Baku comments on Carl Bildt’s statements regarding Azerbaijan
Baku. Konul Kamilgizi – APA. Deputy Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, Head of the Foreign Relations Department, Novruz Mammadov commented on the opinions expressed by Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt regarding Azerbaijan at the Atlantic Council meeting in Washington, APA reports.
“Unfortunately, there are many such politicians in the international community. They think that everybody should accept and obey what they say. However they don’t understand yet that their irresponsible and narrow-minded thoughts have led the world to such a situation. Today, the ongoing negative processes, conflicts, political instability and tensions in different countries are the result of their thoughts and activities. They are unable to understand the essence of processes in the world. They just memorize some expressions and words, like parrots, and think that they fulfill their duties by using them as a means of pressure”, he said.
Mammadov said Bildt is one of such politicians. Like Fule, he also considers Armenia’s accession to the Eurasian Economic Community to be a reasonable step. However he doesn’t ask himself why he placed this country on the 3rd place in the Eastern Partnership after the European Neighborhood Policy”, he added.
There can be several reasons for Carl Bildt’s statement regarding Azerbaijan. Firstly, he expressed these opinions in Washington. Probably, it is not accidental. Even the Expressen newspaper which had access to the Wikileaks materials reported about his close relationship with some bodies in Washington and serving as an informant since 1973.
“There is a secret document revealing Bildt’s cooperation with the American administration”, the paper reported.
Secondly, though Carl Bildt tried to act as a mentor at the meeting in Baku a few years ago, he was silenced. He was explained that his approach to the processes in Azerbaijan is primitive and far from the truth.
Thirdly, Carl Bildt is self-satisfied and ambitious. He is trying to hold a high position in the European Commission. It seems this step will fail. Ambitious politicians are strongly influenced by such things. He is feeling stressed now.
Finally, Carl Bildt should know that today, justice is the most important value in world community. All other universal values are meaningless without justice. Everything happens in the world in case of the violation of the principle of justice. Some time ago, Czech Foreign Minister Schwarzenberg (his name is also Karel) did not shy away from expressing biased and unfounded position regarding Azerbaijan. But very soon, Schwarzenberg lost his post because of such statements and opinions. Carl Bildt will very likely face same situation”.
Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt said at the Atlantic Council’s meeting in Washington that he has serious doubts about the sincerity of Azerbaijan’s participation in the Eastern Partnership program as an authoritarian regime is dominating in the country.
Related news releases
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey says quadrilateral co-op format with Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia to contribute to peace and stability
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs hail new format of quadrilateral cooperation
- 15.03.2018Baku Declaration adopted at meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs
- 15.03.2018Deputy PM: TAP is an important project for Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 15.03.2018PM Yildirim: Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia take serious steps to ensure regional security
- 18.07.2014Patterns of residence permit for foreign diplomats acting in Azerbaijan approved
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Malaysian Prime Minister
- 18.07.2014Azerbaijani President offers condolences to Dutch Prime Minister
- 17.07.2014Azerbaijan APPG member Bob Blackman supports Many Happy Returns campaign
- 17.07.2014Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova to obtain non-NATO ally status
- 16.07.2014US Embassy issues statement regarding $2.4m USAID grant for media development in Azerbaijan