.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian FMs expected to meet in Baku next month
- 21.08.2017Global Young Leaders Forum kicks off in Baku
- 18.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Afghan counterpart
- 18.08.2017Bolivia expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity and sovereignty
- 18.08.2017Turkish president to visit Azerbaijan
- 18.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to King of Spain
- 18.08.2017No Azerbaijani nationals among Barcelona terror attack victims
- 18.08.2017Azerbaijan strongly condemns Barcelona terror attack
- 17.08.2017Children of some countries’ presidents and ex-presidents to attend Baku forum
- 17.08.2017Indonesia’s Independence Day celebrated in Baku
- 16.08.2017Vladimir Dorokhin: Number of Azerbaijanis studying in Russia increases day by day
- 14.08.2017Ambassador: Pakistan-Azerbaijan relations higher than strategic partnership
- 12.08.2017Azerbaijani president offers condolences to Egyptian president
- 09.08.2017Azerbaijani president receives Chairman of Belarusian State Border Committee
- 09.08.2017Turkmen president departs from Azerbaijan
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates president of Singapore
- 08.08.2017Turkmen President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov pays respect to Azerbaijan's national leader Heydar Aliyev
- 08.08.2017Status of Caspian Sea discussed during meeting of Azerbaijani PM and Turkmen president
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan stand for transforming Caspian Sea into source of stability’
- 08.08.2017President Ilham Aliyev: ‘Turkmenistan-Azerbaijan relations at highest level’
- 08.08.2017Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan stand for preserving int’l and regional security’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan president: ‘We want lasting stability and peace in the region’
- 08.08.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkmenistan co-op will deepen - UPDATED
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents make statement to the press
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan sign documents
- 08.08.2017Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov: ‘Turkmen-Azerbaijani relations experiencing new stage’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Nawaz Sharif's dismissal will not affect Pakistan's relations with other countries’
- 08.08.2017Ambassador: ‘Azerbaijan-Pakistan military coop developing in upward trend’
- 08.08.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen presidents hold meeting in expanded format
- 08.08.2017Turkmen president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 08.08.2017Tajikistan appoints new ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 05.08.2017Turkmen president to visit Azerbaijan
- 04.08.2017Ogtay Asadov to attend Rouhani’s oath-taking ceremony in Iran
- 03.08.2017Azerbaijani president calls for unity among Muslim nations
- 03.08.2017Indonesia will always support Azerbaijan in Nagorno-Karabakh issue – ambassador
- 03.08.2017EU allocates € 13.5M to Azerbaijan’s Lankaran
- 18.07.2014Patterns of residence permit for foreign diplomats acting in Azerbaijan approved
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Malaysian Prime Minister
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Dutch Prime Minister
- 17.07.2014Azerbaijan APPG member Bob Blackman supports Many Happy Returns campaign
- 17.07.2014Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova to obtain non-NATO ally status
- 16.07.2014US Embassy issues statement regarding $2.4m USAID grant for media development in Azerbaijan