Baku comments on Carl Bildt’s statements regarding Azerbaijan
Baku. Konul Kamilgizi – APA. Deputy Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, Head of the Foreign Relations Department, Novruz Mammadov commented on the opinions expressed by Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt regarding Azerbaijan at the Atlantic Council meeting in Washington, APA reports.
“Unfortunately, there are many such politicians in the international community. They think that everybody should accept and obey what they say. However they don’t understand yet that their irresponsible and narrow-minded thoughts have led the world to such a situation. Today, the ongoing negative processes, conflicts, political instability and tensions in different countries are the result of their thoughts and activities. They are unable to understand the essence of processes in the world. They just memorize some expressions and words, like parrots, and think that they fulfill their duties by using them as a means of pressure”, he said.
Mammadov said Bildt is one of such politicians. Like Fule, he also considers Armenia’s accession to the Eurasian Economic Community to be a reasonable step. However he doesn’t ask himself why he placed this country on the 3rd place in the Eastern Partnership after the European Neighborhood Policy”, he added.
There can be several reasons for Carl Bildt’s statement regarding Azerbaijan. Firstly, he expressed these opinions in Washington. Probably, it is not accidental. Even the Expressen newspaper which had access to the Wikileaks materials reported about his close relationship with some bodies in Washington and serving as an informant since 1973.
“There is a secret document revealing Bildt’s cooperation with the American administration”, the paper reported.
Secondly, though Carl Bildt tried to act as a mentor at the meeting in Baku a few years ago, he was silenced. He was explained that his approach to the processes in Azerbaijan is primitive and far from the truth.
Thirdly, Carl Bildt is self-satisfied and ambitious. He is trying to hold a high position in the European Commission. It seems this step will fail. Ambitious politicians are strongly influenced by such things. He is feeling stressed now.
Finally, Carl Bildt should know that today, justice is the most important value in world community. All other universal values are meaningless without justice. Everything happens in the world in case of the violation of the principle of justice. Some time ago, Czech Foreign Minister Schwarzenberg (his name is also Karel) did not shy away from expressing biased and unfounded position regarding Azerbaijan. But very soon, Schwarzenberg lost his post because of such statements and opinions. Carl Bildt will very likely face same situation”.
Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt said at the Atlantic Council’s meeting in Washington that he has serious doubts about the sincerity of Azerbaijan’s participation in the Eastern Partnership program as an authoritarian regime is dominating in the country.
Related news releases
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 16.10.2017A Ban to Shackling for Mentally Disabled People in Ghana
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan is an important country for U.S. – Ambassador Cekuta
- 14.10.2017Bulgarian president ends visit to Azerbaijan
- 13.10.2017EU says new deal with Azerbaijan should be worked out properly
- 13.10.2017EU urges dialogue between Azerbaijan and PACE
- 13.10.2017US, Azerbaijan enjoy strong partnership in field of security, diplomat says
- 13.10.2017President Rumen Radev reaffirms Bulgaria’s support for realization of Southern Gas Corridor project
- 18.07.2014Patterns of residence permit for foreign diplomats acting in Azerbaijan approved
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Malaysian Prime Minister
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Dutch Prime Minister
- 17.07.2014Azerbaijan APPG member Bob Blackman supports Many Happy Returns campaign
- 17.07.2014Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova to obtain non-NATO ally status
- 16.07.2014US Embassy issues statement regarding $2.4m USAID grant for media development in Azerbaijan