Azerbaijani, Ukrainian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
At the meeting, the sides expressed their satisfaction with the current status of relations and stressed the importance of high level mutual visits in terms of expanding cooperation between the two countries. It was noted that this year we celebrate 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations and in this regards, congratulatory letters were exchanged between the presidents and foreign ministers of both countries.
Mammadyarov mentioned that the relations are at the level of strategic partnership between the two countries and our positions coincide on the important issues of international agenda.
The ministers highly appreciated the activity of Council of Presidents, high-level consultative mechanism between Azerbaijan and Ukraine, the Intergovernmental Joint Commission, the Working Group on Azerbaijan-Ukraine Inter-Parliamentary Relations, as well as regular political consultations between the foreign ministries.
Klimkin noted that the political relations between Azerbaijan and Ukraine are excellent, economic relations are successfully developing and substantial growth in trade turnover is registered.
The sides commended successful cooperation of two countries in the framework of international organizations. They stressed the importance of further development of cooperation within the UN and its specialized agencies, the OSCE, the Council of Europe and regional organizations such as BSEC and GUAM.
The ministers underlined that Azerbaijan and Ukraine constantly support each other's sovereignty and territorial integrity and stand for the resolution of the conflict in the region within the framework of internationally recognized borders of states.
The sides also discussed regional transport projects, including the East-West, North-South routes and their perspective opportunities, comparative advantages in terms of efficiency and timing and as well as reverse transportation of cargoes from the Ukraine to Central Asian countries through Azerbaijan.
Mammadyarov briefed his counterpart about the current status of negotiations on Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement and stressed the importance of implementation of the demands of the UN Security Council resolutions on the conflict. He pointed out that the conflict must be solved only within the sovereignty, territorial integrity and internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan in accordance with the norms and principles of international law, as enshrined in the relevant UN Security Council resolutions.
During the meeting, Ministers had broad exchange of views on the expansion of legal treaty-base, cooperation in the fields of energy, science-education, tourism, agriculture, culture, metro construction, aviation industry, pharmacy and others.
- 18.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev met with OPEC Secretary General - UPDATED
- 18.03.2018President of Moldova: "Global dialogues in Azerbaijan contribute to the reduction of international tension"
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Chinese counterpart on re-election as President
- 17.03.2018Two panels held on third day of 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018China’s foreign policy mulled at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani, Jordanian FMs exchange letters marking 25th anniversary of diplomatic ties
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives president of Paraguayan Senate - UPDATED
- 16.03.2018Security in the Balkans discussed at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Moldova nearing solution to Transnistrian conflict: President Dodon
- 16.03.2018Gennady Burbulis: I hope Azerbaijan, Armenia will come to agreement
- 16.03.2018Ex-PM Lagumdzija: Azerbaijani president’s visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina to open new page for co-op in many areas
- 16.03.2018Moldovan president: Geopolitical competition on the rise worldwide
- 16.03.2018South-West transport corridor project has great future, says Azerbaijani FM
- 16.03.2018Albania stands by Azerbaijan in Karabakh conflict – president
- 16.03.2018Situation in Middle East discussed at 6th Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Turkish MFA: Zurich protocols benefited Armenia more than Turkey
- 16.03.2018Albania, Azerbaijan enjoy good relations: ex-president
- 16.03.2018Some states testing new weapons in Syria, ex-Lebanese PM claims
- 16.03.2018Working group set up to bring Azerbaijani citizens back from Iraq
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani FM stresses need for reforms in UN
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP’s health deteriorates during speech at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Lebanon’s ex-PM: Unresolved Palestinian conflict lies at root of developments in region
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives Iranian FM - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018US Ambassador to Azerbaijan Cekuta to leave his position in late March
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev meets with member of Bosnia and Herzegovina Presidency - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev presents “Dostlug” Order to UNESCO goodwill ambassador
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets president of Marianna V. Vardinoyannis Foundation
- 15.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets Italian Senate's VP
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani president meets with Albanian counterpart - UPDATED
- 15.03.2018Ilham Aliyev sends congratulatory letter to Angela Merkel
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijan’s First VP Mehriban Aliyeva meets with Turkish PM
- 15.03.2018Respect for int’l law will further strengthen respect for territorial integrity of countries: Iranian FM
- 15.03.2018Former US envoy to UN: Conflicts around the world will increase
- 15.03.2018Georgia to host next meeting of Azerbaijani, Georgian, Iranian and Turkish FMs
- 15.03.2018Existing opportunities should be utilized to bridge Asia with Europe, says Georgian FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey says quadrilateral co-op format with Azerbaijan, Iran, Georgia to contribute to peace and stability
- 15.03.2018Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs hail new format of quadrilateral cooperation
- 15.03.2018Baku Declaration adopted at meeting of Azerbaijani, Turkish, Iranian, Georgian FMs
- 15.03.2018Deputy PM: TAP is an important project for Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 15.03.2018PM Yildirim: Turkey, Azerbaijan and Georgia take serious steps to ensure regional security
- 08.02.2017Lapshin’s extradition shows Azerbaijan’s political will – deputy PM
- 08.02.2017Kremlin comments on Lapshin’s case
- 08.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev interviewed by Al Jazeera TV correspondent
- 08.02.2017Baku to host PACE Committee meeting
- 08.02.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation led by French minister of state
- 08.02.2017Israel embassy in Azerbaijan comments on Lapshin’s case