Baku comments on Carl Bildt’s statements regarding Azerbaijan
Baku. Konul Kamilgizi – APA. Deputy Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, Head of the Foreign Relations Department, Novruz Mammadov commented on the opinions expressed by Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt regarding Azerbaijan at the Atlantic Council meeting in Washington, APA reports.
“Unfortunately, there are many such politicians in the international community. They think that everybody should accept and obey what they say. However they don’t understand yet that their irresponsible and narrow-minded thoughts have led the world to such a situation. Today, the ongoing negative processes, conflicts, political instability and tensions in different countries are the result of their thoughts and activities. They are unable to understand the essence of processes in the world. They just memorize some expressions and words, like parrots, and think that they fulfill their duties by using them as a means of pressure”, he said.
Mammadov said Bildt is one of such politicians. Like Fule, he also considers Armenia’s accession to the Eurasian Economic Community to be a reasonable step. However he doesn’t ask himself why he placed this country on the 3rd place in the Eastern Partnership after the European Neighborhood Policy”, he added.
There can be several reasons for Carl Bildt’s statement regarding Azerbaijan. Firstly, he expressed these opinions in Washington. Probably, it is not accidental. Even the Expressen newspaper which had access to the Wikileaks materials reported about his close relationship with some bodies in Washington and serving as an informant since 1973.
“There is a secret document revealing Bildt’s cooperation with the American administration”, the paper reported.
Secondly, though Carl Bildt tried to act as a mentor at the meeting in Baku a few years ago, he was silenced. He was explained that his approach to the processes in Azerbaijan is primitive and far from the truth.
Thirdly, Carl Bildt is self-satisfied and ambitious. He is trying to hold a high position in the European Commission. It seems this step will fail. Ambitious politicians are strongly influenced by such things. He is feeling stressed now.
Finally, Carl Bildt should know that today, justice is the most important value in world community. All other universal values are meaningless without justice. Everything happens in the world in case of the violation of the principle of justice. Some time ago, Czech Foreign Minister Schwarzenberg (his name is also Karel) did not shy away from expressing biased and unfounded position regarding Azerbaijan. But very soon, Schwarzenberg lost his post because of such statements and opinions. Carl Bildt will very likely face same situation”.
Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt said at the Atlantic Council’s meeting in Washington that he has serious doubts about the sincerity of Azerbaijan’s participation in the Eastern Partnership program as an authoritarian regime is dominating in the country.
Related news releases
- 24.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev hosted official dinner reception in honor of Croatian President
- 24.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: Prosinecki’s excellent work is best example of Croatia’s popularization in Azerbaijan
- 24.10.2016USAID, UNDP launch joint projects in Azerbaijan
- 24.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Croatia are strategic partners
- 24.10.2016Azerbaijani presidential aide meets with Turkish FM
- 24.10.2016President: Croatia supports Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 24.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: Croatian president’s Azerbaijan visit of great importance
- 24.10.2016Plane crashes in Malta, at least five dead
- 24.10.2016Azerbaijani, Croatian presidents make statements for press
- 24.10.2016Azerbaijani, Croatian presidents meet in expanded format
- 24.10.2016Azerbaijani, Croatian presidents meet in private
- 24.10.2016Official welcoming ceremony held for Croatian president in Baku
- 23.10.2016Croatian president arrives in Azerbaijan for official visit
- 22.10.2016Azerbaijani president congratulates Hungarian counterpart
- 22.10.2016President Ilham Aliyev: A new page opening today in history of Azerbaijan-Venezuela relations
- 22.10.2016Venezuelan president: Azerbaijan can rely on our support in fulfillment of UN resolutions
- 22.10.2016Venezuelan president completes visit to Azerbaijan
- 22.10.2016Nicolas Maduro: Venezuela interested in developing relations with Azerbaijan
- 22.10.2016Azerbaijan, Venezuela ink bilateral documents
- 22.10.2016Azerbaijani president meets Venezuelan counterpart
- 22.10.2016Official welcoming ceremony held for Venezuelan president in Baku
- 22.10.2016Azerbaijan, Venezuela mull economic ties
- 21.10.2016President of Venezuela arrives in Azerbaijan
- 21.10.2016US, Azerbaijan enjoy good bilateral ties, says ambassador
- 21.10.2016Azerbaijan, Czech Republic to ink several MoUs
- 21.10.2016Czech Senate president expected to visit Azerbaijan
- 21.10.2016Venezuelan president due in Azerbaijan
- 21.10.2016Los Angeles celebrates 25th anniversary of Azerbaijan’s independence
- 20.10.2016British ambassador visits Nakhchivan
- 20.10.2016Bern hosts conference on ECHR judgment in case “Chiragov and others versus Armenia”
- 20.10.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan-Turkey unity should be strengthened further - UPDATED
- 20.10.2016Normalization of Israel-Turkey ties to have positive impact on Azerbaijan - researcher
- 19.10.2016Rouhani congratulates Ilham Aliyev on 25th anniversary of Azerbaijan’s independence
- 19.10.2016Azerbaijan made great progress over 25 years of independence: US Embassy
- 19.10.2016Azerbaijan – model for ethnic, religious tolerance, says US congressman
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijani Defence Minister visited the "ERA" and "AERO Vodochody" companies in Czech Republic
- 18.10.2016Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan phoned Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev
- 18.10.2016Erdogan: Turkey proud of Azerbaijan’s decent int’l position
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijan developed profoundly over 25 years of independence, says EU
- 18.10.2016Azerbaijani president receives governor general of Iran’s Ardabil - UPDATED
- 18.07.2014Patterns of residence permit for foreign diplomats acting in Azerbaijan approved
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Malaysian Prime Minister
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Dutch Prime Minister
- 17.07.2014Azerbaijan APPG member Bob Blackman supports Many Happy Returns campaign
- 17.07.2014Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova to obtain non-NATO ally status
- 16.07.2014US Embassy issues statement regarding $2.4m USAID grant for media development in Azerbaijan