Azerbaijani, Ukrainian FMs meet in Baku - UPDATED
At the meeting, the sides expressed their satisfaction with the current status of relations and stressed the importance of high level mutual visits in terms of expanding cooperation between the two countries. It was noted that this year we celebrate 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations and in this regards, congratulatory letters were exchanged between the presidents and foreign ministers of both countries.
Mammadyarov mentioned that the relations are at the level of strategic partnership between the two countries and our positions coincide on the important issues of international agenda.
The ministers highly appreciated the activity of Council of Presidents, high-level consultative mechanism between Azerbaijan and Ukraine, the Intergovernmental Joint Commission, the Working Group on Azerbaijan-Ukraine Inter-Parliamentary Relations, as well as regular political consultations between the foreign ministries.
Klimkin noted that the political relations between Azerbaijan and Ukraine are excellent, economic relations are successfully developing and substantial growth in trade turnover is registered.
The sides commended successful cooperation of two countries in the framework of international organizations. They stressed the importance of further development of cooperation within the UN and its specialized agencies, the OSCE, the Council of Europe and regional organizations such as BSEC and GUAM.
The ministers underlined that Azerbaijan and Ukraine constantly support each other's sovereignty and territorial integrity and stand for the resolution of the conflict in the region within the framework of internationally recognized borders of states.
The sides also discussed regional transport projects, including the East-West, North-South routes and their perspective opportunities, comparative advantages in terms of efficiency and timing and as well as reverse transportation of cargoes from the Ukraine to Central Asian countries through Azerbaijan.
Mammadyarov briefed his counterpart about the current status of negotiations on Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict settlement and stressed the importance of implementation of the demands of the UN Security Council resolutions on the conflict. He pointed out that the conflict must be solved only within the sovereignty, territorial integrity and internationally recognized borders of Azerbaijan in accordance with the norms and principles of international law, as enshrined in the relevant UN Security Council resolutions.
During the meeting, Ministers had broad exchange of views on the expansion of legal treaty-base, cooperation in the fields of energy, science-education, tourism, agriculture, culture, metro construction, aviation industry, pharmacy and others.
- 16.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan, Turkey to continue to implement major projects this year - UPDATED
- 16.01.2018Bulgarian PM completes Azerbaijan visit
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev: Bulgaria and Azerbaijan will continue to cooperate successfully
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev has dinner with Bulgarian PM Boyko Borissov
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM make press statements
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani FM to meet with French counterpart
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president, Bulgarian PM hold expanded meeting
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijani president holds one-on-one meeting with Bulgarian PM
- 15.01.2018Iran’s Rouhani to visit Baku late March
- 15.01.2018Azerbaijan-Moldova intergovernmental commission on economic co-op to meet in first half of 2018
- 15.01.2018Russia says satisfied with strategic partnership with Azerbaijan
- 15.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev offers condolences to Iranian counterpart
- 13.01.2018Azerbaijan stands firmly next to Turkey on all regional issues – envoy
- 12.01.2018Kestutis Jankauskas: "Negotiations on the aviation agreement between Azerbaijan and the EU are almost completed"
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijani, Swiss presidents to meet in Davos
- 12.01.2018Azerbaijan highly values Italy’s willingness to take responsibility of chairing OSCE at challenging period
- 11.01.2018Azerbaijan joins Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific
- 10.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev extends condolences over death Georgia’s first ambassador to Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018Bulgarian president phones President Ilham Aliyev
- 08.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives credentials of incoming ambassadors - UPDATED
- 08.01.2018NATO official comments on upcoming high-level meeting with Russia in Baku
- 05.01.2018Samad Seyidov comments on change in composition of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE
- 04.01.2018Patriarch Kirill sends congratulatory letter to President Ilham Aliyev
- 04.01.2018Staff of Azerbaijani delegation to PACE changed - UPDATED
- 03.01.2018Azerbaijan and EU to hold next round of negotiations in February
- 30.12.2017We hope that conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia will be resolved in 2018 – Iranian spokesman
- 30.12.2017Putin congratulates Azerbaijani president
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev receives letter from Georgian counterpart
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MPs slam Georgia’s intention to provide Armenia with access to Russia
- 29.12.2017Ambassador: Azerbaijan-Georgia economic cooperation yet to reach its potential - INTERVIEW
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan condemns missile attacks against Saudi Arabia
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijani president to visit Belarus
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan’s list of undesirable persons includes names of 600 people: Foreign Ministry
- 28.12.2017Date set for ministerial conference of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
- 28.12.2017MFA: Azerbaijan pursued independent, multi-vector, balanced foreign policy in 2017
- 27.12.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: "Azerbaijan has become one of the centers of inter-civilization dialogue in the world"
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijani president pays working visit to Russia
- 26.12.2017Russian officials congratulate Azerbaijani president on his birthday
- 25.12.2017Turkish PM sends letter to Azerbaijani President
- 25.12.2017Azerbaijani president to attend informal meeting of CIS Council of Heads of State
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijani MP accuses Yerevan of manipulating fate of Syrian Armenians
- 03.10.2017Ukraine, Azerbaijan support each other on international arena – FM Klimkin
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan ‘the most important partner’ for Germany in South Caucasus, envoy says
- 03.10.2017GUAM’s 20th anniversary to be marked at ministerial level in Tbilisi
- 03.10.2017Ukraine says association agreement with EU is a ‘roadmap’ for European-oriented reforms
- 03.10.2017Azerbaijan says cooperation with EU is gradually strengthening