Azerbaijani, Ukrainian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
At the meeting, the sides expressed their satisfaction with the current status of relations and stressed the importance of high level mutual visits in terms of expanding cooperation between the two countries. It was noted that this year we celebrate 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations and in this regards, congratulatory letters were exchanged between the presidents and foreign ministers of both countries.
Mammadyarov mentioned that the relations are at the level of strategic partnership between the two countries and our positions coincide on the important issues of international agenda.
The ministers highly appreciated the activity of Council of Presidents, high-level consultative mechanism between Azerbaijan and Ukraine, the Intergovernmental Joint Commission, the Working Group on Azerbaijan-Ukraine Inter-Parliamentary Relations, as well as regular political consultations between the foreign ministries.
Klimkin noted that the political relations between Azerbaijan and Ukraine are excellent, economic relations are successfully developing and substantial growth in trade turnover is registered.
The sides commended successful cooperation of two countries in the framework of international organizations. They stressed the importance of further development of cooperation within the UN and its specialized agencies, the OSCE, the Council of Europe and regional organizations such as BSEC and GUAM.
The ministers underlined that Azerbaijan and Ukraine constantly support each other's sovereignty and territorial integrity and stand for the resolution of the conflict in the region within the framework of internationally recognized borders of states.
The sides also discussed regional transport projects, including the East-West, North-South routes and their perspective opportunities, comparative advantages in terms of efficiency and timing and as well as reverse transportation of cargoes from the Ukraine to Central Asian countries through Azerbaijan.
Mammadyarov briefed his counterpart about the current status of negotiations on Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement and stressed the importance of implementation of the demands of the UN Security Council resolutions on the conflict. He pointed out that the conflict must be solved only within the sovereignty, territorial integrity and internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan in accordance with the norms and principles of international law, as enshrined in the relevant UN Security Council resolutions.
During the meeting, Ministers had broad exchange of views on the expansion of legal treaty-base, cooperation in the fields of energy, science-education, tourism, agriculture, culture, metro construction, aviation industry, pharmacy and others.
- 23.10.2017Georgia’s prime minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.10.2017Top official: PACE seems to have turned into tool in hands of certain circles
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani official: We had urged countries now faced with separatism to state their stance against separatism
- 23.10.2017Iranian interior minister to visit Azerbaijan
- 23.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: No one in Europe wants Azerbaijan to leave Council of Europe
- 23.10.2017Talks underway to free Azerbaijanis detained in Iraq, diplomat says
- 23.10.2017Azerbaijani FM Mammadyarov leaves for Italy
- 21.10.2017Pan-African Parliament’s President to visit Azerbaijan
- 20.10.2017Kubiv: Positivity in Kiev-Baku relations bothers some inside and outside of Ukraine
- 20.10.2017Austrian ambassador: Azerbaijan and Armenia can not be forced into one way of solution - INTERVIEW
- 20.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s external debt less than 20% of GDP - UPDATED
- 20.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Turkey
- 20.10.2017MP Samad Seyidov criticizes Ukrainian colleagues for voting against Azerbaijan at PACE
- 20.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends D8 Summit in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani President met with Iranian First Vice President in Istanbul
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani president arrives in Turkey
- 19.10.2017Moscow: Main articles of convention on Caspian Sea status agreed
- 19.10.2017Azerbaijani FM receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf
- 19.10.2017Baku to host next round of talks on new EU-Azerbaijan deal
- 19.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives first vice PM of Ukraine
- 18.10.2017Luxembourgian delegation says the anti-Azerbaijani campaign 'unfair'
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani president receives CIS Frontier Troops’ Commanders
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives Polish FM - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives delegation of Cooperation Council for Arab States of Gulf - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani, Polish FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan hails Poland’s unequivocal stance on principle of territorial integrity
- 18.10.2017Polish FM: Azerbaijan is an energy supplier to Eastern Europe
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijan sees co-op with EU as one of its foreign policy priorities
- 18.10.2017Portugal's interior minister resigns after deadly wildfires
- 18.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Armenian president’s irresponsibly going beyond joint statement ‘not right’
- 18.10.2017EU: Human trafficking victims are mostly migrants, children and women
- 17.10.2017Mahmoud Abbas congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017Saudi King congratulates President Aliyev
- 17.10.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming Greek ambassador
- 17.10.2017Ambassador: US singles out three main directions for implementing economic reforms
- 17.10.2017US assistance to Azerbaijan over past 25 years exceed $1.3 bln – Ambassador Cekuta
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijan seeks to join one of geopolitical groups within Inter-parliamentary Union
- 16.10.2017OPINION: Russia continues to supply modern weapons to occupant Armenia
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani president ends visit to Switzerland
- 16.10.2017Meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents took place in constructive atmosphere - STATEMENT
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP accuses Yerevan of manipulating fate of Syrian Armenians
- 03.10.2017Ukraine, Azerbaijan support each other on international arena – FM Klimkin
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan ‘the most important partner’ for Germany in South Caucasus, envoy says
- 03.10.2017GUAM’s 20th anniversary to be marked at ministerial level in Tbilisi
- 03.10.2017Ukraine says association agreement with EU is a ‘roadmap’ for European-oriented reforms
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan says cooperation with EU is gradually strengthening