Baku comments on Carl Bildt’s statements regarding Azerbaijan
Baku. Konul Kamilgizi – APA. Deputy Head of the Azerbaijani Presidential Administration, Head of the Foreign Relations Department, Novruz Mammadov commented on the opinions expressed by Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt regarding Azerbaijan at the Atlantic Council meeting in Washington, APA reports.
“Unfortunately, there are many such politicians in the international community. They think that everybody should accept and obey what they say. However they don’t understand yet that their irresponsible and narrow-minded thoughts have led the world to such a situation. Today, the ongoing negative processes, conflicts, political instability and tensions in different countries are the result of their thoughts and activities. They are unable to understand the essence of processes in the world. They just memorize some expressions and words, like parrots, and think that they fulfill their duties by using them as a means of pressure”, he said.
Mammadov said Bildt is one of such politicians. Like Fule, he also considers Armenia’s accession to the Eurasian Economic Community to be a reasonable step. However he doesn’t ask himself why he placed this country on the 3rd place in the Eastern Partnership after the European Neighborhood Policy”, he added.
There can be several reasons for Carl Bildt’s statement regarding Azerbaijan. Firstly, he expressed these opinions in Washington. Probably, it is not accidental. Even the Expressen newspaper which had access to the Wikileaks materials reported about his close relationship with some bodies in Washington and serving as an informant since 1973.
“There is a secret document revealing Bildt’s cooperation with the American administration”, the paper reported.
Secondly, though Carl Bildt tried to act as a mentor at the meeting in Baku a few years ago, he was silenced. He was explained that his approach to the processes in Azerbaijan is primitive and far from the truth.
Thirdly, Carl Bildt is self-satisfied and ambitious. He is trying to hold a high position in the European Commission. It seems this step will fail. Ambitious politicians are strongly influenced by such things. He is feeling stressed now.
Finally, Carl Bildt should know that today, justice is the most important value in world community. All other universal values are meaningless without justice. Everything happens in the world in case of the violation of the principle of justice. Some time ago, Czech Foreign Minister Schwarzenberg (his name is also Karel) did not shy away from expressing biased and unfounded position regarding Azerbaijan. But very soon, Schwarzenberg lost his post because of such statements and opinions. Carl Bildt will very likely face same situation”.
Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt said at the Atlantic Council’s meeting in Washington that he has serious doubts about the sincerity of Azerbaijan’s participation in the Eastern Partnership program as an authoritarian regime is dominating in the country.
Related news releases
- 17.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev met with Executive Chairman of the World Economic
- 16.01.2017Azerbaijani FM to attend OIC meeting
- 16.01.2017Romania enjoys strategic partnership with Azerbaijan: ambassador
- 14.01.2017Azerbaijani FM sends letter to Turkish counterpart
- 13.01.2017Azerbaijani president sends letter to Turkish counterpart
- 13.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s success today – an outcome of targeted efforts of past few years
- 12.01.2017Blogger Lapshin may apologize to Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives PACE co-rapporteurs
- 11.01.2017Baku to host EU-Azerbaijan subcommittee meeting
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijani President receives a French Secretary of State for Development
- 10.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Rafsanjani was a big supporter of development of Iran-Azerbaijan ties
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijani parliamentary delegation attends Rafsanjani’s funeral
- 10.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Statements made by Pope Francis in Baku reaffirmed importance of Azerbaijan
- 10.01.2017PACE co-rapporteurs to visit Azerbaijan
- 10.01.2017Georgia hopes border delimitation and demarcation with Azerbaijan to end in 2017 - EXCLUSIVE
- 10.01.2017Iran-Azerbaijan ties began strengthening during Rafsanjani’s reign, says ambassador
- 10.01.2017US ambassador to Azerbaijan comments on possibility of Trump recalling him
- 10.01.2017Azerbaijan going to EU as real partner in different spheres: ambassador
- 09.01.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Estonia enjoy active co-op within int’l organizations
- 09.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev expresses condolences over Rafsanjani's death
- 09.01.2017Ilham Aliyev receives incoming ambassadors - UPDATED-1
- 09.01.2017Azerbaijan says joining Islamic Military Alliance not on its foreign policy agenda - UPDATED
- 06.01.2017US embassy: Cekuta expected to continue as ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 05.01.2017Latvian president to visit Azerbaijan
- 04.01.2017Azerbaijani, Turkmen and Turkish presidents to meet in coming months – Turkish FM
- 03.01.2017Azerbaijani president congratulates President of Myanmar
- 03.01.2017Turkey’s parliament kicks off new year with constitutional changes on agenda
- 01.01.2017Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Turkish counterpart
- 30.12.2016Armenia’s provocations aimed at undermining efforts for Karabakh conflict settlement, Azerbaijan says
- 30.12.2016CSTO clarifies Bordyuzha’s expression “Nagorno-Karabakh Republic”
- 30.12.2016Bordyuzha's comments do not reflect Russia’s position, Azerbaijan says
- 30.12.2016Iran cannot interfere in internal affairs of Azerbaijan, parl't speaker says
- 29.12.2016Baku says CSTO chief’s comment is lopsided
- 29.12.2016Israeli ambassador praises professionalism of Azerbaijani Emergencies Ministry’s employees
- 28.12.2016Ilham Aliyev receives Russian human rights commissioner
- 28.12.2016Serbia to lift visa regime for Azerbaijani citizens
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan, Russia hold consultations on Caspian Sea legal status
- 27.12.2016Working group on Caspian legal status to meet in either Ashgabat or Baku
- 27.12.2016Azerbaijan to further mull delimitation and demarcation of borders with Georgia, Russia
- 27.12.2016Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian ICT minister
- 17.01.2017Russian FM comments on detention of blogger Lapshin over illegal visit to Karabakh
- 17.01.2017US ambassador to Azerbaijan to skip Trump’s inauguration ceremony
- 17.01.2017President Ilham Aliyev meets with Norwegian FM in Davos
- 17.01.2017Baku to host Azerbaijan-EU business forum
- 17.01.2017EU, Azerbaijan likely to start negotiations in next few weeks